Presentation and consultation

GeCa's profile photo   06/16/2022 10:22 a.m.

Hello good morning my name is Gema and 3 weeks ago my 12 -year -old son debuted diabetes.As you can imagine we are destroyed.We are at the moment trying to regulate the insulin dose and we have put the Firstline Patch 3 sensor because we pay it at times.
I have a very big dilemma and I don't know if you can help me with your experience.My son has the end of the course of the course next week and I don't know what to do whether or not to leave, it's 4 days, three nights, it is multi -venture.My main doubt is that at night he does not hear the alarms of the mobile.My soul falls into pieces for not letting him go but at the same time I think I play a lot because something serious can happen.
Please, if you can help me
Thank you

GeCa's profile photo
GeCa
06/16/2022 10:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Gema, you have to see how the nights spend and how it is regulated.The first weeks are dose adaptation and there is usually a honeymoon in which less insulin is needed, but you have to see and adjust.It depends on how he can be fixed and how you look calmer.
When they are regulated, on that type of trip the slow is usually lowered, better talk to your educator.
In this you have to learn little by little .., much encouragement.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/16/2022 12:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Geca is going to be sinvivir, but it will be good to go on an excursion so that he is responsible for his diabetes.
The best thing is that it goes high blood glucose (180-250), for 4 days nothing will happen to him, that way you avoid the hypoglycemia that are the worst.

As @regina says, if you are on a honeymoon, your insulin reserve will act and need less exogenous.Also by not stopping, heat and adrenaline will make you lower than normal.

I insisted that he is not going to sleep below 160, that he has hand glucose envelopes, that I told the friends with whom he sleeps and plays;I explain well how they should help you if you get to hypoglycemia and you were not well at all to take glucose.(About sugar under the tongue acts quite well and is less risky than the injected glucagon)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/16/2022 2:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Geca: Have you asked your child if you want to go or not?If he is clear, go ahead. Teachers have to be informed of their condition and know how to highlight down and use the inhaled glucagon, which is quite easy to use, in case of emergency.Surely your child will have a great time.To be calmer, you can ask the teachers to send you a daily "part" by WhatsApp of how your child has gone the day.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/16/2022 5:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

You don't know how I appreciate it.Now I am a sea of ​​doubts.The doctor told me to be but it does not hear the alarm at night and today has had several hypoglycemia.They lowered the slow to endure but we have not yet seen the result.Thanks, thanks, thanks ......

GeCa's profile photo
GeCa
06/17/2022 10:01 a.m.

I also caught this with 12 years, I went to the end of the course trip, and if I go with the sensor better so you can see if it is going very low or tall, I had to prick my fingers and it was more uncomfortable, that juices are taken byIf flies, glucose, pills, etc.At night with the hypos I wake up, but if it is not the case Tirad down with the slowAnd that's why I will make hypos, do not worry, it is a crap of disease but can be controlled with diet, insulin and exercise and thus avoid other diseases derived from diabetes, in addition to 12 years my mother, something will find in the future

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
06/17/2022 11:55 a.m.

gca said:
hello good morning my name is gema and 3 weeks ago my 12 -year -old son was debuted the diabetes.As you can imagine we are destroyed.We are at the moment trying to regulate the insulin dose and we have put the Firstline Patch 3 sensor because we pay it at times.
I have a very big dilemma and I don't know if you can help me with your experience.My son has the end of the course of the course next week and I don't know what to do whether or not to leave, it's 4 days, three nights, it is multi -venture.My main doubt is that at night he does not hear the alarms of the mobile.My soul falls into pieces for not letting him go but at the same time I think I play a lot because something serious can happen.
Please, if you can help me
Thanks

Courage, I have been diabetic for more than 50 years, I was 5 when they discovered it, and it hasn't gone wrong.

My general advice is that I study: that it is reported well, disease, insulin, treatment, sensors.And that you realize the decisions you have to make and its consequences.

And go to the activity, without hesitation.Diabetics are people like others and we can do anything if we control ourselves well.If you begin to prevent him from doing things, he will never learn and that is the worst that could happen to him.

It is logical that nightlife scare you, I am also a father and I understand you (fortunately, not diabetic children).What you have to do is connect with the ABBOT application or with Nightscouts or with whatever and that the alarms also reach you.And then, if you see that he does not recover glycemia, you call him.Or you can talk to the tutor and tell you this problem.

But he has to go.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
06/19/2022 10:53 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.