{'en': 'Glycosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C) and glucose sensor use', 'es': 'Hemoglobina glicosilada (HbA1c) y uso de sensor de glucosa'} Image

Glycosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C) and glucose sensor use

Rogerix's profile photo   07/31/2022 2:42 p.m.

Hello,

I use the sensor since December, I started with a hemoglobin of 7.2 and fall to 6.6 always with a sensor.

Soon he went up to 6.7 and I have kept at that value for months until 2 weeks ago that he went up to 6.8, having an average of 150 in 90 days today marks me 6.9.

In the June analyzes, 6.5 came out, I don't know very well as the sensor hemoglobin does.

Anyone who knows?

Thank you!

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/31/2022 2:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

rogerix said:
Hello, I use the sensor since December, I started with a hemoglobin of 7.2 and it goes down to 6.6 always with a sensor shortly to 6.7 and I have kept in that value months until2 weeks that uploaded me to 6.8, having an average of 150 in 90 days today marks me 6.9, in the June analysis it came out 6.5, I don't know very well how the sensor hemoglobin does the sensor

Hello!
I tell you the conclusion I have reached.
The sensor makes the 90 -day average.In analytics it is demonstrated that it is not exactly the average, since the values ​​closest to the analytics (the last month) have greater weighting in the result than the farthest.
Therefore, if you have been more or less equal to the three months should coincide.If you have been improving the sensor, it will give you a little higher than the analytics.
That if the sensors would measure perfect.But there will also be differences due to the bad measurements of sensors that are not perfect (most).Therefore it is difficult to know exactly the differences.In your case it is clear that the sensors that have touched you measured a little above.The opposite usually happens to me.The analytics always makes me higher than the sensor.In fact I made one last Monday and tomorrow they give me the results.Let's see what they tell me.The sensor tells me 5.1, but we'll see ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/31/2022 3:46 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Bufff Yo 5.1 or of the Coña, those values ​​in DM1 are complicated, but I believe that sensor measures above, this month I have been between 140-170 or so and some climb but 220 has not passed, I don't have but has given me aMal Ostia, Bufff.The average 90 days is 150

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/31/2022 4:27 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
rogerix said:
hello, I use the sensor since December, I started with a hemoglobin of 7.2 and the low to 6.6 always with a sensor soonHe went up to 6.7 and I have kept at that value for months until 2 weeks ago that he went up to 6.8, having an average of 150 in 90 days today marks me 6.9, in the June analysis I got 6.5, I don't know very well how theHemoglobin balance The sensor

Hello!
The sensor makes the 90 -day average.In analytics it is demonstrated that it is not exactly the average, since the values ​​closest to the analytics (the last month) have greater weighting in the result than the farthest.
Therefore, if you have been more or less equal to the three months should coincide.If you have been improving the sensor, it will give you a little higher than the analytics.
That if the sensors would measure perfect.But there will also be differences due to the bad measurements of sensors that are not perfect (most).Therefore it is difficult to know exactly the differences.In your case it is clear that the sensors that have touched you measured a little above.The opposite usually happens to me.The analytics always makes me higher than the sensor.In fact I made one last Monday and tomorrow they give me the results.Let's see what they tell me.The sensor tells me 5.1, but we'll see ...

That the hemo is not the average of 90 days where you can search, I am very interested

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
07/31/2022 8:46 p.m.

Diabox glycosylated glycosilada, FreeLink gives me over the analytics.
@ROGERIX To lower the Glyc the only option is to corrected as soon as you see that it rises from 140mg/dl, and not let 200mg/dl arrive.A 5.9 glyc is a 125mg/dl measure

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/31/2022 9:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

That average is difficult and that I do not have a complicated diabetes, I have an average of 150 mg/dl that is good for the sensor is 6.9 of Glico although a month and a half ago in the analyzes I came out 6.6 or 6.5 I do not remember itnose .... very frustrating everything and total discouragement

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/31/2022 11:15 p.m.

diabetic said:
Isabelbota said:
rogerix said:
rogerix said:
hello, use the sensor since December, start with aHemoglobin of 7.2 and I dropped to 6.6 always with a sensor shortJune 6.5 came out, I don't know very well how the sensor is hemoglobin.
Hello!

That the hemo is not the average of 90 days where you can search, I am very interested

Hello
It is an approximate average, but not exact.
I have seen it in several places.For example here they comment

Link

Think that there will always be more hematies with glucose current than ancient.

isabelbota
08/01/2022 8:09 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
diabetic said:
isabelbota said:
isabelbota said:
rogerix said:
rogerix said:
rogerix said:
rogerix said:
Hello, I use the sensor since December, I started with a hemoglobin of 7.2 and it goes down to 6.6 always with a sensor soon to 6.7 and I have kept at that value for months until 2 weeks ago that I went up to 6.8, having an averageFrom 150 in 90 days today it marks me 6.9, in the June analysis I got 6.5, I do not know very well how the sensor of hemoglobin does the sensor

Hello!

Hello

Link

Think that there will always be more hematies with glucose current than ancient.

I checked it in my case.
I had a 16 -in -debut glyc.2 months later they made me another glyc and di 7. To give 7 if the result was the exact average having a month of 16 I would have to have 2.5 of Glico in the last two months, which is impossible:
16+2.5+2.5 = 21
21/3 = 7

It is clear that the last two months in which he controlled than the first before the debut.It is not an exact average.

isabelbota
08/01/2022 8:18 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
isabelbota said:
diabetic said:
diabetic said:
rogerix said:
rogerix said:
rogerix said:
rogerix said:
Hello, I use the sensor since December, I started with a hemoglobin of 7.2 and it goes down to 6.6 always with a sensor shortly to 6.7 and I have kept in that value monthsUntil 2 weeks ago I got to 6.8, having an average of 150 in 90 days today marks me 6.9, in the June analysis I got 6.5, I don't know very well how the hemoglobin balance does the sensor

Hello!

Hello

Link

I checked it in my case.
I had a 16 -in -debut glyc.2 months later they made me another glyc and di 7. To give 7 if the result was the exact average having a month of 16 I would have to have 2.5 of Glico in the last two months, which is impossible:
16+2.5+2.5 = 21
21/3 = 7

It is clear that the last two months in which he controlled than the first before the debut.It is not an exact average.

Isabelbota said:
isabelbota said:
diabetic said:
diabetic said:
rogerix said:
rogerix said:
rogerix said:
rogerix said:
Hello, I use the sensor since December, I started with a hemoglobin of 7.2 and it goes down to 6.6 always with a sensor shortly up to 6.7 and I have kept in that value monthsUntil 2 weeks ago I got to 6.8, having an average of 150 in 90 days today marks me 6.9, in the June analysis I got 6.5, I do not know very well how the hemoglobin balance does the sensor

Hello!

That the hemoIt is not the average of 90 days where you can search, I am very interested

Hello

Link

I checked it in my case.
16+2.5+2.5 = 21
21/3 = 7

OK thanks!!

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/01/2022 8:47 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
rogerix said:
hello, I use the sensor since December, I started with a hemoglobin of 7.2 and the low to 6.6 always with a sensor soonHe went up to 6.7 and I have kept at that value for months until 2 weeks ago that he went up to 6.8, having an average of 150 in 90 days today marks me 6.9, in the June analysis I got 6.5, I don't know very well how theHemoglobin balance The sensor

Hello!

Well look, 5.6 of Glico, higher than the sensor.That is for all the false hypos that the sensor gives me, which influence its average.

isabelbota
08/01/2022 10:17 a.m.

Well yesterday I did the analysis that touches me visit my endocrine and hemoglobin is 6.2 and the sensor marks 6.8 Now, the sensor makes the stockings with the average glucose if you have between 140-160 will always mark you between 6.5 and 6.9I have proven, I have gotten a good joy because it is essential to keep the glucose at bay and it is costing me a lot of effort to do it

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
08/09/2022 11:47 p.m.

Congratulations @ROGERIX, your effort has a reward.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/10/2022 1:07 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks Ruthbia !!!

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
08/11/2022 9:26 a.m.

The sensor does not measure glycosilada, measures glycemia.What gives is an estimate of how it will be based on a correlation with the measures of the last 90 days, if you have enough.The details of all this do not know them, but I suppose that at this point they will be published.

The values ​​will look, logically, because they are very related variables.What they indicate in other answers is true: the glycosylated value of an analysis is not exactly a temporary average of 3 months and also the sensor has an error (like any other), and what it measures is interstitial blood glucose in the skin,Not in blood.But all that can be taking into account the correlation, of course.

I think that what happens lately is that the sensors have more systematic error than before (that is, they mark more or less) and therefore the correlation they have more error.I would say that a normal mistake you can expect is ± 0.5 %, that is, if you get 6, you are between 5.5.and 6.5.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
08/14/2022 11:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.