{'en': 'Diabetes-Colesterol-Statines', 'es': 'Diabetes-colesterol-estatinas'} Image

Diabetes-Colesterol-Statines

Ensalada's profile photo   06/30/2022 9:52 a.m.

My father has been taking statins from the age of 60 and has 95, and still reason very well ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/04/2022 3:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Honestly, I would stop looking for so much online and I would worry more about cardiovascular risk at the present time.

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
09/07/2022 3:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That is the subject.Cholesterol is necessary but not sufficient condition to have cardiovascular risk.Applying the protocol, without bothering to analyze the set of particles that can become a terroma, some endocrine prescribes the medication automatically, guiding only by the value of cholesterol.
It is not a harmless medication;Curiously, one of the possible side effects is insulin resistance and increased blood glucose.For a diabetic, enter loop.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/07/2022 4:38 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
That is the subject.Cholesterol is necessary but not sufficient condition to have cardiovascular risk.Applying the protocol, without bothering to analyze the set of particles that can become a terroma, some endocrine prescribes the medication automatically, guiding only by the value of cholesterol.
It is not a harmless medication;Curiously, one of the possible side effects is insulin resistance and increased blood glucose.For a diabetic, enter loop.

Already, no medically harmless.It is seen that you have medical knowledge with which I cannot refute the truth

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
09/07/2022 5:17 p.m.

Hello to me after my second pregnancy with 31 years they wanted to give me statins for life for a cholesterol of 232 and LDL 132 Tb I told him that I took them a year and if the cholesterol goes down but I do not give me the chase of taking statins40 years for their side effects, I left them exercise, leave the cheese take tuna and Danacol something low at 50 I will have to take them because the RCV increases in women but at least I have saved 20 years.Tb going hashimoto thyroiditis from 29

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
09/11/2022 3:10 p.m.

I have hypercholestemia 15 years ago, I take simvastatin every night, I have not had any problem so far, when the endocrine prescribed it to me I had total cholesterol through the clouds, if I remember correctly it was in 400 and it chopped a burden: '(

barry's profile photo
barry
09/11/2022 7:07 p.m.

To me, 25 years ago cholesterol and hypothyroidisms came out.I have never taken these pills chronically (I took it before the analysis so that they did not give me the barrel).5 years ago, start with red rice yeast (branding brand every 2 months) and the tyrosine.
With Covid, I decided to focus on the immune and nervous system and leave the yeast and tyrosine.Last year the hypo, cholesterol 184 no longer came out.
Cholesterol there are pharmacies that make you the measure free and so you will go better.But a cholesterol of 180/200 does not seem to medicate as a first option.

Pablus's profile photo
Pablus
09/11/2022 7:23 p.m.

I have begun to exercise strength just around the holidays and I am also increasing physical activity in general.I have not lowered the consumption of animal fat (cheese, ham, back, lacon ...) for the moment, in two weeks I do analysis and I will see how cholesterol is reacting.
Thank you very much for your comments, I see that I am not the only one that is suspicious of the happy medication.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/12/2022 8:53 a.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I have been in which the bad cholesterol I have above 100, specifically in the last analytics to 155.
I resisted medication, but today they have told me that I must take it.
I have prescribed Rosuvastatina 10mg.He told me that it is not incompatible with the other medications I take, but I have not asked him why this and no other prescription.
Do you know what are they based on?
Does anyone take them?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/07/2022 6 p.m.

@Anaisabel There is a classification of statins by power and by specialization.It is a scale that changes according to doctor, hospital ... and Each master has its booklet .According to the doctor's experience, he classs = "Italic"> like one or the other, but there is no target parameter, if you get everything high you get atorvastatin, if you complain about muscle pains change to rosuvastatina,If you get very complaint (like me), Pitavastatin.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
10/09/2022 11:01 a.m.

I tell you:
My control came and the cholesterol has risen me more (145 the "bad").More physical exercise has not worked.I resign myself and take the statin, for the moment I do not notice adverse effects.
CHANGE OF STRATEGY: I reduce cheese and sausage (😭) more avocado, the breakfast sandwich instead of ham/ loin/ cecina/ s or b r a s a d a ... I do it tuna/ turkey breast/ gaps in vinegar/ marinated sardines/ smoked salmon/ Fresh cheese.
Let's see what happens ...

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/09/2022 7 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
I tell you:
My control came and the cholesterol has risen me more (145 the "bad").More physical exercise has not worked.I resign myself and take the statin, for the moment I do not notice adverse effects.
CHANGE OF STRATEGY: I reduce cheese and sausage (😭) more avocado, the breakfast sandwich instead of ham/ loin/ cecina/ s or b r a s a d a ... I do it tuna/ turkey breast/ gaps in vinegar/ marinated sardines/ smoked salmon/ Fresh cheese.
Let's see what happens ...

Well, with those changes, when you do good cholesterol you don't think it has been for statins .......
Cholesterol is necessary for life, and your body generates to repair arteries, cell walls ........ If you have an inflammatory diet, added to insulin (inflammatory) your body cascads and fixes it with cholesterol(Very very very basic explanation), change to a healthier meal and you will see that everything is better, sausage every day, that is processed food, test with more real food and reduce your insulin needs (carb) and continue with exerciseYoga I exercise.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
10/10/2022 12:25 a.m.

Be careful with statins, they have a high incidence in the liver, on the one hand they take away cholesterol and on the other they increase the risk of liver disease, luckily I have the cholesterol the HDL to 45 and the LDL to 108He takes it without asking the endocrine and probably told you that 10 mg is very little since there are people who take up to 100 mg, a compi of the curro was 558 cholesterol and gave him 100 mg and they have dropped it to 10Mg already because he has lowered it, ask and see what they tell you.If you opt for a more natural and healthy way to lower it, red rice tablets, I use it and although I hardly like fat, I have it 153, but the best way is to take care of food

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
10/10/2022 noon

I believe that it is best to get serious about what each one eats, eat healthy fatty fatty and few hydrates and cholesterol will go down.
Taking a pill does not solve the problem, just hides it.
Without these past you can start with medication, but you have to make changes and reduce the medication until it is removed.
The statins only serve to do the number in the analytics well, the problem is still there.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
10/10/2022 8:23 p.m.

It depends on each body.
My mother takes statins from 40 is not diabetic, and with almost 80 she is great, or damaged liver or anything.
His body does not metabolize cholesterol and needs help.He has never taken fat, excesses or anything because he has a delicate stomach.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/10/2022 9:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, statins began to market from 1987 with the Lovastatin, your mother is a pioneer in the use of statins because they have exist for 35 years

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
10/11/2022 12:41 a.m.

otabol said:
I think it is best to get serious in what each one eats, eat healthy fatty fats and few hydrates and cholesterol will go down.
Taking a pill does not solve the problem, just hides it.
Without these past you can start with medication, but you have to make changes and reduce the medication until it is removed.
The statins only serve to do the number in the analytics well, the problem is still there.

My purpose is to regulate cholesterol without statins.I have resigned myself to take them because the Alcista Endencia del Colesterol has mussed me.From ninety -one to 145 in one year.I have also introduced changes in my diet.With what I like cheese..😭
I do not conform to the first that prescribe me, I try all the natural remedies that they recommend there.
Red rice yeast is a statin;It is natural instead of synthetic, but it has the same effects, it does not convince me.
I will be like this until the next analytics and, according to the results, I will modify the strategy.I will tell you.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/12/2022 4:48 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Has glycemia uploaded when you start treatment?
I've been about ten days for insulin to work as always especially in the morning.I have uploaded the dose of Tresiba and I remain the same.
The only thing I have changed is that I have taken the pill to lower cholesterol.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/17/2022 6:17 p.m.

It all depends on the case, like everything in this life.In family hypercholesterolemias that are genetic, by deficit of enzymes that metabolize cholesterol and in which they can get to have, 500 and with the rest of the very altered lipid profile, I have it clear, it is yes or yes.In fact, studies of young parents who have had a heart attack or some cardiovascular problem are studied or there are several family members with less than 50 years, and in many cases there were family hypercholesterolemia.
But in cases of cholesterol around 210-230, I don't have it so clear.As they have said before, not only the total cholesterol, but the LDL, the HDL, the triglycerides, the apo b.At least every 6-12 months, it is requested in the public, in the health and in hospitals, it is not necessary to go to any private laboratory, it is some routine.
And apart from that, the most important thing is to reduce the glying as much as possible, it is very complicated, I know, but if you reach a glying as close to a non-diabetic (5.4-5.5 the most), through a low level inHC, you will need little insulin, insulin is necessary to live but makes an anabolic function, transports blood glucose to tissues and organs but when it is over, if there is still excess blood glucose, that glucose is stored in formof fat.
Therefore, on many occasions, it is chronic hyperglycemia that increases cholesterol.Lowering as much as possible, it is usually corrected.
Many people are not diabetic but they have insulin resistance and do not know, by obesity or other reasons. And they have high.
There are cases in which medication is necessary, but I think that it is prescribed very lightly, with the excuse of the cololesterol above such. Level produces an increase in CV risk and what really produces that increaseDel.riesgo CV is the maintained hyperglycemia.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/18/2022 10:29 a.m.

salad said:
Hi Foreros!

Yesterday my review with the endocrine and I go out with two gifts:
* Positive antibodies of Hashimoto hypothyroidism (at the moment my thyroid is functional)
* Atorvastatin to control cholesterol, which I have high (232 the total, 135 the LDL)

I have been investigating the statins and I don't like anything, nothing.

I would like to know if any of you take them, how do they feel and if they are effective about cholesterol.

I also want to ask you if I can do something to lower cholesterol naturally and finally, if the statins are going to be another life imprisonment or there is any possibility that cholesterol is regulated and can stop taking them.

Thank you!

I am the same.
I take what they send me and for the moment I am fine 👍

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
10/18/2022 12:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.