{'en': 'Hyperglycemia by surprise', 'es': 'Hiperglucemias por sorpresa'} Image

Hyperglycemia by surprise

Cassie's profile photo   07/26/2022 8:39 a.m.

Last night it happened to me again;I had dinner at 2 hours and was 120, when I was going to sleep Tachán!205!

Without having eaten anything in 5 hours, I was relaxed watching a movie, let's not understand anything ...

I click 1/2 (what advised me the bolus corrector), I fell asleep and at 2 hours it whistled me again, I was still the same .... Another 1/2 unward and sleep, this time at the time it came downat 170 and I got up in 130.

Is this normal?

Does anyone know why it occurs?

I am very frustrated, I just want to cry ... I am carrying this situation badly, I get uphill ...

Thank you!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/26/2022 8:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Cassie,

What you say has happened to me, especially when dinner food is rather with fat or proteins, in those cases the body assimilates the glucose much more slowly, and end up being up at hours.

It has ever happened to me that eating in a barbecue and being even the stops of having eaten butifarra and meat, the glucose collapsed ... instead, at the persistent time.

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2022 9:20 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

They were 3r simple and plainly spaghettis .... which had dinner at other times: integral, nevera and seasoned with spices.I had never done it to me.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/26/2022 1:29 p.m.

Namely ... with the pasta you can vary according to the cooking point, if I was more or less to the dente ... but for what you explain, it also seems strange to me ... apart from the spaghettis, did you eat something else?

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2022 2:52 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Cassie, it may be that you need slower, look to see if it is repeated and how you wake up.
This is so, a lot of patience and correct what you see.Many times there is no explanation or the lack of control cannot be avoided.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/26/2022 5:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is curious how a blood glucose that for some is a catastrophe to avoid with repeated corrective doses, for others it is life insurance to know that we will wake up the next morning ...

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
07/26/2022 5:51 p.m.

regina said:
@casssie, it may be that you need slower, look to see if it is repeated and how you wake up.
This is so, a lot of patience and correct what you see.Many times there is no explanation or the lack of control cannot be avoided.

Today I have put one more basal unit, let's see how ... and I have written to my educator to see what he guides me because I have also noticed that during the day I stay above 130 most of the time,When a few weeks ago I had great ... this is what has to be novice .... I also don't dare to upload the units to my free will, because I do not know many things.I am still in the acceptance phase, when these things happen to me, it floods me a lotFor this and you will understand me.Thank you very much for your support.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/26/2022 6:06 p.m.

fer said:
namely ... with the pasta you can vary according to the cooking point, if I was more or less to the dente ... but for what you explain, it also seems strange to me... Apart from the spaghettis, did you eat something else?

Well, I was at the dente and I just had that .... I try to eat few cho so that I did not go up too ... the other day I saw on Instagram a boy I follow, that an orange juice was going to have breakfast,A croissant and a piece of pizza .... and I say: how can that be pulled with the peak that has to do?If I as shit and company and lately it happens to me ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/26/2022 6:10 p.m.

@Cassie: Don't try to be too strict with yourself.For the forum I have read that "in diabetes 2+2 there are not always four."And it's true!One day you will be "perfect" and the next day doing or eating the same you will have a peak.And ... Well, to take it as well as possible.But without overwhelms.Cheer up!

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/26/2022 6:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Cassie is quite normal that this happens to you.It happens to everyone and it is not known why.Sometimes, as @Fer says, it is the effect of fats, but others there is no explanation and the endocrine does not help you because he does not know, they only tell you that you put insulin to correct.

Tonight the same thing happened to you, 4:40 whips the sensor (in my case protein effect + fat) 195 mg/dl, I corrected with 3 units and I have been the same, the curve is flat at 195 mg/DL at 8:00 in the morning.Have I put water or serum?The novorapid road is new, so .... in short .... File X. More insulin before breakfast and wait.

An endocrine told me shortly to debut that my greatest enemy was not diabetes, but my profession that is normally based on control, cause+ effect, which are exact sciences.He explained that in Medicine 2+2 they are not 4 and that in particular in medicine there is no perfection, they correct the effect and expect.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/27/2022 8:30 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If I serve you of a conduelo, to my day before yesterday without any possible explanation, it remained at 170 for hours .... It would be the airport, elcalor, a and rod of bread that I do not usually see.Patience that happens to Tofos.And do not discourage you and on everyone in pred.That can have more consequences than being an insulno dependent

Arse's profile photo
Arse
07/31/2022 11:01 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Hi @Cassie, it happens to me when like many fats and it was something that I did not understand, that even many hours later I hit me.

I leave you this article that has helped me understand how this works

Link They know

And do not overwhelm because I have been with diabetes for 10 years and now I begin to understand these things.

arispg's profile photo
arispg
07/31/2022 10:28 p.m.

I do not know if it is correct to put it here, but I have realized that sometimes I get up at 5 am after having punctured me (slow - Novomix 30) I am in 140, I lie down again and at 8 I am in 230 ......?

match53's profile photo
match53
08/01/2022 9:55 a.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

@Match53, if you are well after dinner and wake up high several days in a row, you will need to upload the slow.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/01/2022 6 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.