{'en': '"Picos" at glucose levels', 'es': '"Picos" en los niveles de glucosa'} Image

"Picos" at glucose levels

Cassie's profile photo   07/20/2022 4:37 p.m.

Hello,

I am retouching the ratios because my educator has changed them to see if it worked for me and did not make so many hypos in the middle of the afternoon, I have lowered the values ​​of the rapid in food and dinner, but I see that it is not going well, becauseAlthough then it lowers me at 2 hours, I do "peaks" of 200 and peak (which I did not do eating things without high glycemic index)

My question is as follows:

How much do you consider that it is a normal "peak" that makes you at a meal?

Because I've been 200 days and I get nervous ...

So I put the last thing I had before I had touched it.

Thank you!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/20/2022 4:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I believe that when eating it is very normal that I reach 200 even more, I like everything and I put 25 in three at night and fast according to what I eat, I like enough and everything since I work in construction and it isA very heavy work, and I have a 5.6 glycof diabetes, it cost me at the beginning, while you learn how you react to insulin !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
07/20/2022 7:10 p.m.

Try to space time between insulin injection and intake.
You can also start food for very low food in hydrates, such as vegetables or salad and, when you already have that base in the stomach, eat hydrates (bread, pasta, potatoes).Thus you get the glycemic index of the food assembly to be lower and do not produce a very pronounced peak.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/20/2022 11:10 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Cassie said:
I am retouching the ratios because my educator has changed them to see if it worked for me and did not make so many hypos in the middle of the afternoon, I have lowered the values ​​of the rapid in the food in the foodAnd at dinner, but I see that it is not going well, because although then it goes down at 2 hours, I do "peaks" of 200 and peak (which I did not do before eating things without high glycemic index)
My question is as follows: How much do you consider that it is a normal "peak" to make you in a meal?Because I've been on 200 days and I get nervous .... so I have put the last thing I had before I had touched it.Thanks!

What the endo told me is that we must be between 70 and 180, therefore 200 is Altillo ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/20/2022 11:13 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Cassie, for meal peaks you have to put the insulin before, trying to coincide with the action of insulin with the absorption of food, so there are no peaks, or very low.
I went crazy with those of breakfast and started trying with insulin x minutes before.In the end I have reached:
- Breakfast 40-50 min before,
- Food about 20 min before, and
- Dinner right when starting to eat.
They change me a little with menstruation and ovulation;My body has resistance and it costs me more to enter values.

The theory is that after two hours of having made the intake is below 180 mg/dl;The reality is that for good glycemic control you have to avoid the peaks at all costs, being as flat as possible and below 150 mg/dl, if not the glycosilada goes above 6. With the meters the controls have changedAnd the endocrine are very fixed in the variability and time in range (80-140)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/21/2022 8:22 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

My educator urged me to start eating 15 minutes after clicking, and that is what I do .... That the important thing is that I was less than 180 at 2 hours;But as the dose of insulin has lowered me (which I have risen again, because before I did not picos and these two days yes) ... I no longer know what is or not normal.
With menstruation I am rather short Ruthbia ... between 80-90 .... He has put me as glycemic objective: 90-150 between 12'00 and 7´00, and between 19'45 and24´00.And from 7´00 to 19´45: 70-130.I don't know if it seems normal ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/21/2022 12:22 p.m.

@Cassie did not specify me so much.The first endo told me 80-140, and when I started the fertility treatment I changed me 80-130 and with that I stayed.In the end reading and reading the ideal is to be below 120 between hours for a glyc of 6.
What the educator tells you is fine, but you have to experience it.There will be days that 15 min before it works and others that you need 30 min.The 2-3 days before ovular or menstruate usually takes more insulin and more effectiveness.

I put the insulin and when I see the arrow that goes down a little, I start to breakfast, so I avoid peaks, in another case I easily see 280 or a lot of time.With meals and dinners, as I said, with 10 min I'm going well.

With the sensor it is easy to test.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/21/2022 3:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Oysters!Well, I had not occurred to observe with the sensor when it starts to go down, to start eating ... very good idea!I systematically as a clock, at 15min.I put on it .... hahahaha thanks beautiful!:-*

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/21/2022 3:40 p.m.

Cassie said:
oysters!Well, I had not occurred to observe with the sensor when it starts to go down, to start eating ... very good idea!I systematically as a clock, at 15min.I put on it .... hahahaha thanks beautiful!:-*

It also depends a lot on what you are going to eat.If they are things that go up quickly you have to click much earlier.For example, for white bread I needed to prick an hour before.For the one I take now, an integral seeds, with 15 minutes it is enough.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/21/2022 4:36 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

You're welcome woman.Do not be afraid to try, just have the remedy on hand.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/21/2022 4:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.