{'en': 'Father with debutante of 15 years', 'es': 'Padre con debutante de 15 años'} Image

Father with debutante of 15 years

taybar78's profile photo   09/23/2022 5:56 p.m.

Hello everyone.

We are a marriage and a couple of days ago that have diagnosed our 15 -year -old son type 1 diabetes.

I guess it is normal to be as lost as we are.Even sometimes overwhelmed ...

I hope to learn with you a lot of day to day.:)

All the best!

taybar78's profile photo
taybar78
09/23/2022 5:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome @Taybar78!
It's a submundo, but you learn quickly.
The most important thing is that your child assumes responsibility and it is he who controls, with supervisors at the beginning.With 15 years he is no longer so child.
Do not hesitate to ask what you need.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/23/2022 8:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Taybar78, it is very difficult and very hard to assimilate at the beginning, but little by little you are going to assume and calm down.It is important not to convey anguish to the kid, who learns at his rhythm, and feels calm.
Today the treatments are enough to maintain good control and there is a lot of time to expect better and better treatments.
My daughter has been with diabetes for 28 years, she started as a child, with very unstable insulins, and continues with the analysis without any alteration.
Much encouragement and a lot of patience, that everything will be better and better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/24/2022 2:35 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you so much.
I know it's a matter of time, but everything seems so complicated at the beginning ... :)
I will continue reading everything that arises here and I will ask in different threads.

I said, thank you all.

taybar78's profile photo
taybar78
09/24/2022 6:16 p.m.

Much encouragement.My son debuted just completed the 16 years and a half ago.They have an age in which they are independent but supervising everything, I think.As the nurse says, the important thing is to have the routines totally assumed.And when you get out of them, know how to return.And patience ... as you have told you

Lucia70's profile photo
Lucia70
09/25/2022 10:58 a.m.

I am a child with DT!And I recommend that you read Dr Bernstein "Diabetes Solution", is achieved on the Internet and also in Spanish.It proposes a slightly different regime from the endos and it is not easy to follow, but in the case of my son I significantly improve the glycemia, (if anyone wants it, I can pass it on)

Greetings

AnibalJ's profile photo
AnibalJ
09/26/2022 11:15 a.m.

anibalj said:
I am a child with DT!And I recommend that you read Dr Bernstein "Diabetes Solution", is achieved on the Internet and also in Spanish.It proposes a slightly different regime from the endos and it is not easy to follow, but in the case of my son I significantly improve the glycemia, (if anyone wants it, I can pass it on)

Greetings

Do you have it in Spanish?I am interested

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/26/2022 12:12 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

taybar78 said:
Thank you very much.
I know it's a matter of time, but everything seems so complicated at the beginning ... :)
I will continue reading everything that arises here and I will ask in different threads.

I said, thank you all.

It is very complicated.There is a lot of knowledge and dedication to control it and strength of encouragement to assume it, but it is not impossible.

I have learned a lot in these channels dedicated to the subject.

Link
Link
Link

I hope they serve you.A hug

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/26/2022 12:18 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Welcome to forum @Taybar78,

I hope we can help you, in the forum you will find a lot of information about diabetes, especially focused on parents, also many people who can tell you from their experience, ask what you need.

Here I leave you a couple of topics that I recommend reading.

Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
09/28/2022 2:43 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello!I am also here for my son who debuted on September 8 with only 18 months ... the world fell on us, I imagine that as it happens to everyone.
Now the best thing we can do is learn the maximum so that they have the best possible quality of life.
Cheer up!!

MotherMom's profile photo
MotherMom
09/29/2022 7:25 a.m.

Hello again.
Forgive that he has not responded before ... It has been an intense week.
Thank you very much for everything you are facilitating me (videos, links, books ...)
These days have been quite entertaining, with the return to class, physical education, lunches for the institute, first outings alone ...
But well, we are taking it.
I reiterate my thanks.

We will continue learning here.

taybar78's profile photo
taybar78
10/07/2022 9:24 p.m.

Hi @Taybar78, I can advise you little because I am rookie and only take oral antidiabetics, but I do assure you that in this forum you will learn a lot about the disease and you will feel accompanied, which is also very important.Cheer up!

LaSelva's profile photo
LaSelva
10/09/2022 9:02 p.m.

66 años. DMII desde 6/22. Jardiance 10 1/0/0. Metformina 850 0/1/1. Ozempic 0’50 1 semanal. Hb A1c mayo/22: 12’1- octubre/22: 6’1

Being so young perhaps in the future the pharmaceuticals release the cure of type 1 diabetes from freezer

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
10/10/2022 12:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.