{'en': 'How long does a sensor last without activating?', 'es': '¿Cuánto dura un sensor puesto sin activar?'} Image

How long does a sensor last without activating?

nigiri's profile photo   09/20/2022 4:16 p.m.

Well, I have put on a new sensor because the one who had is giving me readings quite below the real ones but I think that for the moment I will throw with the one that does not go very well and wait to activate the other.

Do you think that being already put on me when I activate it even if they spend 10 days?

Greetings,

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/20/2022 4:16 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I believe that if because not starting it, it has not been activated maybe.I put one the first time and started telling me from the moment I activated it, I put it at night and I activated it in the morning

Nila's profile photo
Nila
09/20/2022 6:38 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Yes, overnight I do it many times but 10 days, in case there was someone who had done it.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/20/2022 9 p.m.

Talk to speak because I do not have the experience, but I have read you to say, that when the useful life of the sensor is ending the readings are somewhat adulterated ...
I imagine that they have a useful life of 2 weeks because the reagent that goes in the interstitial fluid is losing bellows.
That is, nothing possibly happens, at most that the readings are not very reliable ...

anif's profile photo
anif
09/20/2022 10:21 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

No, it doesn't work.
The same thing happened to me @nigiri and when I wanted to activate it 12 days later it gave me error and I had to throw it.
FreeLink failed me but the glucometer and Diabox recovered, so I left the 2. An error.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/20/2022 11:46 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Nothing, I have finally activated it.The deviation of the other, if I was not pregnant, would give me a little like but being, I can't afford it.I have the high glucose alarm at the lowest that the machine allows me, in 120, and when I whistle I am really in 160 or more so that I have activated the other.
I hope it works, it is the third I put in 6 days ...
Thanks @ruthbia and @anif

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/21/2022 12:33 a.m.

Guardian 4 I put it 12-14 hours before activating it and without problems.10 days is a barbarity, not because it will not work for you but because your skin will be covered a lot of time and itching and doors may appear to the glue.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
09/21/2022 4:33 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

14 days I am with my skin covered every time I change the sensor and nothing happens to me @macarron_con_diabetes

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/22/2022 12:48 a.m.

nigiri said:
Well that, I have put a new sensor because the one who had is giving me quite below the real ones but I think that for the moment I will throw with the one who is not going very muchWell and wait to activate the other.

Do you think that being already put on me when I activate it even if they spend 10 days?

Greetings,

I took 3 days and always gave me under comia to go up to sugar and after 3 days I click and I saw that I was super high to if I fail the three days indicating hypoglycemis low of 70, call and meThey changed it without problem

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/25/2022 10:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see, the sensor in operation can be years, or whatever the battery.The only reason for the change every 15 days is that you do not seek to take a via nailed to your arm and that is not healthy to take it for a long time.In my case when I have been with the sensor for about 14 days to have itchy discomfort etc.Apart from the fact that the glue does not last forever and the sensor's route is degrading.It doesn't make much sense to wear a sensor stuck and stuck if you are not going to use it.Use if but as they tell you, you can give you reading failures depending on the time that the tube is nailed

Fmontes78's profile photo
Fmontes78
09/25/2022 4 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I believe that the sensor is saturating until it begins not to be reliable.So as soon as you already put it the same if it is activated or not.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/26/2022 10:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.