{'en': 'Diabetes abroad', 'es': 'Diabetes en el extranjero'} Image

Diabetes abroad

AnnaRT's profile photo   07/25/2022 2:39 p.m.

Hello!

I've been thinking about going to Scotland or Ireland for a while to work for a season to learn English.

What makes me back is my concern for diabetes and the treatment I have.

Do you know where I can inform me about the health of these countries?

Or if anyone who is here knows how it works, or is in another country ...

Thank you!

AnnaRT's profile photo
AnnaRT
07/25/2022 2:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

"Diabetics for the world" ....

No idea, ask in your health center.I imagine you will have to demonstrate at the NHI (National Health Insurance) that you live there with some rent or work contract to give you assistance.In Edinburgh there is Spanish consulate but the support is bad, at least for me that the Covid caught me there and they did not give me any assistance.

Now they are not "European Union" so I don't know if the European health card accepts it.

The other option is to send you a relative from here the material and insulin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/27/2022 9:09 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Years before knowing that he was diabetic, he was traveling with a friend who was DM1, and he was carrying a detailed medical report and his translation certified into English, he carried all the material he could for twice the time planned in his boxesOriginals not open, and if we were going to work longer, I went to the local health center or hospital A for the recipe, for the strangers it was much more expensive.In England I went to a clinic for the recipe and I think it was eight pound the lantus.
I hope I have helped

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
08/03/2022 4:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.