{'en': 'Is diabetes dangerous?', 'es': 'La diabetes es peligrosa?'} Image

Is diabetes dangerous?

Pablo Asturianin's profile photo   08/21/2022 10:59 a.m.

Hello good, I wanted to ask and see what you think.

Is diabetes a disease of the most dangerous?

Internally, I think, an insulin boli is as dangerous as a white weapon or a gun.

I mean, some pills are dangerous ... but isn't it more facilitated with insulin?

Maybe it's a paranoia mine, what do you think?

Thank you, greetings!

Pablo Asturianin's profile photo
Pablo Asturianin
08/21/2022 10:59 a.m.

Tengo diabetes desde el martes 9 de junio del 2020. Tipo 1.
Llevo el FREESTYLE Desde el 30 de Julio. Todo muy bien, con subidas y bajadas pero aprendiendo a controlarme más cada día. Gracias por el foro.
Share on Twitter

There are many movies where the murderer kills with insulin overdose and is not detectable by also producing the body.
I recently read a book where one died like this and could not be demonstrated.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/21/2022 3:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I do not want to get tragic but from the hypo I was clear that insulin can be a lethal weapon.There, at your disposal ...

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/21/2022 4:49 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Pablo, insulin overdose is dangerous.
That is why before putting it you have to look good, whatever happens.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/21/2022 5:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is clear that it is.You have to look very well in the doses that you manage;But come on, I don't believe in the possibility of using it against anyone, that would be to be a criminal .... if you mean that ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/21/2022 6:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Insulin is equally dangerous as a kitchen knife neither more nor less

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/21/2022 6:51 p.m.

It is the death in silence, of the worst that there is sad, desperate but that is, little by little it is mental or physical is turning off :( :( :( :(

13wikimar's profile photo
13wikimar
11/22/2022 5:09 p.m.

Link

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
11/22/2022 5:13 p.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

In my experience I would say that it is much more complicated to have to live with diabetes, but I would not say that it kills me slowly ... that is done by age, and in my opinion, it does not distinguish much among a person with diabetes or without diabetes.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/22/2022 5:14 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Diabetes if you do not take care of you will cause complications and these will be the ones that kill you or lead you to a quality of life that is far from being what we all want.

He had a relative with diabetes who a few years before he died lost his vision and suffered the amputation of the leg.The question here is that if they amputate you, it probably means that your circulation is already very poor, and it is a situation that does not announce anything good-medium term.

In Spain some doctors tell you that with glycosylated below 7 you do not run risk, others tell you 6.5, others even 6 ... are half truths, in reality the risk is progressive and the lower you can be without falling into hypoglycemia becausebetter.

I read a study that related glycosylated to cancer.In some types of cancer there was no relationship and in others such as pancreas that had increased risk as glycosilada increased.Of course, a glycosilada of 6.5 did not have the same risk as one of 8, but from 5.5 or 5.7 (I don't remember exactly) there were already small risk increases.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 5:58 p.m.

karl85 said:
diabetes if you do not take care of you will cause complications and these will be the ones that kill you or lead you to a quality of life that is far from being the one we all want.

He had a relative with diabetes who a few years before he died lost his vision and suffered the amputation of the leg.The question here is that if they amputate you, it probably means that your circulation is already very poor, and it is a situation that does not announce anything good-medium term.

In Spain some doctors tell you that with glycosylated below 7 you do not run risk, others tell you 6.5, others even 6 ... are half truths, in reality the risk is progressive and the lower you can be without falling into hypoglycemia becausebetter.

I read a study that related glycosylated to cancer.In some types of cancer there was no relationship and in others such as pancreas that had increased risk as glycosilada increased.Of course, a glycosilada of 6.5 did not have the same risk as one of 8, but from 5.5 or 5.7 (I don't remember exactly) there were already small risk increases.

I really, try not to think about that.The vast majority of type I diabetics do not even have glycos of less than 5.5%.So you're going to worry about something you can't control.
I try to always be in less than 6.0% according to the Diabox app and the semiannual control analysis and if then there comes any complication at least I have done everything I could.
It is quite p*ta this fuck*d*disease daily so that we are also thinking that tomorrow I will be blind and lame.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
02/06/2023 6:16 p.m.

Sandman I agree with what you say, I spent a bad time to be all day thinking about all the problems that could come in the future.But it is also good to have knowledge of things because it helps to motivate yourself, in the end here we all fight to keep diabetes at bay because we know that if we leave it will bring problems.

However, I have observed that many people minimize the risks and that contributes to relax.This does not seem good to me.

Anyway, in glycosylated 6, the increase in risk that the study showed was small, I don't want to give incorrect or imprecise information specifying too much.I am going to look for it out of curiosity and I share it (which is already in the Ehh forum, I have not read it whole ...)

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 6:58 p.m.

Link

That is one of the studies but I read several.

Neither did my English be much of my English and maybe I'm wrong

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 7:09 p.m.

And maybe I am wrong but I understand that in the conclusions section he says that there are 55% more risk in glycosylated 55 mmol/mol (7% -7.2% I think) that in glycosylated 35 mmol/mol (5.7% approx) For pancreas cancer.

Should we scare ourselves?Well no, but as I say it is good to know so as not to relax.Or I think so.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 7:14 p.m.

@Karl85, I have not read the study, but I know two cases of older men in which diabetes first appeared and then pancreatic cancer .., it may be that the cause of diabetes was already prior cancer.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/06/2023 7:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hi Regina, as you say it seems that there are also studies that indicate that sometimes diabetes is a symptom of pancreas cancer and not a cause.

If this is so better for all of us, this may mean a lower risk than studies that relate glycosylated level with increased risk of cancer, because in principle some cases would have been computed as a cause that would actually be a symptom.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 8 p.m.

What is clear is that having a sickness is not good, the important thing is that apart from the risk that entails trying to get it as well as possible and luck not to go through complications
I had a relative with type 2 I did not take care and stayed blind and cut the 2 legs in short

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/12/2023 11:19 a.m.

antonimar said:
What is clear is that having a sickness is not good. The important thing is that apart from the risk that entails trying to get it as well as possible and lucky not to go through complications
I had a relative with type 2 I did not take care and stayed blind and cut the 2 legs in short

@antonimar which glycosiladas would have, do you know?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/13/2023 7:36 a.m.

That is quite common. Antonimar, I also had a relative who was blind and lost a leg.

Personally it is what I fear most and with what I am most aware, because seeing it closely you know that it really happens and that it is not something so weird.

Nor does it help that in primary care there is a lot of doctor giving the message of "tranquility that does not happen here" and putting very soft control goals to people who can be squeezed more.

If you are informed and then the glycosilada gives 7 thanks to the medication that balances the balance ... and the doctor tells you that we are doing well, because we are doing well, I will continue eating ensaimated.It seems normal to me that people do those things with the information they receive, especially older people.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/13/2023 12:26 p.m.

Well, there were also few means of control.
Today, with glucometers, sensors, and the information that we can all access thanks to the Internet, I am sure that there will be fewer complications, provided that the person puts on their part and controls, of course.
If we ignore, because we already know what comes to us.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/13/2023 3:24 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.