{'en': "I don't get used to it", 'es': 'No me acostumbro'} Image

I don't get used to it

Frutilla's profile photo   09/14/2022 1:43 p.m.

Hello, I've been with diabetes for a couple of years.

At first, I had to follow the indications within the hospital, and once I left, I spent several weeks following the instructions of my doctors and educators, such as the count of food carbohydrates to administer insulin, etc.

But then I returned to my customs and habits before having diabetes.

That is, as without counting the carbohydrates of the food, and once I finish eating, I wait 2 or 3 hours and, depending on how my sugar level is, I inject x units so that I get off.

Although sometimes I need to inject the fast insulin because the units of basal insulin absorb it.

With all this, I have a question:

Does this have an impact on my metabolism?

And how can I know if my metabolism is going well, bad or regular?

Greetings,

Frutilla's profile photo
Frutilla
09/14/2022 1:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

strawberry said:
hello, I've been with diabetes for a couple with diabetes at the beginning, I had to follow the indications inside the hospital and once I left I spent several weeks following the instructions of my educating doctors, qIf the D HC count of Food for Adm the insulin blablabla but then I returned to my customs and habits D before having diabetes ... that is, as without counting the HC of the food and once I finish eating, I hope 2 or3 hours and it depends on how this sugar, because I was injected x-dis to get off, although sometimes, it has not echoed, I miss the fast.Pk the basal uds, absorbs it.And with all this, I have a doubt.This has an impact on metabolism ???And how can I know if my metabolism is going wrong or regular ???

How is your glycosilada?Do you see high values ​​in your controls often?No problems with hypos?
My opinion, which is just that, an opinion, is that if you manage your diabetes (few peaks and good glycosilada) the form does not matter.If you do well, great.But of course, we lack the information of the results of that method ...
Of course, if the results are good, well done.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/14/2022 2:20 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Frutilla to know if you are doing well is the indicator called glycosylated hemoglobin that measures your 90 -day glycemic control and its value should be below 7.

Back to your usual diet is normal but knowing more or less how much insulin put before eating or just after, depending on the metabolism of each one.
Rectify after the implication of being in high values ​​one hour and peak (which takes insulin to make elected) having been able to avoid it with the dose before eating.

It is easy, I don't tell rations, I know what I need after having eaten it other times.If I stay short, I rectify and if I pass, I like a little sweet.The normal thing is that it is right 95% of the time and get a flat glycemia curve.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/14/2022 3:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If glycosylated hemoglobin and above all the glycemia time inside the curve are expected, everything would have to go well.
Another thing is that you make many glycemia peaks of> 300mg/dl, although the aborders with fast bolus is not good to have them, theirs is to prevent them.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
09/18/2022 2:08 p.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.