{'en': 'It is normal to have "peaks" being still under the effects of insulin', 'es': 'Es normal tener "picos" estando aún bajo los efectos de la insulina'} Image

It is normal to have "peaks" being still under the effects of insulin

Cassie's profile photo   07/06/2022 1:30 p.m.

Forgive my ignorance, but a few months ago I debuted in the DBT1 .....

It is normal that sometimes when we eat, according to what type of food are made high peaks, for example 236 (still under the effects of insulin and that this at 2 hours you lower it)?

Sometimes it happens to me and I get very nervous, and since I do not want to take it badly, I tend to withdraw that food from my edible list.

It also happens to you that some food like pasta goes up to you a lot if you eat it at noon, but instead if you eat it for dinner, nothing goes up to you?

They are things that I don't just understand, but I have it proven ...

Thank you very much for the work you do, especially with beginners.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/06/2022 1:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Cassie, the best thing is what they check each.Insulins are different or can take different effect depending on the hours, so it may be that the pasta feels good at night and not for the day.
If you check that a meal goes up a lot, you can try to put the insulin a time before or to raise the fast dose, depending on how you see the beak.
With the learning sensor a lot.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/06/2022 2:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, it's normal.
Food absorption speed is not the same as insulin;That is why they tell you to put the insulin about 20 minutes before eating, but it is not true.Each person has a rhythm, each food is different and according to the time of day and the hormones everything changes as you are checking.
In my person, in the morning I need insulin long before breakfast, 60 min before matching my abortion and avoiding the peak, to eat about 20-30 min and for dinner just when I have the plate on the table.
It is proof and error.

If you eat pasta or potatoes or in general high glycemic index foods, you will have a safe peak because they quickly go to carbohydrates and insulin has not yet begun to take effect.There are food tables with the amount of hydrates every 100g and its glycemic index.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/06/2022 6:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
yes, is normal.
Food absorption speed is not the same as insulin;That is why they tell you to put the insulin about 20 minutes before eating, but it is not true.Each person has a rhythm, each food is different and according to the time of day and the hormones everything changes as you are checking.
In my person, in the morning I need insulin long before breakfast, 60 min before matching my abortion and avoiding the peak, to eat about 20-30 min and for dinner just when I have the plate on the table.
It is proof and error.

If you eat pasta or potatoes or in general high glycemic index foods, you will have a safe peak because they quickly go to carbohydrates and insulin has not yet begun to take effect.There are food tables with the amount of hydrates every 100g and its glycemic index.

Oysters Ruthbia, because it is an odyssey this .... I punctuate myself and start eating 15 minutes of having injected me (it is what they told me), it doesn't matter if it is breakfast, food that dinner.Another curious thing is that to snack I do not have to click anything, and consume the same as for breakfast (but in this case);because if I do not do it at about 16'-7´00 I start going down and end at Hip.
The truth is that I do not do many peaks because I try not to eat food with high glycemic index;But I confess that when I do them, the world falls to the ground because I think that this can in the long run can damage my body ... I have told me so many things: "That if it is the silent disease that is damaging your organs little by little,""That if poor, what a whore", .....
that I am in the phase of blaming myself if I do not do it correctly .... I confess that I have less and less "emotional downturn", but at first, it was weird the day I did not end up throwing a sea of ​​tears.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/07/2022 11:30 a.m.

regina said:
@casssie, the best thing is what each one checks.Insulins are different or can take different effect depending on the hours, so it may be that the pasta feels good at night and not for the day.
If you check that a meal goes up a lot, you can try to put the insulin a time before or to raise the fast dose, depending on how you see the beak.
With the learner sensor a lot.

At the moment, as I am so inexperienced, I have chosen to leave the pasta for the night and move from it at noon ... I do not dare to play with the doses ... I listen to the bowling that the application x ch

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/07/2022 11:33 a.m.

@Cassie, in the morning the body has some insulin resistance, more insulin is needed and takes longer to take effect.That is why although you diminish your needs, they are different.In the snack, the basal is able to metabolize the food, but at breakfast the fast insulin takes to take effect and you will have a peak until "it works."
I spend months of probatines and talking to the endocrine.In the end, or put the insulin 60 min before and had breakfast when I saw that the arrow said that I was starting to go down or looked at a peak of 220 because my body is hungry to start the day and insulin is lazy at that time :)
Now I wait only 10 min because I don't have breakfast hydrates, I changed to soybean drink and protein bread, insulin still takes 60 min, but not eating hydrates I do not make peaks.

The peaks are not serious, which affects more is variability, that is, having many peaks in a row.It is better to be 5 hours at 200mg/dl than to have for 5 hours up and down, 200-90, 175-80, 190-96 and so on.
If you enter your Libreview, Abbott's website where your doctor sees your sensor's data, at AGP you can see the variability.If you use Diabox, it is the GVI index.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/07/2022 7:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.