{'en': 'Does the heat affect you?', 'es': 'Os afecta el calor?'} Image

Does the heat affect you?

Cassie's profile photo   07/14/2022 1:59 p.m.

Good morning!!

I would like to know if you also affect the heat-diabetes combination?

I have been following it since the end of April and I don't know many things ...

As about 13'30, I put my insulin and usually, at 2 hours I have normal values.

The fact is that every day at 16'30-17´00 that I am going to pick up my children to the Casal it gives me a downturn ... At first I thought it was not to snack before going, but yesterday I did it and gave meThe same ... I'm already afraid, I've been a couple of weeks.

I tell you about heat, because on weekends I don't leave home at that time, it doesn't happen to me.

I drink approximately 2l.of water a day (I think I am well hydrated) and I inject the slow one at 8:1,00 (12ud), I do not know if it would be it would be before I got eaten 1r of ch, without clicking me .... yesterday I passedfrom 100 in blood to 60 in 20 minutes;I have written my educator but I have not obtained an answer yet.

Can anyone guide me?

I thank you!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/14/2022 1:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When insulin needs are very hot.It is because vasodilation is distributed more quickly.
I noticed it in the heat wave of June, I lowered the basal to 8 units.Now, although it is even hotter, I am not noticing it and I put 11 slowly.
I think it is because I have finished my honeymoon, I already need quickly at all meals because if not, I stay up.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/14/2022 3:04 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Cassie: You can try to download a unit or average with the food to see how you are at 3 hours

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/14/2022 3:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Cassie with heat lowers insulin needs.Between 1 and 2 units, there are people who more.
Look at the basal and rapid dowlings at least 1 unit as @ricki21 tells you, keep in mind that it lasts between 2-3 hours according to each one.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/14/2022 6:34 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@ensalada, @ricki21, @ruthbia ..... Thank you very much!I will try it today to see what such ....:-*

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/15/2022 9:51 a.m.

@Cassie happens to me more or less the same.I debuted this year and I have been out of control with hypoglycemia, which blamed the heat.I have had to stop putting myself fast insulin and I still have some hypoglycemia.Yesterday I began to reduce the basal to see if I manage to stabilize

ely88's profile photo
ely88
07/15/2022 3:08 p.m.

When I am high of sugar and makes it hot it happened fatal.It is as if it were much higher.

Then I correct myself too much and I ended up having drops.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/16/2022 8:19 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

With heat I have to reduce the units of both I gather hypos and tension drops

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
07/16/2022 8:45 p.m.

If with the heat low and with the cold it rises

titimartinez's profile photo
titimartinez
07/17/2022 4:04 p.m.

With heat insulin is absorbed faster and acts more strongly, the doubt I have is if it will have less duration .., but sometimes you have to lower doses to avoid hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/18/2022 5:57 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, it has been like a clock, come the heat wave and I had to increase the three units.

I have also been doing less sport precisely for that reason, but it has been very very well for what the heat will also have affected and it is not due to dehydration because I drink enough water per day.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/18/2022 8:56 a.m.

Cassie said:
good morning !!

I have been following it since the end of April and I don't know many things ...

The fact is that every day at 16'30-17´00 that I am going to pick up my children to the Casal it gives me a downturn ... At first I thought it was not to snack before going, but yesterday I did it and gave meThe same ... I'm already afraid, I've been a couple of weeks.

I tell you about heat, because on weekends I don't leave home at that time, it doesn't happen to me.

I drink approximately 2l.of water a day (I think I am well hydrated) and I inject the slow one at 8:1,00 (12ud), I do not know if it would be it would be before I got eaten 1r of ch, without clicking me .... yesterday I passedfrom 100 in blood to 60 in 20 minutes;I have written my educator but I have not obtained an answer yet.

Can anyone guide me?

I thank you!

Good, I am one of those who affect the heat, exercise and insulin cocktail.
The bad thing is that I do not always know what time I will leave and if it will be walking, in a motorcycle or by car.
I have just a year than you, and it is a continuous not to stop learning.
When clicking myself I saw that it was better for me to prick the slow insulin Tresiba at 22:00.I find the values ​​of the rest of the day more stable and I save having to take it if I leave home in the morning before the usual time of punctured.

The issue of slow at night and the rest of the day worked in the main meals according to carbohydrates to the eye (at the beginning it was without living with the weight and HC table according to food).And see the graph every half an hour at the beginning and every hour today, when I go out to the street he took his eyes to the graph and if it is below 120 I am more attentive every quarter of an hour in the street, and if I seeThat I go down half a ration of glucose as I ask for the body.

Before he wore juice, candies, cookies, coca-cola with sugar, etc .... What becomes a suitcase only for diabetes.At the same time I discovered for the hypos a liquid glucose called "gluc up" in pharmacy, which was luxurious as well as the cookies stuffed with Nocilla, which are death.
It has only been glucose candies for months that he bought on a website that is based in Madrid, called "Glucoup".For me the best are some that come in a large boat of about 200 units I think, transparent and with orange cap.The candies have two flavors and a drawing of one sport each.
I hope I have helped you.I learned from the error success, because I didn't know any place to learn.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
07/18/2022 8:45 p.m.

marine said:
Well, it has been like a clock, come the heat wave and I had to increase the three units.

I have also been doing less sport precisely because of that, but it has been very very well for what the heat will also have affected and it is not due to dehydration because I drink enough water a day.

I also believe that with heat insulin works worse.As soon as I get a lot I have to click more to correct it.If normally with a correction in a couple of hours I usually wear well.With this terrible heat I have to correct myself twice to get it.With how fucked it turns out to be high, with this heat.

It may be because I am less, but it is not that my habits have changed much.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/18/2022 11:44 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

ely88 said:
@casssie happens to me more or less the same.I debuted this year and I have been out of control with hypoglycemia, which blamed the heat.I have had to stop putting myself fast insulin and I still have some hypoglycemia.Yesterday I began to reduce the basal to see if I manage to stabilize

I can't stop clicking fast insulin in meals because otherwise I get the foam.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/19/2022 10:05 a.m.

_ tacker _ said:
casssie said:
good morning !!

Can anyone guide me?

I thank you!

The bad thing is that I do not always know what time I will leave and if it will be walking, in a motorcycle or by car.
When clicking myself I saw that it was better for me to prick the slow insulin Tresiba at 22:00.I find the values ​​of the rest of the day more stable and I save having to take it if I leave home in the morning before the usual time of punctured.

The issue of slow at night and the rest of the day worked in the main meals according to carbohydrates to the eye (at the beginning it was without living with the weight and HC table according to food).And see the graph every half an hour at the beginning and every hour today, when I go out to the street he took his eyes to the graph and if it is below 120 I am more attentive every quarter of an hour in the street, and if I seeThat I go down half a ration of glucose as I ask for the body.

Before he wore juice, candies, cookies, coca-cola with sugar, etc .... What becomes a suitcase only for diabetes.At the same time I discovered for the hypos a liquid glucose called "gluc up" in pharmacy, which was luxurious as well as the cookies stuffed with Nocilla, which are death.
It has only been glucose candies for months that he bought on a website that is based in Madrid, called "Glucoup".For me the best are some that come in a large boat of about 200 units I think, transparent and with orange cap.The candies have two flavors and a drawing of one sport each.
I hope I have helped you.I learned from the error success, because I didn't know any place to learn.

Thank you for your comments, every day you learn something new and you are always constantly changing.Will I look at the candies you comment .... How many do you eat to stop a descent?Or do you know how glucose is there for caramel?I take Glucosport, but it is very expensive and many tablets are not coming.
Yesterday I talked to my educator and I have lowered the noon and night ratio, to see how it goes ... but also told me that I can download another slow unit.I told him about the exercise, how important it is for this disease to do it, I like to make static bike, but he told me to wait for me, because as I have a tendency to go down (late-night) and it is the only time of the day when I canDoing it, to refrain at the moment, is that I do not hard or 20min.And under that you flip it!The truth is that just thinking that this is for a lifetime, it is exhausting ...
He told me that he believes that I am on a honeymoon because myGraphics are very flat during the night, which is as if I was with a bomb, but I don't see it that way, I don't know .... I carry a very strong control, all heavy, not as any rice, ice cream, fried potatoes.... nothing that has a high glycemic index .... and to which I am a little nervous or stressed, it rises.Once timely and for no apparent reason I get to 200. I have an acquaintance who has debuted shortly after me with DBM1 and can eat a pizza without the need for fast insulin, in fact, it is only slow ... this one I think thatIt is clearly with honeymoon.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/19/2022 10:24 a.m.

sherpa41 said:
marine said:
because it has been like a clock, come the heat wave and I had to increase the three units the three units.

I have also been doing less sport precisely because of that, but it has been very very well for what the heat will also have affected and it is not due to dehydration because I drink enough water a day.

I also believe that with heat insulin works worse.As soon as I get a lot I have to click more to correct it.If normally with a correction in a couple of hours I usually wear well.With this terrible heat I have to correct myself twice to get it.With how fucked it turns out to be high, with this heat.

It may be because I am less, but it is not that my habits have changed much.

I see that each person is a world and affects us very differently.It goes up to you and it goes down ..... I am angry not to be able to make my "normal" life.I have two young children and for them I go to the beach, but with fear .... I have gone 2 times and 2 times down that it cost me to go ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/19/2022 10:27 a.m.

@Cassie here what I can interpret are 2 different things,

One is the weather in general .. generalizing even more ... the seasonalities of the year.

The other is direct heat, such as the beach ... that causes vasodilation that makes insulin absorb before so it can cause hiccups.

For example, the heat wave affects me, even if I am at home with the air conditioning ... there is no vasodilation as the sun can be at the beach ...

Greetings,

marine's profile photo
marine
07/19/2022 11:22 a.m.

@Cassi, if you can't go quietly to the beach, maybe you have slow., Always carry something to eat and drink.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/19/2022 11:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Cassie said:
_ tacker _ said:
Cassie said:
Cassie said:
good morning !!

Can anyone guide me?

I thank you!

Thank you for your comments, every day you learn something new and you are always constantly changing.Will I look at the candies you comment .... How many do you eat to stop a descent?Or do you know how glucose is there for caramel?I take Glucosport, but it is very expensive and many tablets are not coming.
Yesterday I talked to my educator and I have lowered the noon and night ratio, to see how it goes ... but also told me that I can download another slow unit.I told him about the exercise, how important it is for this disease to do it, I like to make static bike, but he told me to wait for me, because as I have a tendency to go down (late-night) and it is the only time of the day when I canDoing it, to refrain at the moment, is that I do not hard or 20min.And under that you flip it!The truth is that just thinking that this is for a lifetime, it is exhausting ...
He told me to believeThat I am on a honeymoon because my graphics are very flat during the night, which is as if I was with a bomb, but I do not see it that way, I do not know .... I carry a very strong control, all heavy, not as anything like anythingRice, ice cream, fried potatoes, .... Nothing that has a high glycemic index .... and to which I am a little nervous or stressed, it goes up.Once timely and for no apparent reason I get to 200. I have an acquaintance who has debuted shortly after me with DBM1 and can eat a pizza without the need for fast insulin, in fact, it is only slow ... this one I think thatIt is clearly with honeymoon.

But I am wrong each candy contains five and a half grams of glucose, which becomes a half dose for comeback.I take one if I approach the 70_75 and if I am below seventy I take two, and I control every fifteen minutes, if at fifteen I have not climbed from seventy I take one more, and controlling every fifteen minutes.

Those of Glucosport come out a paste and they did not work as well as those of the Gluco Up page.

There is no one better than yourself to go control you, if you know that at that time or with such activity the hypo, control yourself at times shorter and write everything.Al. Less until you know this game of the cat and the mouse called diabetes.
You have not thought that maybe you are too strict with what you eat, I will have more activity to eat rice, only now I do it at its point and dry, I forget the broth or very done rice, also ifI have an hypo I take advantage and I like a small ice cream, controlling me of course.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
07/20/2022 12:41 a.m.

_ tacker _ said:
casssie said:
_ tacker _ said:
_ tacker _ said:
Good morning !!

Can anyone guide me?

I thank you!

Yesterday I talked to my educator and I have lowered the noon and night ratio, to see how it goes ... but also told me that I can download another slow unit.I told him about the exercise, how important it is for this disease to do it, I like to make static bike, but he told me to wait for me, because as I have a tendency to go down (late-night) and it is the only time of the day when I canDoing it, to refrain at the moment, is that I do not hard or 20min.And under that you flip it!The truth is that only to think that this is for a lifetime,It is exhausting ....
He told me that he believes that I am on a honeymoon because my graphics are very flat during the night, which is as if I was with a bomb, but I do not see it that way, I do not know .... I carry a very strong control, all heavy, not as any rice, ice cream, fried potatoes, .... nothing that has a high glycemic index .... and to which I am a little nervous or stressed, it goes up.Once timely and for no apparent reason I get to 200. I have an acquaintance who has debuted shortly after me with DBM1 and can eat a pizza without the need for fast insulin, in fact, it is only slow ... this one I think thatIt is clearly with honeymoon.

But I am wrong each candy contains five and a half grams of glucose, which becomes a half dose for comeback.I take one if I approach the 70_75 and if I am below seventy I take two, and I control every fifteen minutes, if at fifteen I have not climbed from seventy I take one more, and controlling every fifteen minutes.

Those of Glucosport come out a paste and they did not work as well as those of the Gluco Up page.

There is no one better than yourself to go control you, if you know that at that time or with such activity the hypo, control yourself at times shorter and write everything.Al. Less until you know this game of the cat and the mouse called diabetes.
You have not thought that maybe you are too strict with what you eat, I will have more activity to eat rice, only now I do it at its point and dry, I forget the broth or very done rice, also ifI have an hypo I take advantage and I like a small ice cream, controlling me of course.

Thanks for your clarifications ... strict?Well yes ... I've been getting to know myself, I am scared of the consequences that I can have in the long run, I am very disciplined in my daily life, with everything ... hahaha I suppose that over the years I will relax ....Now I try and try to act ... for example the pasta (which I loved) uploads horrors at noon (despite keeping it in a fridge and doing it to the point), instead at night (recently made, I don't have that effect)Then I try to eat it now at night ... but I wonder: What is the point of eating some pizza or a croissant if it gives "a peak" and those peaks are bad?My educator tells me that I can eat as before, that I just have to adjust insulin to what as ... but I don't just understand ... because eating those things the glucose is put in the clouds.
You have defined it very well, the game of the cat and the mouse ..... hahahaha

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/20/2022 5:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.