{'en': 'Diabetes sometimes surpasses me', 'es': 'La diabetes a veces me supera'} Image

Diabetes sometimes surpasses me

mariajosejuarez's profile photo   09/13/2022 3:25 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I have been diagnosed with diabetes 7 months, debut on Kings Day, (a good way to start 2022 and a great gift) it all started following a urine infection, I went to the doctor and in the test 600 of sugar came out.

I had all the symptoms that the doctor told me, but because of the ignorance of the disease and for not knowing any diabetic person I did not associate it with the diabetes, when they told me that I was chronic and without a cure it was very hard, and although I had and I hadThe support of my family and friends was difficult for me to adapt to punctures, insulin corrections and my new healthy life.

I took it very seriously and it seemed that I had controlled it until a month ago that again following a urine infection and poor doctors' management (because when I went to the emergency of my people, they first did not make me cultivation or cultivationThey gave me an antibiotic and when I went again they diagnosed me covid without proof or anything when it was actually negative) they entered me because the infection itself touched the kidney and for more inri they found a stain in the adrenal gland.

Because of that I have an uncontrolled glucose, and there is no way to control it again, it frustrates me a lot because it is as if these months had not served at all, and my boyfriend and friends take away importance, with phrases of the type there are worse things,You will have it well again, or the type I have a friend or a diabetic relative and it is not so much ...

I feel frustrated and misunderstood, nobody gets in my place and I am sad more and more and I want to go out or interact with people.

I don't know if someone will have happened to someone, whether I do not appreciate advice.

Thank you very much for reading and sorry for the paragraph that I have released 🙂🙂🙂

mariajosejuarez's profile photo
mariajosejuarez
09/13/2022 3:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello good ,

Diabetes is a background career, we must take care of the best possible within our possibilities and not forget about it, but there are processes as natural as stress or an infection that will make your glucose rise for a certain time and that is whyYou should not feel bad or guilty.

I understand that frustration but also think if frustrating you will change your situation or will help you in something.

Here a server has been with type 1 diabetes for 21 years, and I am what I am .. could it be worse?Of course .. could it be better?Also ... but it's like being low and wanting to be high, in the end it is a new quality that accompanies us and we must accept it.

marine's profile photo
marine
09/13/2022 4:59 p.m.

Thanks for your comment Marine,
21 years?😳
Perhaps that feeling of frustration changes over time, I understand everything that entails and I have accepted it, but sometimes diabetes surpasses me and I don't know how to manage it positively.I will take your words very much.I thank you very much.Thanks really.

mariajosejuarez
09/13/2022 5:52 p.m.

@Mariajosejuarez I debuted this January, after the covid, I understand you perfectly, you will not understand anyone better than another diabetic, many times I feel overcome ... I have anxiety crisis, because I demand a lot to myself, I amPerfectionist and that is not home with this disease.I ask here everything to what my knowledge does not arrive and there are very important people who give good advice .... We have to meet and learn, every day we will do better, do not let this sink you, life is very beautiful andYou have to worry about the fair .... do you need support, you are in good hands .... 💪💪

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
09/13/2022 9:56 p.m.

@Cassie Thank you very much for your words, I relieve me that there are also people who feel like me, because I thought I only happened to me for taking so little time.I am also very perfectionist and I believe that from there the frustration, although over time I hope to control it too.
I know I am in good hands, I feel a little better after having written it and behind the messages.I will continue asking and telling experiences.🙂
Millions of thanks Cassie!

mariajosejuarez
09/14/2022 11:47 a.m.

@mariajosejuarez quiet woman.The Christmas of 2015 also brought me this "gift" with a urine infection and everything else.
High and low are normal, especially with infections, hormones (for women it is the worst), stresses, etc ... everything affects.The most important thing is to know how to act when one has hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.
There are always "x" files that have no explanation or doctors know.

It goes from the comments of others, you will hear everything, there is a very funny post of fun phrases that we hear.

And vent here, for that we are and ask all your doubts or what you need.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/14/2022 11:53 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Much encouragement, here we all understand you.It is normal for people who not, because sometimes it is difficult to get into the skin of the other.But he has our support and asks here everything you need.You will see how everything normalizes sooner or later, it is normal to have low but not always last.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/14/2022 1:17 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Of course, everything you tell is normal.It costs a lot to face it and get to the idea that it is a chronic disease.It cost me until I understood that I could control it.When I was clear, everything was much better.That is why you should get the idea that what is happening to you now with infection is a passing lack of control.Then, everything will return to the control of before.
Dare, and here we are all, that we understand you of the first hand.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/14/2022 1:22 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

After 32 years with this there are days that I feel totally overcome so calm, everything that happens to you is normal.As you have told you, this is a background and you will have your ups and downs in which you carry a very good control and others in which not so much and this is totally normal.Try not to overwhelm you and above all, not to whip you.Much encouragement.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/15/2022 1:06 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Good morning to everyone.
I haven't written here for a long time, although I read you.And "pecking" in the forum, I have seen this issue, it has given me to read the different comments.I am really surprised at the level of seriousness and wisdom of all the comments I have read, apart from its usefulness to face our day to day with this.Thank you all for your comments.

A forero with more than 30 years with this.

Greetings for everyone.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
09/15/2022 11:20 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

A year ago this month ago that debuts.The changes in my life at the psychological level have been very strong.From not wanting to go to breakfast with the friends, for not having to give explanations, he until he took fear of going to walk as I used to have given me some scare with the hiccups.All this, but the control that we have to wear sometimes a heavy backpack is made.But in the end it is our life partner and it is best to have patience and learn from it.Here in the forum you can see that many people are going through the same or similar and you will find support even if it is only reading the forum issues.This is where I have learned the most, since I am without receiving diabethylogic education a year after the debut and well, I am not at all evil.Much encouragement and luck with your friend

Noemí's profile photo
Noemí
09/18/2022 11:50 a.m.

Hi @mariajosejuarez, I am a 6 -year -old father who also diagnosed type 1 diabetes in January as you.I understand and share your frustration and I want to help you and here I am.
First tell you that I am a family doctor in an ambulatory social security and with this I want to tell you some things.The first thing is that your urine infection was not the one that produced diabetes.You, like my son, had the genetic predisposition to diabetes and urine infection "activated it."If it had not been a urine infection, it would have been a cold, a gastroenteritis, a covid, a dental phlegmon, etc.Urine infection did not cause you diabetes, nor did the fact that they did not make a cultivation at the beginning of the infection.

I also want to explain that Social Security does not perform urine crops by protocol at the beginning of the infection.They only cultivate the first day if the patient is fragile or there is suspicion that there may be something more serious or that we do not finish believing that we are in front of an urine infection .... logically in a private mutual they will do the culture ifYou ask, because you pay it, even if there is no criteria.
Urine infections can be diagnosed well with symptoms (stinging when urinating, not finishing emptying the bladder, going to the bathroom many times) and using a simple urine strip.With this we give antibiotic, it would be unforgivable not to do it.A large percentage of cases (between 90-100%) will be resolved, the rest is not and the cultivation is made.
As you can see, it is a matter of logic and public funds.If all citizens who have stinging when urinating are made a crop on the first day, the system would probably saturate, and as it said before, there is no need because the vast majority are solved only with the urine strip and putting the firstantibiotic.

Regarding diabetes, I think you should sit more with your endocrine and also with your diabetes educator.The first months are hard for emotional impact and having to force to change eating habits, but calm and patience you will be able to keep sugar levels well (you will not get it one week to the next or one month for theanother, so give yourself a truce that you are already going through).

The others do not know what you are having, but think that they also want to help you and that is their only way of expressing it.They can't tell you how much insulin you have to get to go well, if they could do it they would do it, but they give you their best they can find this disease, which is to encourage you.The pediatrician will give you information.We will give you understanding and we will be empathic with you because we really know how you feel.

I leave you here because the message has already become very long.I just hope you are gradually acquiring new knowledge to take care of yourself and also adapting to these changes.They are the 2 fundamental things that are needed.
Let's talk, an affectionate greeting.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
09/18/2022 11:53 a.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

I advise you to read Richard K Bernstein's diabetes book, if anyone wants it.It proposes a method of eating less carbohydrates that avoids the peaks and descents.It looks good for me.Of course, it is not easy to continue, it requires a lot of dedication.But it works !!

AnibalJ's profile photo
AnibalJ
09/19/2022 11:18 a.m.

Hello, I also have the glucose uncontrolled.But I have already told me endocrine and nephrologists that are due to the treatment I am receiving .. I am transplanted from kidney since the end of May.
You must be patient and ask for help and/or advice when you have doubts.In this forum there are very serious and competent people who help a lot.
All the best.

CarlosT's profile photo
CarlosT
09/19/2022 4:46 p.m.

You have been shortly for a short time, and if you are frustrating, but what you have to do is normalize it even if it is not normal.I already take it as quiet as possible, the moods influence us a lot and above all the negatives.I have a bomb 11 years ago because 3 or 4 days ago without explanation after eating, the glucose was uploaded to more than 350 I spent 2 days in a row, include correcting did not go down, I did not alter me and analyze the reason, the pump works well the teamInfusion it is well placed, there is no aiere, the insulin was fine, the bent canula was not, I have not been confused to count ractions, a saturated zone conclusion was changing the place of the equipment and all arranged.By the way I have been having diabetes for 41 years.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
10/02/2022 10:22 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

I do enough sport and you can't even imagine what frustrates me those days in which you are not going, and lately it happens to me too much.But as much as I goat and hot, the only thing that helps me is to think what change so that I do not happen again.

Maromaco's profile photo
Maromaco
10/02/2022 11:08 a.m.

I have been with DM type 1 for 40 years, I am 50 so calculate the age with which I started.I have already told it many times but I debuted there were no feathers or glucometers (they were starting), the insulin was pork, there were no sensors or pumps ...
Think that it is a roll, it has touched you a better time to debite that mine, and what they told you, little by little and without stress, take your time.I am also a family doctor in a health c and corroborate Tofo what my partner says.Much encouragement and nothing stops you.Here we are for what you need.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/21/2022 9:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.