Problems with the FreeLink app on my iPhone

Paco_Marmol's profile photo   07/28/2022 10:03 a.m.

I am a user of the Abbot Freestyle system and I have never had any problems with the sensors;On the contrary, since I use this system my diabetes control has improved a lot.

However, a few days ago I had a problem with the FreeLink app on my mobile (an iPhone with iOS 15.5), which had always worked normally.Suddenly, I noticed that it was a long time since I was approaching the mobile camera to the sensor and he gave me the reading of glycemia.The next day, this situation resulted in the app did not react at all when approaching the sensor, it did absolutely nothing.I thought it was an error of the sensor, which perhaps because of the heat could have been spoiled, and I changed it to a new one, thinking that in this way the problem would be solved.But I put on the new sensor and I couldn't even start it with my mobile because, as before, I did not react when the device approached the sensor.I checked that the mobile worked normally, that the camera also did it without any problem, but the app did nothing when the mobile closer to the sensor.In the end, I chose to ask my wife to lower the application to her mobile (an Android device) and I could start the sensor without any problem.

The point is that I need my wife's mobile now to make my readings (while I am on vacation, I don't care, but if this happens in work, it would not be possible to take my wife's mobile) and I understand that untilDo not exhaust this sensor that I have and place myself a new one I will not be able to check if the app works again or not.And before this some doubts have arisen:

If I uninstall the app of my mobile and install it again, do you miss the data of all the previous readings and the SAS (Andalusian Health System) also lose them or are stored in my account, regardless of the device I use to make thereadings?

And if when I install a new sensor, the app is still not answered, do I have to buy a new mobile, when the one I have works perfectly in the rest of the functions? What do I do then?

If during the time I have a sensor I had to change mobile (let's lose mine or spoil and stop working definitively), can I read the sensor I have placed with another mobile in which the app was installed?

What do you think of what could I do to monitor my glycemia normally from my mobile?

Thanks in advance and greetings.

Paco_Marmol's profile photo
Paco_Marmol
07/28/2022 10:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not understand iPhone.If I know, because I changed the mobile and in the new app of zero, that the previous readings do stay on the website that the doctor looks even if they are not on the mobile.
Otherwise I hope someone can help you more.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/28/2022 10:16 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Puff the iPhone give many problems .... I'm sorry.
Uninstall the app and try to see if the sensor recognizes you.The data on the mobile do not recover them, but in Libreview you can see them.In Libreview you can download the historical data in Excel but FreeLink has no data load option;Just charge you what the sensor registered in the last 8 hours has.

ABBOTT no longer sells readers/glymeter for free, you can try to give you one in the health center, they still have some (incidentally ask for optium glucose strips and you save a device) I use reader and mobile, in case, in case, in case, in case,.... The reader reads much faster than the mobile.

The other option is that you buy a second -hand Android, Baratillo, you just need NFC;I would tell you that Samsung because the Xiaomi also fail in the long run.From Samsung I have used many models and all good, S4, A8, A52, LG30 was also great.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/28/2022 11:18 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hla I also use iPhone and if I notice that the mobile is slow restart and then I do well and do not try to erase the app and download it again and I think that once you active the sensor with a mobile you must always use the same mobile phone at least it is at leastMy experience !!And iPhone always was great, I hope the solutions

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
07/28/2022 12:40 p.m.

I have spent 14 horrible days with the application of the mobile, Android, Xiaomi.Today I touched change and I have activated it with the reader, much faster, more precise in everything, with the mobile the proximity alarm always whistling and the other afternoon badly and never.Get a reader, for me it is the best.

tollo's profile photo
tollo
07/28/2022 3:57 p.m.

DM1 Debut: Mayo 2022
FreeStyle Libre 2
Novorapid: 3ud desayuno + 3ud comida + 3ud cena.
Toujeo: 20 ud noche.
HbA1: Mayo22 11.6% Julio22 7.5% Sept22 6.5% Agost23 6.2%

I have an iPhone 8 and the same thing happened to me.I have tried to uninstall it and nothing changes.With the original reader works perfect, so it is a mobile problem.

In my case it is the NFC that has been damaged, because I tried to pay with contactless using the mobile and now leaves me either.

I recommend that you try that to verify that it is the NFC.If so, you can look prices to replace the NFC module.If you see that it is not profitable, better buy another mobile NFC or use the reader until you decide the best.

I hope I have helped you!

Jgo's profile photo
Jgo
07/28/2022 11:40 p.m.

jgo said:
I have an iPhone 8 and the same thing happened to me.I have tried to uninstall it and nothing changes.With the original reader works perfect, so it is a mobile problem.

In my case it is the NFC that has been damaged, because I tried to pay with contactless using the mobile and now leaves me either.

I recommend that you try that to verify that it is the NFC.If so, you can look prices to replace the NFC module.If you see that it is not profitable, better buy another mobile NFC or use the reader until you decide the best.

I hope I have helped you!

Hello good morning.

Yes, yes, you have given me a great clue about what may be happening.I have suddenly tried to see if the mobile read a QR code and has done it normally, although I do not know if that is also the NFC thing or not.

Thanks anyway.

Paco_Marmol's profile photo
Paco_Marmol
07/29/2022 11:13 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.