{'en': 'Basal insulin badly placed', 'es': 'Insulina basal mal puesta'} Image

Basal insulin badly placed

Cassie's profile photo   09/04/2022 8:31 a.m.

Good morning!

Today half asleep (in my thigh) I have put on the slow and as soon as I squeeze the ball, the needle has come out, I do not know how much I could inject but I have seen quite out of my skin (I could not say how much).

Just in case I have punctured 2ud more, because something has come out.

Has it ever happened to you?

I imagine that today I will spend a high day and I will have to correct, but I did not dare to put more .....

Thank you!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
09/04/2022 8:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Cassie, see quickly ... If you spend the very high day, you can put a little more slow at night .., better to get a little high than pass with insulin.You have done well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/04/2022 11:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina .... Thank you!I have already served today's scare .... In this you have to put the 5 senses.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
09/04/2022 12:14 p.m.

It happened to me many times with the fast, in my arms I get the needle.(According to the nurse of the Covid vaccine I have very hard skin) I go from bruises and wounds.

In those cases it is better not to do anything and pull quickly to rectify.

I put the basal on the buttocks, so the bruises are not seen and the skin is soft.It also hurts less than in the legs.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/04/2022 2:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia is that I got a little scared because how it was to lower the plunger and left, I thought that perhaps nothing had entered, but when I took 2 units outside the skin and see the amount that I had deposited I realized that it wasApproximately what had come out ... I usually put it on the culete, but sometimes I am lying like today, the side of the thigh is better.
Seeing the levels I am, I think I have succeeded quite ... to see how I continue ... but tomorrow at 8'00 arranged!hahaha

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
09/04/2022 3:18 p.m.

@Ruthbia is that I got a little scared because how it was to lower the plunger and left, I thought that perhaps nothing had entered, but when I took 2 units outside the skin and see the amount that I had deposited I realized that it wasApproximately what had come out ... I usually put it on the culete, but sometimes I am lying like today, the side of the thigh is better.
Seeing the levels I am, I think I have succeeded quite ... to see how I continue ... but tomorrow at 8'00 arranged!hahaha

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
09/04/2022 3:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.