{'en': 'How to exercise and not die in the attempt', 'es': 'Como hacer ejercicio y no morir en el intento'} Image

How to exercise and not die in the attempt

Websquirtle's profile photo   08/25/2022 12:36 p.m.

Hello good:

The title of the thread is a bit exaggerated but I really need help and listen to other people's opinions because I am a little lost and I don't know what to do.

Diagnosed in November last year with type 2 diabetes, metformin treatment of 850 and to date perfectly controlled, last glyc of 4.9 to first of August.

Apart from the diabetes in February after passing the Covid I began to notice some discomfort in my left leg, which eventually began to appear on the right as well, summarizing a lot and after many doctors and many tests everything indicates a neuropathy in the femorocutaneous nerveOf both legs (apart from other neuropathies), they do not know how to tell me the origin (there are still almost two months to see the neurologic) but they blame it for diabetes (although it is difficult for me because nothing came out when I was not controlled and nowIt is totally under control), or weight loss, since I lost 15 kilos since November, although they say it is more common to happen in the opposite case.

Be that as it may be in the sea of ​​tests that has led me here they also made me a resonance in which I got a degenerative discopathy of grade II on all the lumbar albums, without telling me the origin beyond what usually happens withAge, although I am 43 years old.

Since I was diagnosed with diabetes I started doing 30 minutes of static bike at home as a daily routine, it is not that it was anything from the other world but well it helped me to feel that I was putting my part so that everything was better, with the problem ofthat I did the same as started in 100 A in 140 that when I got off the bike was about 70 and feeling dizzy, in addition to February that I passed the covid and the pain began in my leg I stopped doing it.

My doctor has told me that by losing 15 kilos I have lost a lotClarifying anything about it, in fact I was in a gym asking who carried the part of the machines and commenting that his only recommendation was diabetic was, you do not come without breakfast, and he stayed so Pancho.

What I am looking for is something that I can do that it is not harmful to my discopathy or for my neuropathy and that I am sure it is not, and also know how to control glucose levels because if with 30 minutes of bike I am as I am as I amWith more continuous efforts I do not know where I will end and in my case upload it before starting does not work.

A physio recommended swimming and pilates, but it gives me the feeling that what can make me gain muscle mass (which is not something that takes my dream) is not compatible with other types of exercises or sports focused on having a goodI don't know if I explain.

They arrived here thank you very much for reading, sorry if it has been too long and I am waiting to read a comment that helps me because I really want to do some exercise but I have many doubts and many fears.

Websquirtle's profile photo
Websquirtle
08/25/2022 12:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To generate muscle mass you have to exercise strength, swimming or bike do not work for that.
But the force exercise seems to me that it is not compatible with the discopathy that have been detected.I recommend that you consult with a physiotherapist and do not put yourself to exercise on your own because you can liar it.
In any case, even if it does not work much to generate muscle, swimming is good to strengthen the back without damaging it, you can do that exercise without fear.Avoiding the Braza style, which forces the neck and back posture.
As for blood glucose, when you are going to exercise, you can take a piece of fruit before starting;It is supposed to be enough to cover training.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/25/2022 1:17 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Welcome@ I am Diabetic type 2 of 46 years retired and before the diabetes recognized me, just 1 year before I had neuropathy on my feet, I had numb, but in the analyzes did not come out diabetes.I carry with diabetes from 2014 and in 2015 to September 2021 I went from everything (I did not take medication and ate all kinds of sweets) in September 2021 I had to go by emergency with the glucose very triggered and the very high tension (I do not understand how I could spend 6years without anything happened to me).In 2021 I was diagnosed with a moderate to serious anoxal type polyneuropathy on my feet and legs.I have enough pain and I don't do sports.I also have a genetic disease that prevents me from generating muscles.I do not take the food there and control it with Synjardy (mettformin) 12.5mg/1000mg and Trulicity 1.5mg Weekly puncture (to control the pancreas and lose weight) and gabapentin 2700mg daily for pain.I know that what I am doing is going to take me to a type 1 diabetes or anything else, but it is what there is, when these unstoppable things arrive, it only remains to assume them ... weight 113 kilos, I should weigh 85 kilos, I do not cook meobese, because I have all the weight in the abdomen (the so -called brewing belly and that I have never had beers) ....

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
08/25/2022 6:05 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.