I.G

Lauraa's profile photo   04/30/2022 2 p.m.

Good k such someone could explain to me that the numbers that appear in the "HC rations" in each food, a column with (I.g color and a number) for example: for example: for example:
Cruasán = red (high) (70)
Black chocolate = green (bass) (20)
I understand the colors:
Red (elevated)
Orange (moderate)
Green (bass) but what I don't understand are the numbers that come in each column of (I.G)

Lauraa's profile photo
Lauraa
04/30/2022 2 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Glymic Index, food absorption speed.
The higher, the faster the hydrate and insulin need to put it before so that they coincide

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/30/2022 2:08 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Lauraa

I.G.= Glycemic index

Indic as quickly raises glycemia a food.The higher the faster index, carbohydrates enter.Red means high index, that is, carbohydrates become sugars very quickly.The top is sugar, juices.

Why is it useful?For example, vegetables have x carbohydrates but a very low index, in general.That means in our case that their carbohydrates are processed very slowly, so much that in many cases, we do not have to count those carbohydrates to put ourselves insulin, because our body itself will assimilate them without insulin.But if you take the same amount of carbohydrates but of a food with a high glucemic index, the thing changes.You will have to put insulin and soon, because they enter very fast.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/30/2022 2:15 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

It is then worth food with I.G high/moderateeat?And the numbers in each I.g x Example (70) is the time it takes for food but 70 minutes?70 seconds ??It's what I don't understand

Lauraa's profile photo
Lauraa
04/30/2022 7:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Lauraa, there is either to complicate so much, because in the meals nutrients are mixed that usually make an average .. and insulin usually puts about 10 min before eating.
It matters more to control time depending on how you are glycemia prior to meals.
And yes, with hypoglycemia, always something of high glycemic index, glucose, sugar, better in liquid..The amount already calculates it, as you climb.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/30/2022 8:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

lauraa said:
it is then worth food with I.G high/moderateFoods with the I.G low do I have to put the insulin after eating?And the numbers in each I.g x Example (70) is the time it takes for food but 70 minutes?70 seconds ??It's what I don't understand

The numbers are the percentage.Glucose is 100. From there, a 50, for example, would be that food rises at half speed than glucose.Of course, not only does the IG influence but also the quantity.If you take 1 gram of glucose or notice it, even if it climbs to the maximum, with what in the end what counts is a mixture of Ig and quantity, which is called glycemic load.
Exciting this world ... 😂😂😂😂

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/30/2022 10:57 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.