Low glucose, under the effect of insulin

Cassie's profile photo   08/11/2022 10:53 a.m.

Hello good!I am going to tell you what takes me by spending 2 nights in a row and for the first time ..... Let's see what you would do because I don't know well how to act ...
Before yesterday night I had a chickpea salad (chickpeas, lettuce, peppers, onion, tuna), I punctured the corresponding doses of Novorapid, at the time I started whistling the low glucose alarm.I looked at the application and obviously I still had a lot of insulin dose circulating through the body.I took a glucose pill, a horchata swallow and in the second 15 min.That I controlled myself to climb ... I have to say that I got very nervous because I did not know if I would continue to go down or stagnate ... (I packed it up that I counted the carbohydrates badly, because I weigh the entire dish as if they were onlychickpeas)
The fact is that last night exactly the same thing happened to me, at the time of dinner the alarm sounded again, and this time I had weigh everything well, it was ravioli type paste, stuffed with cheese and some bread piquitos (I have already had itmany times without problem).At night the pasta does not make me peaks, instead at noon yes.
This time I was threw 1 hour to overcome, every 10 minutes I went down about 10 points, I was in 53, with the sweats and heats that you sure know, I no longer tell you that "shit" is little, I looked at the application and IThey subtracted 1´6ud.of insulin around the body .... in total I took 1pastilla+0.5 glucose and a horchata drink ... but I stuck a lot because I did not know whether to leave it there or continue eating .... Twice I marked a trendstable, but I kept going down ...
Little by little in 2 hours I put on 191 (with which I had to rectify) and I went to sleep exhausted .....
When I started dinner, I was not especially low: 115 and 123, I don't know what is happening ...
What do you advise me?Press my fists and not take anything by trusting that my stomach does the digestion and upload the glucose or lower 0.1 or 0.2 the insulin ratio at night?In fact tonight, carbohydrate dinner, spend another night like these last two, I don't want anyone ...
I don't know if my pancreas is working with me insulin or what ... has something happened to you time?

Thanks in advance for your advice ....

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/11/2022 10:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it's quite normal.
You did the bolus well but with slow absorption hydrates it is better to put half of the bolus at the beginning of dinner and the other after dinner or a little later.

Review if other times you were ovulating or menstruating, the parameters change with hormones.It is disgusting to be diabetic and woman, a little more difficult than if you are a man.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/11/2022 3:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia no, I wasn't menstruating, or ovulating ... nothing to see hormonal.Pasta is not slow absorption hydrate ... vice versa.I don't know what could happen ... It hasn't happened to me so far, but two nights often, it's so distressing! 😓

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/11/2022 4:18 p.m.

Eye with the measures of the FreeSyle, it warns me of low glucose sometimes (I have it configured 75) and doing control with the verio and in blood can still be in 90 or 100. But that is good because so you do not reach the"Low glucose events".

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
08/11/2022 4:23 p.m.

@cacharo, yes ... when it is low I check it in blood, in fact, it was 3 points below the free ... and those heats were unmistakable ....

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/11/2022 4:37 p.m.

I do not know why a book is not made with all these issues, it would help a lot .... The educators do not explain that these things can happen and how to act in case ..... it would help a lot ... IHe knows how to be asking but it happens to me some things ..... and inexperience does so much!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/11/2022 4:48 p.m.

This is the place to ask these things, Cassie.Educators do not spin so fine as to advise you in situations that depart from the patterns.
Do not overwhelm, diabetes is like that;There are days that incomprehensible things happen.I would stop using that app or table that tells you what to click and start exploring.
For example: legumes are so slow that it is better to put on half of what they advise you in theory.I have suffered two hypoglycemia after eating Asturian fabada (you have to bother ...).For me they behave more as a protein than like a hydrate.
If you mix the pasta with cheese, it delays its absorption (this is my educator's explanation) but I do not tend to say more because I have practically eliminated it from my diet.
It is very easy to overcome when you fall in hiccups and go up to the clouds.You have to have a cold head and take 1.5 of hydrates, wait 15 minutes and if you still repeat, until you reach 70 glycemia.
The feeling of Hiccase is due to adrenaline and it continues to act until a good time after having reached the level of Normoglycemia (explanation of my educator and own experience after several shots in the correction of hypos).
I understand you perfectly, it is very frustrating to see that the curve gets out of control and becomes a roller coaster, but it is what there is, little by little we are learning.
Another issue to value is the weather;It is assumed that when insulin needs are very hot.
And one last note: I would not have dinner with legumes or pasta, because then you go to sleep and you will not burn them but you are going to store them.My dinner is usually cooked vegetable (not raw in salad) and some protein.That is already a personal issue, if I get out of that pattern I go through the clouds.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/11/2022 5:33 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Cassie: When as a chickpea salad I put half a unit less quickly to avoid declines.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/11/2022 7:08 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@ENSALADA Thanks for your tips ... I use that application to calculate the bowling because my educator told me, I introduced my insulin sensitivity, at what time, and the truth is very successful ... by general rule.I have no idea for "x hydrates", I puncture "so much" .... I'm still very fish.How pasta (sometimes) at night because I love it !! .... but only 2-3r, I don't fl in.It is the only moment of the day I can afford it because it does not rise just, instead at noon, or smell it, because it goes up a mogollón .... before the pasta also as a vegetable: salad (by general rule).But I am to eat more vegetables at noon, which is when I have the most insulin need because I get the blood glucose more easily.I have had the same other nights and as I have already mentioned, it had not happened to me.
I hope that tonight I give me a truce 🤞 And although I am going to dinner vegetables and protein I will be aware .... If it gives me a hypo and I have no insulin, because I go back more or less tranquility, but see that you have 2 or 3 leftYOU.And being going down and going down .... It is such an unpleasant feeling!My head plays bad passes and I see myself half infarced ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/11/2022 7:18 p.m.

Out of curiosity, what application is it?

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/11/2022 7:28 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

These channels are quite solvent.I have learned things with them

Link
Link

And this guide is very visual.My educator gave me a print, pocket

Link

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/11/2022 7:39 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
out of curiosity, what application is it?

Social Diabetes, the educator introduces your sensitivity factor, the ratio according to the hours of the day, before, for 15 days I had to sign up for the portions I ate at breakfast, snack and dinner, how much was before, how much 2 hours after eatingAnd what punched me according to the table they had given me ...
Apart from the insulin ratios, it advises me the corrections according to the glycemia I have, contemplates the insulin that you have injected previously;The truth makes everything easier for me, since I use my values ​​they are more 'normal'.And with it you can also take control if you want, but as the free use, only use it at the time of bowling.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/11/2022 8:05 p.m.

salad said:
These channels are quite solvent.I have learned things with them

Link
Link

And this guide is very visual.My educator gave me a print, pocket

Link

I will look at them, thank you very much!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/11/2022 8:06 p.m.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/11/2022 8:09 p.m.

@Cassie Fat delays absorption and while insulin acts.
At night it is better not to eat pasta, rice, legumes, bread ... it costs a lot to control and if protein or fat adds, it shoots at 5 hours.

You can do your ratios, you don't need the educator to do so.It is easy, if you eat 2r and you get 2uds and you look good for glycemia, your ratio is 1: 1.You have to calculate it for the three meals.Normal is that breakfast have 1: 1.5, meals 1: 1 and dinners 1: 0.5

Files x you will have many, sometimes there is no explanation neither doctors nor educators know why.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/11/2022 9:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Cassie, don't get nervous about a hiccup, it's going to happen to you many times.Take sugary drinks or juices, calculate from experience, and that's it.
I think so much sensor and so much information makes us a little crazy ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/12/2022 4:23 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Ruthbia I have 0.9 in lunch - 1.5 in food -0.8 at dinner (I am going to download it today to 0.6), yesterday I had a vegetable lasaña yesterday, it was a majo dish (1r) and 14gr Pin Picos (1r): 2ud.And it started to go down at 2h.(1 hour later), I put on the sensor at 80 and took half a pill of glucose, endured my nerves and looked at the 20min ..... I was already stabilized.
I think I need less ratio, I see that it is to "play" the same.The other two nights I got very nervous because it was when I had punctured, with a lot of insulin in my body and I didn't stop going down.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/12/2022 9:14 a.m.

@Regina, you are right, but it had not happened to me while under the effect of insulin and I didn't know whether to wait, eat more, I didn't want a hyper later, to pass me.What I appreciate with the sensor is that I let me know with the descents, because I do not notice them, I begin to notice 50 and peak and the sensation is so unpleasant!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/12/2022 9:18 a.m.

@Cassie because it is about, it is learning to meet, and the same changes the doses, you do not need educator.
The chronic patient is the best known.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/14/2022 8:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.