{'en': 'Honeymoon question', 'es': 'Pregunta luna de miel'} Image

Honeymoon question

Otabol's profile photo   07/19/2022 7:05 a.m.

Very good,

Can you explain to me those who have passed through the honeymoon, how is the process ???

I don't understand very well, glucose is going well and suddenly one day you wake up in 200?

Or is every month going up a little?

Is insulin taken during the honeymoon?

How long can it last?

It is out of curiosity more than anything, if you can tell me your cases I get an idea, to better understand this disease.

Thank you!

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
07/19/2022 7:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello good,

It is a degradative process where the pancreas increasingly secretly insulin, so the person will need to gradually increase the necessary insulin.

I don't understand very well, glucose is going well and suddenly one day you wake up in 200?Or every month is up a little?

-Inter the two options, the most correct is that every month it goes up a bit

Is insulin taken during the honeymoon?

-Yes, but the amounts are much lower.

How long can it last?

-Depent but 1 year ... 3 years ... I don't know anyone who has stretched it for example for more than 4 years

marine's profile photo
marine
07/19/2022 9:29 a.m.

OK, thanks a lot.
I understand that anything or a bit of insulin is being used at the beginning, and "every month" you get the dose a bit.
It is not suddenly, yes yesterday and today in the clouds, it goes to little

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
07/19/2022 12:03 p.m.

I spent almost 2 years on honeymoon.
The first year only basal, and the second 1uds of insulin in meals.Then it starts to be high and you put more insulin in meals and Nadal, little by little.
7 years later I use little insulin according to my endo, 3 or 4 units and I still have a detectable C.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/19/2022 8:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I debuted in September 2021 and I think I can already end the honeymoon.I have to put insulin in all meals, although they only have a ration of HC because, if not, I stay up.
The good part is that I can exercise without falling in hiccups, this winter an hour of yoga lowered me 50 points so I had to take a piece of fruit before or after class.
Now I am on vacation and I go to class daily in the morning (at 9) on an empty stomach and, when the session ends, I have the same or 10 points higher glucose.
I observed that the trend in the day was slightly ascending and that it did not go down after eating at noon without insulin so I had to increase the basal and apply quickly in each intake.It has been a quiet evolution without uncontrolled peaks.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/19/2022 11:56 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
I debuted in September 2021 and I think I can already end the honeymoon.I have to put insulin in all meals, although they only have a ration of HC because, if not, I stay up.
The good part is that I can exercise without falling in hiccups, this winter an hour of yoga lowered me 50 points so I had to take a piece of fruit before or after class.
Now I am on vacation and I go to class daily in the morning (at 9) on an empty stomach and, when the session ends, I have the same or 10 points higher glucose.
I observed that the trend in the day was slightly ascending and that it did not go down after eating at noon without insulin so I had to increase the basal and apply quickly in each intake.It has been a quiet evolution without uncontrolled peaks.
So you noticed it after eating, that it took you longer to go down?
In the morning it doesn't notice so much after the night fast?

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
07/20/2022 6:14 a.m.

That is.I have noticed it above all after eating;Go up more and don't go down.Instead of peak I do "plateau"

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/20/2022 8:12 a.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

During the honeymoon I spent 1 year eating in the middle of the morning and biting because if I had no decline, after that year the snacks and extras gave me hypers and stop eating between hours, it is the time when the pancreas degrades and losesThe beta cells of insulin producers and consequently stops secreting insulin, the honey moon period that takes your antibodies to destroy the beta cells completely, in my case it was autoimmune, then there are the hereditary cases and type 2 thatThey have nothing to do with type 1

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/22/2022 12:05 a.m.

To me the honeymoon lasted 5 years, the endocrine hallucinated with me, put in the morning the insulin NPH very little units if I remember correctly I got to put myself up to 8 units, until the body said Pou, and since then complete guidelineof insulin, of this already 32 years ago

barry's profile photo
barry
07/24/2022 11:33 a.m.

It was curiosity, I see that each person is a world, but almost all on the honeymoon put on a little slow insulin.
From what I have read there, that little insulin helps lengthen the honeymoon.
During the honeymoon, with little insulin that glucose values ​​did you have on an empty stomach, and during the day?

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
07/24/2022 10:55 p.m.

otabol said:
was curiosity, I see that each person is a world, but almost all on the honeymoon put on a little slow insulin.
During the honeymoon, with little insulin that glucose values ​​did you have on an empty stomach, and during the day?

Debute in January, I am on a honeymoon and now I am putting 6u de Lantus
A fasting values ​​are between 90/110 and during the day I usually be 80/90 if I do not make food

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
07/25/2022 8:51 a.m.

DM1 desde enero 2022, 29 años
Novorapid y Lantus
A1c: 6% (Abr 2022)
Freestyle 2

pimbri said:
otabol said:
was curiosity, I see that each person is a world, but almost all on the honeymoonSlow insulin.

Debute in January, I am on a honeymoon and now I am putting 6u de Lantus
The fasting values ​​are between 90/110 and during the day I usually be in 80/90 if I do not make excesses with the food

They are very good values, I suppose that what the honeymoon lasts takes time to learn

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
07/25/2022 11:54 a.m.

90-120 almost always, then I didn't use a sensor, I don't know hours if there were peaks.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/25/2022 7:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, a disaster, hypoglycemia every two by three, when the pancreas was about to work.
And practice sports, hell.An hour of walk meant to go down 50 points, I had to leave home with a buffet in tow to counteract.I wondered, what will sport do if I have to be eating more than I burn?
I put 8 units of slow and then fast at breakfast and something at dinner.Never in food, because if not, hiccups.It is seen that my pancreas had its schedules ...
But there were days that everything went up and had to correct.It seemed like chaos, I was not able to interpret patterns.
Now it is a bit more predictable, although I still make mistakes, I know that if I have happened quickly, I can go back with little;A candy, a small fruit and return to normal.Before I have spent true trouble to overcome the hypos.
That is my experience, you know, each patient is a world ...

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/25/2022 8:10 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Hello, I debuted in February 2021 and I still have a honeymoon, I still do not use insulin or pills, my fasting values ​​are 110-135, if I exercise it much, I notice it, it lowers me.During the day, before eating I have it lower, 85-105.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
07/28/2022 7:17 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
hello, I debuted in February 2021 and I continue on honeymoon, I still do not use insulin or pills, my fasting values ​​are 110-135, if I exercise itMuch, it lowers me.During the day, before eating I have it lower, 85-105.

Buahhh are very good values ​​not to take anything !!!!
How did you debut?
What do you do Low Carb?, Keto? ...
What kind of exercise do you do?

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
07/28/2022 10:42 p.m.

otabol said:
smartinez said:
hello, I debuted in February 2021 and I continue in honeymoon, I still don't use insulin or pills, my valuesThey are 110-135 on an empty stomach, if I exercise it much, I lower it.During the day, before eating I have it lower, 85-105.

Buahhh are very good values ​​not to take anything !!!!
How did you debut?
What do you do Low Carb?, Keto? ...
What kind of exercise do you do?

Well, I debuted about three months after passing the Covid (the infection made what it had inside).Landy about four kilos, I had a thirst, it was not over, I was tired ....., I knew that something was not going well but since I had the recognition of the company in February I waited, and there it came out 279 of glucose, my analysis and analyzed and12 or 13 of Glico.They told me that it would be insulin -dependent and sent me to the endocrine.While they sent me pills.In a week the levels lowered me, the pills took effect.Endo doubted a lot about my diagnosis, in fact until August it did not confirm that it was Lada.
I make lowcarb diet, I have eliminated foods, pasta, potatoes and processed from my diet.
I exercise now I do not do everything I can because of circumstances, but I notice much when I exercise strength.With just 15 minutes that I get tábata I already noticed it.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
07/29/2022 11:51 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

@Otabol If you take care of yourself with low diet in hydrates and exercise the honeymoon can last up to almost 5 years if parts of a good pancreatic reserve.That was what they told me.

You have to try that at least once a year they measure you the reserve through the C. peptide to me it is still positive 7 years later, 0.40, 0.35 ... very low values, but there it is.When my reservation debuts in Lada, it was 1.19 and it lasted me 2 years despite the antibodies that brush the pancreas.
From the debut, the Lada need basal insulin, the rapid depends on the food and reserve that one has.

As I said, little by little you notice that you are high after meals and that you also get up with higher values, at that time the endocrine will tell you that you climb the doses and that you put something quick to eat.This was my case, in the four -monthly review the endocrine told me to put 1 ud to eat because 145 it seemed high after eating and that the basal was uploaded.This was at the end of the second year of debuting in diabetes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/29/2022 12:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In children the honeymoon is more pronounced.Mihijo always punctured insulin PQ according to the nurse and the endocrine thus the pancreatic reserve is taken care of and last more even if it was click.
Total Q from the debut in 2017 until now we have not seen a transition from the honeymoon to normal state.Everything has been Paulatino.As I did not carry the free or idea of ​​the peaks.But it has not been a drama from one state to the other everything has come slowly.

evacf's profile photo
evacf
07/30/2022 8:53 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.