{'en': 'Journey to Egypt and Insulin Bomb', 'es': 'Viaje a Egipto y bomba de insulina'} Image

Journey to Egypt and Insulin Bomb

campanilla's profile photo   08/29/2022 11:52 a.m.

Good to all !!

At the end of October I go from honeymoon to Egypt and I have a lot of respect for the theme of the insulin bomb and its airports, someone who has traveled there with bomb and can help me !!

Thank you!

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
08/29/2022 11:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

1) carries a medical report (translated into English) in which you explain your situation and insulin bomb;They will probably not ask you, but it doesn't hurt to take it.
2) In the airport do not say the word "bomb" of insulin;Better "infusora" of insulin ("insulin pump").
3) Change the pump time at the time of landing.
4) Avoid (according to your possibilities) Use the pump during first leg/return flights (using an alternative pattern [bolus with dose equal to the amount of basal insulin of the next 4..5 hours, then disconnection of the pump and finallypump reconnection after 4..5 hours - when the plane has already landed]).This will avoid hypers / hypers due to pressure changes and avoid problems with security arches (and / or inappropriate words with "angry" safety agents)

For more information, read the book "Type X Diabetes", available on the "Advanced Diabetes" website in:
Link

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/29/2022 12:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.