{'en': 'Does T1d Expat Experience?', 'es': 'USA T1D Expat Experience?'} Image

Does T1d Expat Experience?

kaycim's profile photo   07/13/2022 5:12 a.m.

Hello!

I Will Be Writing in English As It is my first languages, Although I speeak polyite spanish, I wish to communicate licarly as possessible and Hope Google Translate Will Help As Best As Possible ...

I am Considering Moving to Spain.I am a Young Teacher and Would Love To Move To Spain.I will have Couple Friends in Madrid and Elsewhere in Europe.I am wondering if there are any expats spectify from the USA or Canada Who Could Tell Me How They Went About Transitioning From Their Country to Spain as a Type One One Diabetic and If there is Any Advice The May Have.

Additionionally, Even if you aren's expat, If you're a t1d and you can tell me a boutle insurance ... doctors ... access to cgms and insulin pumps ... i wouled be Vley Grateful.How Expensive Are Medications and visits?How Easy/Difficult is it to see your doctor (Endocrinologist or Just Your Primary Care Physician)?

Thank you to all!I Truly Appreciate You.

Kisses x

kaycim's profile photo
kaycim
07/13/2022 5:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @kaycim
At least during the first 90 Days You Need A Private Insurance from USA;Insulin is prescribed by doctors, in other case Any Pharmacy Will Deliver It.
I RECOMMEND YOU TO BRING A HEALTH REPORT FROM YOUR CURRENT ENDOCRINE.
Have to look on this:
Link

I GUESS THE PROTOCOL IS SIMILAR IN OTHERS COMMUNITIES (WE HAVE 17 !!!)

The National Health Insurance is "Universal", That Means You Are Totally Covered in Case of Any Emergency.(Call 112 or emergency hospital)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/14/2022 9:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you!

kaycim's profile photo
kaycim
07/15/2022 3:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.