Basal and rapid insulin ratio

Jgo's profile photo   08/05/2022 9:22 p.m.

Good to all.I had the doubt of what happens when you have well -adjusted basal insulin, that is, that you are always in rank, but the rapid insulin is insufficient and after the food it is high.

If, for example, it stays at 200 and there is no active rapid insulin anymore, the basal would make it decrease, or would it stay permanently in 200 to correct?

I hope you explained well 😣

Jgo's profile photo
Jgo
08/05/2022 9:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I understand that the basal is without eating.If when you go up you must control it quickly.But well, those who know more about the subject think.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/06/2022 12:30 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Jgo, there are more stable insulins such as toujeo or threeiba, which keep you better, others such as Lantus can go down more, it also depends on the dose and slow adjustment, although they all tend to go down with the exercise.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/06/2022 1:19 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The basal is the one that regulates glucose values ​​before meals and during the break of the body (when you sleep).
If you are fine, don't touch it.The person responsible for staying high after meals is fast, if you stay, you have to correct yourself with the corresponding units.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/06/2022 10:09 a.m.

The basal is usually calculated based on x hours without eating and without the effect of the rapid, so it is usually adjusted when we get up.If you stay something high between meals and your basal is 130, you can upload 2 units the basal, you will get up more or less and between hours you will be lower.But a 200 after the food is the fat-protein effect and lack of fast.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/06/2022 6:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

jgo said:
good to all.I had the doubt of what happens when you have well -adjusted basal insulin, that is, that you are always in rank, but the rapid insulin is insufficient and after the food it is high.

If, for example, it stays at 200 and there is no active rapid insulin anymore, the basal would make it decrease, or would it stay permanently in 200 to correct?

I hope you explained well 😣

Good, in your question it depends very much on the basal you use, it is not the same to adjust a lantus as a three.

The theoretical thing is that in the moments when you do not eat .... keep you completely at bay and cover the peaks of the meals with fast, if you eat and then you fall short you should put another corrector bolus.

Now, in my case with Tresiba I put it something past, that is to say I get up in 110 and but as nothing until lunch I arrive in 80 to get an idea.This means that then when you eat, the peaks are not so high and the rapid makes more effect since there is a lot of synergy of the basal with the rapid.

In my case I use threeiba

marine's profile photo
marine
08/07/2022 9:58 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.