{'en': 'Disability', 'es': 'Discapacidad'} Image

Disability

María93's profile photo   08/17/2022 8:19 p.m.

Good afternoon.

Why years ago people with diabetes had 30% disability and now not?

I would like to know who I have to address to claim my rights, because a person who does not work a kidney or any other organ is given a disability.

Why don't we?

To have a "comfortable" life we ​​have to invest in quite expensive materials that are not funded by Social Security (I do not talk about the sensor)

If someone can help me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

María93's profile photo
María93
08/17/2022 8:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you have other diseases if they give you disabilities, I have 35% and pile that I do not update it, I already had 35% before diabetes and I do not know if the diabetes would increase the percentage, the truth is that it is aPapels mess to move the issue of disability ... In your city there is a center that takes the issue of disabilities, ask in your town hall (keep in mind that the call is being called to see you).

The polyneuropathy that I was diagnosed in 2021 is surely a disabled, the pain is disabled, I should move it ... but seeing that for an appointment with the urologist it is for within 9 months, as you want your desire!

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
08/17/2022 11:55 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Take an eye on this:
Link

Manuel J. Ruiz Berdejo López (11/18/2021) Can I get a disability certificate for having diabetes?

Disability and diabetes
From Eleviseia Diabetes Care Spain they say that a disability is a physical, mental or intellectual deficiency that prevents participating in society in full equal conditions than others.

Refers to Royal Decree 1971/1999, of December 23, of procedure for the recognition, declaration and qualification of the degree of disability.In this case, four kinds of disability percentage are discussed in the case of diabetes.

Class 1: It does not grant any percentage of disability (0%).In this class, if you are a patient with asymptomatic diabetes and follow a pharmacological and dietary treatment you will not be able to accept any percentage of disability.

Class 2: In this class are patients with asymptomatic mellitus diabetes but whose correct treatment is not able to maintain adequate metabolic control.There are also cases when there is evidence of diabetic microangiopathy defined by persistent retinopathy or albuminuria greater than 30 mg/dl.In these cases, the degree of disability ranges from 1% to 24% according to the patient.

Class 3: For the patient to be class 3, it is necessary that he had to be hospitalized for acute decompositions caused by diabetes.Becoming admitted up to three times in a year, with a duration of more than 48 hours each.Patients of this class have between 25% and 49% of disability.

Class 4: It is the most serious degree and gives the patient between 50% and 70%.In this case, the person has had to be hospitalized for acute decompensations, but more than three times in a year.

Disability degree of 33% or higher
Keep in mind that in order to reach the degree of 33% of minimum disability, it is required to be within classes 3 and 4. In both cases they are only conferred if the acute decompensations of diabetes are not caused by inappropriate therapeutic control byof the patient.

These degrees of disability will be reviewed every two years.If that time has not produced new income, the disability certificate will be withdrawn.In addition to diabetes, if the patient has other diseases, it will also be taken into account when granting the certificate.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/18/2022 8:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.