{'en': 'Conservation of feathers that have not yet been used', 'es': 'Conservación de las plumas que no se han utilizado aún'} Image

Conservation of feathers that have not yet been used

Carussa's profile photo   08/16/2022 1:21 p.m.

Good morning.

Recently I have been traveling and a doubt has emerged in which I had not fallen until that moment.

For the holidays, I took at all times the slow and fast feathers that I already had open and was using in a cold portfolio.

Then, in the apartment's fridge he had other spare feathers that had not yet been despised or used.

In the last part of the holidays, we went to a hotel and luckily in the habituation we had a neverita of those little ones where there is a bottle of water, a yogurt and little else.In it I was able to keep the feathers that I had not yet used.

And that was when I fell into this (I have not traveled much to hotels from my diagnosis):

Could you have maintained those feathers not used in the cold portfolio for several days, if I had not had that little fridge?

Would insulin have spoiled?

How do you do it?

Thank you,

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/16/2022 1:21 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I have been in a Rural Hotel that had no fridge in the room and asked them to keep them in a refrigerator.
For the trip itself I transported them in a portable fridge of those little ones where three soda cans fit with an ice battery.In hotels in, the night before leaving, I asked them to keep the stack in the freezer, because room refrigerators have no freezer.
The cold wallet keeps them at 25 degrees;Far from the 8 or 10 degrees of a refrigerator, which is how we have not opened.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/16/2022 2:31 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I have never happened to them in cold portfolio.If you need continuous cold we could not have open roads at room temperature in winter or in cold portfolio in summer

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/16/2022 2:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ensalada @ruthbia, perhaps that for a few days they can be in cold portfolios, but for more time the refrigerator is necessary?It is that your two options see them valid, but I have the doubt.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/16/2022 3:03 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

carussa said:
@salad @ruthbia, perhaps that for a few days they can be in cold wallets, but for more time the refrigerator is necessary?It is that your two options see them valid, but I have the doubt.

In cold portfolio I carry the feathers that are in use and refrigerated the replacements;those that I have not "released" yet.As at home I keep them in the refrigerator, I try to be in similar conditions when I go on a trip.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/17/2022 8:46 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Thank you very much for the answers @ensalada @ruthbia.I will take everything into account!

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/17/2022 8:57 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.