{'en': 'Trips', 'es': 'Viajes'} Image

Trips

xdr's profile photo   06/18/2022 9:17 a.m.

Hello friends

During August I will make several international trips and I have a problem for the conservation of insulinIts conservation since I rule out cold wallets that do not endure so much in addition to their small dimensions.

Does anyone solvent that problem?How did it do it?

Thanks for reading me and greetings

xdr's profile photo
xdr
06/18/2022 9:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi XDR,

As long as you carry the insulin in the cabin with you they remain perfectly. In winery not freezing.I have spent seasons in India and USA and they have never spoiled me.

I also don't use wallets, when I arrive at the hotel I put them in the fridge and carry with me the ones I need.

Anything you tell me.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
06/18/2022 10:28 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

@xdr, and with cold gel bags that are put in the freezer and retain the temperature between 6 and 12 hours?If you are looking for it on Google, you will see many models and sizes.
Maybe you can put in a plastic bag with Zip (of which they sell in any supermarket to freeze food; there are several sizes) the cold gels and insulins, and you take it with you.Or everything in a thermal bag.
For giving you an idea :)

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
06/18/2022 11:45 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

I travel with thermal bag is replenished with water.In China I had no problems, or in the US.It carries silicone that as it dries, cools.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/18/2022 3:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for your answers, the bad thing is that I do not think they endure so much in tropical countries, the first is to Havana at the end of July until mid -August and then from there viginal, trinity, etc. until returning through Varadero and there will be many dayslong taking into account the roads of the island.

xdr's profile photo
xdr
06/19/2022 5:51 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I travel with thermal bag is replenished with water.In China I had no problems, or in the US.It carries silicone that is dry, cools.

Thank you very much, something like that could be worth it but I don't know how they are going wetting, could you please pass me any announcement or information more?

All the best

xdr's profile photo
xdr
06/19/2022 5:54 p.m.

@xdr, cold wallets are going very well and you only need water to activate them.
You can buy them in many places.Check out in the Diabetika store and so you see how they work.
I have one Q they take 2 bolis and another for 5. I don't know if there are bigger.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/19/2022 9:40 p.m.

anaisabel said:
@xDR, cold wallets are going very well and you only need water to activate them.
You can buy them in many places.Check out in the Diabetika store and so you see how they work.
I have one Q they take 2 bolis and another for 5. I don't know if there are bigger.

Thanks Anaisabel

Frio portfolios discarded it in principle because of its low capacity, I have a couple of them but only 2 feathers and I need minimum for 2 boxes.

xdr's profile photo
xdr
06/20/2022 8:16 a.m.

There are for 5 bolis

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/20/2022 2:24 p.m.

One bought it on Amazon and another in Diabetika.I have 4 roads and 2, but the one of 2 when the silicone is full of water I do not have a vial.
When you buy it, the silicone comes in balls that get rid of a water sweetener.They take about 7 days to become solid that is when you have to immerse it again.
Link cold%2caps%2C152 & SR = 8-3

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/21/2022 2:07 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello everyone, I have found some cases and a kind of refrigerated tubes to conserve insulin.I am thinking of buying one of those for when I go on a trip or for when I am out of home for work things.What do you think, it is worth buying it?Greetings and thank you very much for your time in advance.

Link

Charlie's profile photo
Charlie
06/23/2022 5:10 p.m.

@Charlie, the cold portfolio is the most comfortable, you just need to soak it in water to keep it active several days and there are several sizes.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/23/2022 5:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@charlie, the cold portfolio is the most comfortable, you just need to soak it in water to keep it active several days and there are several sizes.

Thank you very much Regina, I will look at one.All the best

Charlie's profile photo
Charlie
06/23/2022 6:03 p.m.

Hello, I have bought the wallets of Link
And for now I am very happy

ely88's profile photo
ely88
06/25/2022 11:29 a.m.

I have bought a cold portfolio.I haven't used it yet.I take advantage of the subject, to go by plane, a report is needed to ask the doctor or something to let things happen?

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/25/2022 1:22 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

ruthbia said:
one bought it on Amazon and another in Diabetika.I have 4 roads and 2, but the one of 2 when the silicone is full of water I do not have a vial.
When you buy it, the silicone comes in balls that get rid of a water sweetener.They take about 7 days to become solid that is when you have to immerse it again.
Link Keywords=carteras+de+frio& ;qid=16558132223&portfolios+defrio%2caps%2c152 & amp; sr = 8-3

Sorry for the delay in answering, on a trip and with my mobile I had a hard time answering, I wanted to thank you and tell you that I bought 2 big.

All the best

xdr's profile photo
xdr
06/26/2022 12:33 p.m.

@Nila

I carry a medical report, it is a sheet, in which I say that I have diabetes and also that I have to carry insulin etc.Whenever I travel by plane I take it, but they have never asked me.And I have never had trouble carrying insulin in cold bags and other things in my backpack as hand luggage.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/26/2022 5:38 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.