{'en': "Mariana, the 'influencer' that explains how to live with diabetes", 'es': "Mariana, la 'influencer' que explica como es vivir con diabetes"} Image

Mariana, the 'influencer' that explains how to live with diabetes

fer's profile photo   08/05/2022 12:41 p.m.

The Iliturgitana Mariana Martínez Aguayo has become a national reference in the visibility of diabetes and consciousness to people of the complications that can cause a bad control of it.It has joined its initiative with Abbot, the health company that conducts innovative research and manufactures products for human health.

Mariana has supported social networks to seek solutions to stop the effects of this pathology and has sought the complicity of the Spanish Diabetes Federation, to know this disease."Because when they diagnose you, they do not give you the devices and instruments they need to control this disease such as glucometers because then the complications of heart, liver and kidney arrive," he explains.

Mariana explains how her diabetes is day to day and gives advice to stop it, "what foods have to be ingested and how to do it and where I ask to provide us with the tools, because not everyone has possibilities to acquire them," he says.It is present in all social networks with the podcast that elaborates every week with health professionals and with stories of diabetic patients.Martínez-Aguayo launched to speak type two diabetes, "because it is a silent disease that many people do not know that I want to give it visibility," he recalled.

On several platforms

Martínez is participating in many congresses and writes in the magazine of the Spanish Federation.It has its own podcast that is broadcast on several platforms, "where I interview endocrine, podiatrists and street people who manage their diabetes that tell their stories."He also invites entrepreneurs who have in their environment that they suffer from diabetes and that manufacture products to meet the needs of diabetic people, "getting more and more."Enjoy many followers.

His challenge is that in Andújar an association of diabetes was recovered that once had a lot, consider

The conference would be thought for schools and for the elderly "because there are many factors who intervene diabetes that are present 365 days a year."He adds that these high temperatures affect diabetic people."We have more declines."

Mariana came into contact with the project 'Connecting Type 2' and embarked on the product of her love for social networks, "I have gone to Roquetas del Mar, Barcelona and National Congresses which has allowed me to get in touch with several associations," he says.This Andujareña wants to help diabetic people, "because at first I was very lost and through the dissemination I was orienting."

City hall

In Andújar he has already managed to raise awareness among many people and has noticed more complicity with people suffering from diabetes.This summer is working on projects that wants to put into practice, "I hope that the City Council will help me because it is a very important help," Mariana Martínez is added.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/05/2022 12:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.