{'en': 'Recommendations', 'es': 'Recomendaciones'} Image

Recommendations

strange67's profile photo   04/22/2022 2:06 p.m.

Hello good!

Is any for this forum that skip the recommendations and guidelines of the endo and the educator?

To give an example the D HC count in each meal, do you do it?

You count the HC at each meal knowing that it can become stressful exhausting etc.healthy d i.g low and that the person wonders and what do you owe?

If I have counted the R HC, I have ingested food from I.G under I have respected the portions of each food although that would give the same person a person can eat the amount D HC that he wants or fancy for that he has insulin, the amount would also do the same becauseYou can also upload sugar because of course tb other factors influences ...

Diabetes is complicated but that is why we are not going to stop enjoying such succulent and appetizing foods as a paella .. in the recommendations of the endors, nutritionists ..

They say that we have to incorporate healthy foods but from some healthHis patients are forbidden for such food but you can find it eating that "prohibited" food because I will continue eating healthy and insane food.

Well one or do you count the HC or simply eat the food and then d 2h post food you look at the sugar and if you see a hyper you put on, x dose to lower that sugar?There are people who do it and I don't know if that is a problem, for the moment I do not dare to do so TB there are those who eat occasionally U.G.P and there are no HC count and the dose is injected at 3-4h afterhave eaten.

Greetings,

strange67's profile photo
strange67
04/22/2022 2:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I always, before eating, I make a previous count of the hydrates that I am going to ingest and I put a quick insulin taking into account that.Doing it in another way seems very reckless and it would seem bad to do so, especially in the account that brings me!In any case, with time and practice, carrying out that previous count of hydrates to me does not seem so stressful and exhausting.
I only rectify whether I have confused or not calculated well, for whatever, the insulin dose.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
04/22/2022 2:41 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

The count is essential, if not, you will not identify the value of glucose when you measure it at two hours and you will fall into erratic values ​​every time ..
It does not seem especially stressful.I do it by eye, I don't go with the scale out there.If it were, I always try to ask for a first first (green salad or vegetables) that will reduce the glycemic index of the total food and second what I want, including pasta or legumes or croquettes, whatever.I put the insulin that I have calculated for the menu and watch to see if I have succeeded.If not, I correct, preferably with a walk instead of more insulin.
Of course, I am very restrained with hydrates.I do not take more than two croquettes and the paste rations because Mini, type tasting dish.I am not compensated for the supposed pleasure of taking a "prohibited" food and finding me later fatal.
You have debuted recently and at first this is overwhelming.With a little practice a "good bucket" eye develops enough.
Courage, that paella is a bomb, even for healthy people and with "healthy" foods you can make delicious menus

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
04/22/2022 5:22 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I don't count hydrates and I don't follow the guidelines they gave me.
Over time you disconnect everything they tell you at the beginning.You eat the amounts you want from the foods that you want and calculate by eye.Months and years of experience.
If I remain short of insulin I rectify and if I pass it like a cookie with coffee.The usual thing is to succeed, simple and easy to metabolize food.

Paella one a year replenishing insulin every 2.5 hours, to each one that compensates.I do not give myself more luxuries, the sweets calculate them badly, I do not try them because it has to be the day in which I have or insulin resistance and there are few, few.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/22/2022 8:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I don't count HC either, like a non -diabetic, healthy food, and I put insulin, according to food ingests, and I have a 5.7 glycI am more like coconut, but you will go crazy, at first as the guidelines almost pillo a depression, now I handle diabetes and not she, that I am high rectify and that's it, that if I have been in diabetes andI think I know my body very well and the reaction of insulin !!
Greetings !! 👋👋👋

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
04/23/2022 9:19 a.m.

For me diabetes is like one more job.The more he knows about this second job, the easier it will be to perform it and adapt it to my life.
If I can improvise now, so to speak, it is because I know;If I can count by eye and eat what I want, it is because I spent months weighing food, seeing the nutritional value of the labels, learning about the DM1, observing my glycemia at the different moments of the day.
Knowledge allows you to act freely.If you improvise from the beginning in a job, you may ever work out, but sooner or later you will see the duster and others will realize that you have no idea.In this case, that "the others" is yourself.And as in everything, everyone can do it.
And now for Saturday and those reeds!

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
04/23/2022 12:17 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

I have to clarify that as healthy and insane I look for a balance and not as always the same quantities sometimes I feel like a garrison of potato rice accompanied by salad or vegetables and an animal protein other times only I only take a plate of vegetables and fruit other times becauseChicken breast fish with vegetables other times I feel like meatballs with potato potatoes Pista Manchego, go typical grandmother's meals.

I use the novorapid and according to the prospect the sugar levels begin to decrease to 10-20M but really the maximum peak to decrease is 1h to 2h and the duration is 2H to 5h

strange67's profile photo
strange67
04/23/2022 11:30 p.m.

I have been with DT1 for 28 years and I have taken it for bad, regular, good seasons ...

Luckily the Max I have had of complications is retinopathy that treated me with Laser and it was very painful.

For the rest I have always been rebellious but I try to take care of myself.

I stay thin (more weight plus insulin resistance. As healthy but sometimes as croquettes type or such, very rarely.

I also exercise, not much but I do.

I have 44 to now and I am fine but my DT1 is very variable and very rebellious.If someone is going to submit someone here, I will be the one who submits diabetes.

And regarding the question ..... the endocrine gives guidelines and the educator educa but who lives with diabetes is the one who has to learn to handle it.

I am from the idea of ​​"know your enemy and catch the weak point or join it"

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
04/24/2022 2:34 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

Those who eat without counting rations The insulin you put it before during or after the food.Is it that sometimes I have wondered why we always have insulin before eating?And why not at the end of eating, depending on whether or not to count the hydrates?What does it give if we put the insulin before for after each meal?If the important thing we are injected with, right?It is one thing to eat without counting HC rations and without insulin and another thing is to eat at "eyelet" but with insulin injections: before during or after.

Lauraa's profile photo
Lauraa
04/29/2022 8:20 p.m.

@Lauraa each one of the insulin when he considers based on when his active substance begins to act.The ideal is to match the effect of insulin with the absorption of food in blood.

I varied according to food and my hormonal state;It is a matter of knowing each other.
When debuts it is important to count hydrates and write down the insulin dose, so you learn what food needs more or less and that amounts of food, what time, if you exercise, etc.
Then you free yourself and do it by eye.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/29/2022 9:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

We follow a low carbohydrates and regular insulin diet which makes control more easy as DR Bernstein proposes in his book Diabetes Solution (the one who wants it to happen), being few carbohydrates, the climbs are much milder and when requiringLess insulins are much less hypos, it is difficult at the beginning but then it really works

AnibalJ's profile photo
AnibalJ
05/01/2022 12:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.