{'en': 'Basal insulin', 'es': 'Insulina basal'} Image

Basal insulin

Cassie's profile photo   08/23/2022 10:55 a.m.

Good morning,

I have 2 early morning to get the glucose at approximately 3a.M.I am on vacation in Galicia and although at first I was fine, now I am noticing that my need for insulin is increasing.

I am getting up the fast according to needs, but I got 11ud of the slow one, this morning I have already set 13, but I would like to know how many points the slow one depends on the amount that I upload, to adjust better.

Use ABASAGLAR (giargine), which lasts about 24h.(Although I see that now this is not being fulfilled) and I always put it at 8 a.m.

I am aware that I have to get up because I am high in meals and sleeping with a normal glucose, I get up at dawn.

Thank you so much!!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/23/2022 10:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Cassie.I do not know a unique relationship between slow and glucose points.It's a matter of testing.This summer I also had a few days that I needed to raise the basal and now I had to go down again (less than I uploaded it, yes).You are doing well, you have to adjust until you find a new balance.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/23/2022 11:10 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@ENSALADA It was to specify better, I did not know whether to get a point or I can do it 2 in 2 ... thanks beautiful!This is a roll ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/23/2022 11:44 a.m.

When I make changes with the slow one I upload 1 unit and I wait about three days to see how it goes before continuing to increase the dose.That was what my endocrine advised me.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/23/2022 11:59 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Cassie, best suits one in one unit, as says @ricki21

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/23/2022 12:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

1 unit not long ago in the slow.
They have always told me that 2 in 2 and wait 3 days to climb more, the same to go down.
I use Toujeo that is also glargina and does not peak as Lantus or Levemir did to me, so the injection time gives a little.

If at 3:00 you go up, it is due to the protein and/or fats of dinner, in this case before climbing the basal observes whether during the day you are well or a little high.If you are high, the basal goes up, but you need to rectify slowly at about 2:00 am to avoid the peak.

Just yesterday I uploaded my slow 2 units, I have been totally uncontrolled a week, effect of surgery and general anesthesia.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/23/2022 12:14 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Cassie said:
@salad was to specify better, I didn't know whether I get a point or I can do it 2 in 2 ... thanks beautiful!This is a roll ...

The climbing two in two depends on how much insulin you put on.It seems to me that if you get 10, climbing two is 20%, it is too much.I always vary from one in one;It seems more prudent.And seeing how the body reacts, sometimes I don't expect the three days and readjust both, if I see that I have not improved much with change.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/23/2022 12:23 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Cassie said:
Good morning, I have been uploaded by the glucose at approximately 3A.M.I am on vacation in Galicia and although at first I was fine, now I am noticing that my need for insulin is increasing.I am getting up the fast according to needs, but I got 11ud of the slow one, this morning I have already set 13, but I would like to know how many points the slow one depends on the amount that I upload, to adjust better.Use ABASAGLAR (giargine), which lasts about 24h.(Although I see that now this is not being fulfilled) and I always put it at 8 a.m.I am aware that I have to get up because I am high in meals and sleeping with a normal glucose, I get up at dawn.Thank you very much !!

Abasaglar insulin has a duration according to 20-24 hours, but rather lasts 20 hours, if you put it at 8 a.m.At 3 in the morning he almost does not take effect, proves to change it at another time or asks to change you to Toujeo that is also glargina, but this one arrives at 24 hours and is flatter.All the best

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/23/2022 1:11 p.m.

@Diabestico Thank you, I will tell my endocrine, I have a visit to the early September.@Ruthbia no, I didn't have any fat, and since it takes me 2 mornings spending and between food and food I am updated ... that's why I touched it.I suppose that as here in Lugo, the weather is colder than the unbearable heat he did in Barcelona, ​​when my body has acclimatized, I need more ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/23/2022 2:36 p.m.

ruthbia said:
1 unit not long ago in the slow.
They have always told me that 2 in 2 and wait 3 days to climb more, the same to go down.
I use Toujeo that is also glargina and does not peak as Lantus or Levemir did to me, so the injection time gives a little.

If at 3:00 you go up, it is due to the protein and/or fats of dinner, in this case before climbing the basal observes whether during the day you are well or a little high.If you are high, the basal goes up, but you need to rectify slowly at about 2:00 am to avoid the peak.

Just yesterday I raised my slow 2 units, I have been totally uncontrolled a week, effect of surgery and general anesthesia.

How about your operation?Thank you for your advice, it already makes me trouble11ud was Guai.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/23/2022 2:40 p.m.

ricki21 said:
When I make changes with slow I go up 1 unit and wait about three days to see how it goes before continuing to increase the dose.That was what my endocrine advised me.

I have done it that way, moving 2 because at first I was paid 15, when I debuted and how I was doing hips at dawn to me to 12 suddenly, so I thought you could move to free will .... THANK YOU X ANSWER!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/23/2022 2:43 p.m.

@Cassie already well, tomorrow they take away my points.A carcinoma in the chest detected in a normal review of gynecology.To wait if radiotherapy is needed or not, but seeing the effects of anesthesia on glycemia is afraid how this works.

If the basal lasts about 20 hours, in this case, the educator should tell you to put it in 2 doses.In my case it was with Levemir, I put 10 units at 22:00 (to cover the peak at dawn) and then a reinforcement of 2 units at 10:00;Thus I covered 24h until I changed Toujeo that covers perfectly 24 hours.
Change the basal at night, I have seen that it has an action curve at 4 or 5 hours, it would be better to put it around 20:00 for the peak to match 2:00 -3: 00 am.
Ask your endocrine if you can change you to Toujeo or Tresiba that they cover more.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/23/2022 3:04 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia I am glad that it was fine and they have detected it in time, I have also made myself mamo before coming on vacation, but I do not want to look at results until I return to BCN, I will not ruin my vacations ...
I will tell the endocrine about Toujeo when I have a visit in September, the truth that so far covered me well the 24h.At first I put it at night, but they changed it to me in the morning for the hypos ... and did not explain that it could be put twice ...
Many moods!💪💪 Let's see if you stabilize and return to normal everything.😘

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/23/2022 3:40 p.m.

Well, just comment here that the two points have worked for me.Yesterday I had a day of the best and Abasaglar respected me 24h.I have risen with a value like before ... ☺️

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/24/2022 4:19 p.m.

I am glad @Cassie, you are independent of the educator;)

I entered hiccups, the resistance was gone and I have to lower the basal ... my uncle as usual.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/24/2022 5:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.