{'en': 'I am new in this forum, I am looking for advice to know what to do (24 years diabetic type 1)', 'es': 'Soy nuevo en este foro, busco asesoria para saber que hacer (24 años diabetico tipo 1)'} Image

I am new in this forum, I am looking for advice to know what to do (24 years diabetic type 1)

Wjose35's profile photo   08/21/2022 11:40 p.m.

Good afternoon a coordial greeting to this community,

My name is Willert with in just 35 years of age and suffered many problems generated by type 1 diabetes which I live presenting since the age of 11.I am currently joining several groups and forums looking for guidance to give a change to my health.

At present, my decompensation for many eating factors, medicinal, psychological etc.They have led me to a fairly notable weight loss that, no matter how much it does not allow you to gain weight, muscle mass among others.

I go to this community to see if there is a method that helps me to counteract this effect

What can I do to gain muscle mass, and stop weight loss?

Apart from the improvement I must have in my food habit that I should do the most?

Is there any medicine that helps me improve this condition?

The maximum of the maximum that has been able to get to weigh in the last 4 years have been 58kg, any advice as help would be excellent or if there is any endocrine that guides me please.

Thank you,

Wjose35's profile photo
Wjose35
08/21/2022 11:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

As long as you do not have the controlled glucose and at acceptable levels you will continue to lose weight, what glycosylated hemoglobin do you have?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/22/2022 12:17 p.m.

@Wjose35, you will have to have an adequate insulin treatment to control glucose, if you will not continue losing weight
Type 1 diabetes needs two types of insulin, slow and fast.
With good control, you recover weight right away.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/22/2022 3:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you lose weight, it is because you have badly guided insulin and a high glyc, above 7.
You have to get the glucose stable as much as possible, between 80-140mg/dl and below 180mg/dl at two hours of having ingested food.
You lose weight because your body cannot take advantage of carbohydrates due to lack of insulin and burns fats.Surely you will also drink a lot of water and urinate a lot.

When you have the glucose well, the body is recovered naturally and with exercise you can generate muscle mass.

Ask for help to your diabetological nurse, it will be good to refresh knowledge.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/22/2022 4:13 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Excellent comment @ruthbia grateful, and if the state quite decompensated and very detached from a healthy diet to keep my levels of sugar

Wjose35's profile photo
Wjose35
08/23/2022 1:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.