{'en': 'Diabetes, Friends and Party', 'es': 'Diabetes, amigos y fiesta'} Image

Diabetes, Friends and Party

AnnaRT's profile photo   06/01/2022 2:28 p.m.

Hello!It is the first time I encourage writing here.I've been with diabetes for 13 years and at this time in my life I am getting uphill (mentally).

Almost 3 years ago I took a scare that almost cost me my life.I went out with my friends and drank as always (quite), from those passed a little of the diabetes, although I had it "quite well" controlled.The next morning my mother found me unconscious in my room and did not respond, I opened my eyes but it is as if it were me.They took me to the hospital and told me that they did not know what could be (at that time I had sugar more or less well, 150), which was surely a hypoglycemia while sleeping.

I was that day in the hospital, in observation.I didn't speak, I didn't eat ... My friends and family came to see me and I still didn't speak.Until a doctor managed to make me talk.They sent me to my house.When I got home, my mother told me that I in "rebel" plan, I didn't want to eat, I didn't want to put insulin or anything, I just wanted to sleep.

It is important to highlight that I left on Thursday, my mother found me on Friday and sent me home that same day.But when I started being aware, it was Monday.I woke up, looked at my mobile and I saw that it was Monday ... I didn't remember anything that had happened to me.Neither from the hospital, nor seeing my friends nor family.They took me again to emergency that Monday, because they had made a lumbar puncture on Friday (to rule out if it had been something else) and I didn't stop vomiting and had been insulin to eat days without eating anything or putting anything or insulin.

Following this my life changed completely, I felt that life had given me another chance.They put the sensor and began to carry it much better (my endocrine usually congratulates me).But I also stopped going to party as before, obviously I hardly drink after this traumatic experience.

Now my friends are always insisting me to leave almost every weekend and I do not feel like it because I know that the next day I will be wrong with my sugar levels.And I feel bad, judged, sad ... for not being able to do what others do with total tranquility.Besides, my friends always drink enough and I don't feel like looking at them as they get fatal to alcohol.

I do not know how to address this issue and I would love to give me your opinion about it.

All my friends have always supported me, but I think they are not aware of the damage that these types of situations do to me in the long run.I know that my quality of life will get worse over the years, and that is why I want to do things right now, to be better in the future.

Sorry for the sermon!

AnnaRT's profile photo
AnnaRT
06/01/2022 2:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And before, would you not have the sensor?Why did they put it to you now?

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
06/01/2022 2:43 p.m.

Besides, my friends always drink enough and I don't feel like looking at them as they get fatal to alcohol.
@Annart changes friends, there are thousands of activities for young people different from the bottle

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/01/2022 3:33 p.m.

They put it to me when my diabetes educator told me

adrianasanz said:
And did you not have the sensor?Why did they put it to you now?

AnnaRT's profile photo
AnnaRT
06/01/2022 3:43 p.m.

Let's see if you spent drinking.That we blame everything to diabetes but see if it wasn't

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/01/2022 3:49 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I suppose the two things influenced, both alcohol and diabetes :(

nila said:
to see if you spent drinking. That we blamed everything to diabetes but see if it was notBlockquote>

AnnaRT's profile photo
AnnaRT
06/01/2022 3:51 p.m.

annart said:
hello!It is the first time I encourage writing here.I've been with diabetes for 13 years and at this time in my life I am getting uphill (mentally).

Almost 3 years ago I took a scare that almost cost me my life.I went out with my friends and drank as always (quite), from those passed a little of the diabetes, although I had it "quite well" controlled.The next morning my mother found me unconscious in my room and did not respond, I opened my eyes but it is as if it were me.They took me to the hospital and told me that they did not know what could be (at that time I had sugar more or less well, 150), which was surely a hypoglycemia while sleeping.

I was that day in the hospital, in observation.I didn't speak, I didn't eat ... My friends and family came to see me and I still didn't speak.Until a doctor managed to make me talk.They sent me to my house.When I got home, my mother told me that I in "rebel" plan, I didn't want to eat, I didn't want to put insulin or anything, I just wanted to sleep.

It is important to highlight that I left on Thursday, my mother found me on Friday and sent me home that same day.But when I started being aware, it was Monday.I woke up, looked at my mobile and I saw that it was Monday ... I didn't remember anything that had happened to me.Neither from the hospital, nor seeing my friends nor family.They took me again to emergency that Monday, because they had made a lumbar puncture on Friday (to rule out if it had been something else) and I didn't stop vomiting and had been insulin to eat days without eating anything or putting anything or insulin.

Following this my life changed completely, I felt that life had given me another chance.They put the sensor and began to carry it much better (my endocrine usually congratulates me).But I also stopped going to party as before, obviously I hardly drink after this traumatic experience.

Now my friends are always insisting me to leave almost every weekend and I do not feel like it because I know that the next day I will be wrong with my sugar levels.And I feel bad, judged, sad ... for not being able to do what others do with total tranquility.Besides, my friends always drink enough and I don't feel like looking at them as they get fatal to alcohol.

I do not know how to address this issue and I would love to give me your opinion about it.

All my friends have always supported me, but I think they are not aware of the damage that these types of situations do to me in the long run.I know that my quality of life will get worse over the years, and that is why I want to do things right now, to be better in the future.

Sorry for the sermon!

Welcome, I would say that you do not have to change friends, only if you do not feel like you do not do it and point and in the forum any will tell you that it is the diabetes hahahahaha that will tell you some that advises you

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
06/01/2022 4:07 p.m.

When I left I had a beer, maximum two and my friends emptied the bar.I didn't feel bad about that.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/01/2022 4:27 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Annart, you had that bad experience, but that does not have to take you out of leaving, simply control what you drink and you surely have fun more than them.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/01/2022 5:31 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Annart, in my opinion you may spend in the drink more than with glucose. The good friends will accept you as you are, Sinò ......... When I stop drinking alcohol, it was a hundred years ago, I was still single and evenI would not diagnose diabetes, and when everyone asked for a "cubata" and I asked for something without alcohol, they "bombarded me" to questions; you are sick ?: What's wrong with you?etc. All is the question of throwing noses. Good friends were left and I was the "that did not drink" those who were not left.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
06/01/2022 5:39 p.m.

Thank you, I suppose it is a matter of perspective

sherpa41 said:
I when I left I took a beer, maximum two and my friends emptied the bar.I didn't feel bad about that.

AnnaRT's profile photo
AnnaRT
06/01/2022 6:10 p.m.

I stopped leaving and focused on sport.If late, I take one or two glasses of wine occasionally.But going to party at night nothing, without being able to drink the night I get long and bored.

I'm lucky that my partner understands and respects me.If she feels like she goes out with her friends but I stay at home.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
06/01/2022 6:44 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

@Annart there are several options to leave and not be the rarito on duty.
It is also true that friends who love us well, first understand us, second respect us and third and more importantly take care of us and care about us.

The most important thing is to have the stomach full of food and drink when it is digesting to avoid the hypoglycemia produced by alcohol.

In my personal experience, 2 glasses I tolerate them well, then I change to Coca Cola ZeroMayorcita.That is always the alcochol with Zero soda.

I am more of vinitos and so, that we started at 12 and last time it was 23 and we continued .... of hypos and that nothing, but the next day I had a terrible resacón.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/01/2022 7:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Annart

I don't know very well how diabetes could influence you.But I think that a lot of adulterated alcohol that causes you to poisoning and mental blockage probably.When I was young and we exceeded I know people who the next day did not remember anything absolutely.In your case it was much more serious.Your liver suffered a lot that weekend.

Get out who you want, but in your case I would avoid strong alcohols.Drink with food in the stomach and varies.A glass of wine or beer (in that case with insulin) and then the following round water or sugar drink.You will endure more and your liver will suffer less.

The thing about your friends is something personal that you have to decide.

Greetings and take care

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/01/2022 9:27 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Annart is screwed on the issue, not only to party and drink to the water of the vases, go out to eat, dinner, or do outdoor activities, will always condition and limit you, but you are young, perhaps or not inA few years they find the cure of this disease, the entrance alcohol lowers the sugar but then makes hyperglycemia when the liver begins to turn it into sugars, in addition I do not know but most of the time it is served with soft drinks with a lot of sugar,If you drink a vodka cuvea with orange or red bull or a ball with tail and the soda carries a lot of sugar so ... do not discourage you, think that the liver does not suffer

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
06/02/2022 12:33 a.m.

Hi @annart I believe that the majority that has caught us with that age to leave party and alcohol We have had that "problem" but it is what is commented.First that by your health it must prevail avoid alcohol and second that true friendships will remain there even if you stop out or stop drinking.

In many cases it ends up changing friendships especially for the environment.In the end if you are cool to go to the bike mountain or any other activity ... you attract other people with another lifestyle.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/02/2022 8:50 a.m.

Well look, drinking so much is not good for anyone.For us of course not, but neither for the rest.Over time your body will appreciate it, that then everything ends up taking its toll ... Try other activities that you like, outdoors, sport ... Surely there are thousands of things that gratify you more than go out to drink crazy.A glass from time to time is worth, but the other leave it aside.And really friends are those who care about us.Luck!

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
06/02/2022 10:42 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

That approach is as if I said "I spent 6 years eating macarranos, but since one day I fell some tomato in the shirt and there was no way to remove it or with agurs, I decided to stop eating macaroni forever."
You always had the option to put on a napkin.
Maybe this seems silly, but it is exactly what you have done.Based on a bad experience, you have labeled as many that neither resemble or based on the result of a budget that all were like that.Were they?
If you, in your internal dialogue you decide that it is.that's what it will be like.Remember that phrase supposedly H Ford."Whether you think you can or do you think no, ..... you will be right."If you decided that it will be the party to party again, if your mental dialogue is that, in the end your mind will act so that it is, since it does not receive order or option against.This is how it will act with that base.Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
06/05/2022 5:14 p.m.

If you take alcohol the liver considers it as a toxic, it will forget everything and the alcohol is going to get to work, so it will lower your glucose, it doesn't matter if you eat, as you take a lot of alcohol you can have a problem ifYou have put insulin since it will continue to lower the glucose, and there is no one free to raise it.
When the liver ends with alcohol, the glucose will rise again.
The same may be what happened to you, you had hypoglycemia and then gave you 150 because it began to rise after metabolizing alcohol.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
06/06/2022 9:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.