What experience do you have with alcohol and drugs?

klamare's profile photo   09/28/2022 11:44 p.m.

Good, I'm sorry to talk about such a strong topic but the reality is convenient with it and I want to tell it and know if someone is like me or similar ...
I've been with type 1 diabetes for 4 years, and my control is absolute.In fact, my doctor always says that I do not have diabetes that I am going xD.
The fact is that I drink enough, always wine or glasses with zero tail, and apart (I'm going to be direct, I'm sorry) I smoke daily (as I would say tap) and coca consumption a weekend if you don't ...
What do you think about it?Is there anyone who does the same as me?Tell me family things!
A hug to all and strength💪💪

klamare's profile photo
klamare
09/28/2022 11:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You are what is called an addict, you are in the beginning and the truth is that I think you need help not24 hours now since it is forever your illness, life is wonderful and you should not miss the always with effort, help, you will get it a lot and those around you are around but the sun shines every day for you,Do not lose it❤️❤️

13wikimar's profile photo
13wikimar
09/29/2022 12:59 a.m.

Hello, I will be brief and objective.
I don't know your control with drugs but I think that anything on which one depends, well it is not.One thing is sporadic and another thing.Addictions end up taking its toll.Look to see if you can control and if not, I would worry.
How old are you?And what glycosilada?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/29/2022 7:13 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@klalare, you are hurting you because we already know what that is and what can come, and you are also spending money that is enriching unscrupulous people, and that you could use in your health, such as going to the gym, for example.
Use your head and take care of yourself, it is worth it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/29/2022 8:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@klamare: Diabetes and drugs are not a good combination.You should focus on completely abandoning drugs (all you mention).

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/29/2022 10:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I do not think you are addicted and if your controls are good, it is what really matters, now, everything happens.
I do not see badly in consuming sporadically, on special occasions, but putting you a weekend yes and another does not, your brain fries even if you do not notice.Smoking joints daily because they leave you the brain of an amoeba and alcohol, you know the problems they can bring.But come on, this to a diabetic and a non -diabetic.
I don't know very well what answers you want to find but I doubt that anyone is going to give you a pat on your back and encourage you to keep it up.
And yes, there are many diabetics that drink and drug themselves.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/29/2022 11:20 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Let's see, in my case.Alcohol practically I take almost anything.At most some beers with friends sporadically.Alcohol is a great enemy of diabetics.

Regarding drugs, I have always stayed away from opiates and alkaloids, I have never tried them, especially for their ability to create addiction.

The only thing that consumes is LSD, and in a very sporadic way, a trip every 3 or 4 months as "mental disconnection".And it has never affected my blood glucose.The only thing I do is that as during the "trips" I ingest little food, I control that I don't call me down.But at least in my case, it is something that is completely harmless.

idirak's profile photo
idirak
09/30/2022 9:26 a.m.

I will drug me all my life and take anything to me, life is only lived once !!ole !!And well -controlled glucose !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
09/30/2022 10:21 a.m.

Andrespmat said:
I get around and drink alcohol and never happen to me, life is only lived once !!ole !!And well -controlled glucose !!

To me alcohol if my glucose is very highlighted.Therefore, except brewers with friends, I don't usually take much more.

idirak's profile photo
idirak
09/30/2022 10:29 a.m.

Andrespmat said:
I get around and drink alcohol and never happen to me, life is only lived once !!ole !!And well -controlled glucose !!

😲😲😲😲

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/30/2022 2 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I don't know if you are a pussy or you are serious.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/30/2022 4:19 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

ruthbia said:
Andrespmat said:
I all life druging and drinking alcohol and never happens to me, life only lives once !!ole !!And well -controlled glucose !!

😲😲😲😲

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤗

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
09/30/2022 10:39 p.m.

@Sherpa41, it was a joke: I also got out of my hahaha

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/30/2022 11:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think the joints still help you take it controlled because they lower the blood sugar, now I don't know, I don't have that experience being diabetic.
But OLLE, it seems to me a topic like any other, each one of his life does what he wants, you will know what is good and bad for your health especially mental 😂

María93's profile photo
María93
10/03/2022 8:02 a.m.

idirak said:
to see, in my case.Alcohol practically I take almost anything.At most some beers with friends sporadically.Alcohol is a great enemy of diabetics.

Regarding drugs, I have always stayed away from opiates and alkaloids, I have never tried them, especially for their ability to create addiction.

The only thing that consumes is LSD, and in a very sporadic way, a trip every 3 or 4 months as "mental disconnection".And it has never affected my blood glucose.The only thing I do is that as during the "trips" I ingest little food, I control that I don't call me down.But at least in my case, it is something that is completely harmless.

The LSD innocuous?!

Emily's profile photo
Emily
10/04/2022 12:16 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

I drink a crown beer from time to time, neither tobacco, nor porros, nor coca, nor anything.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
10/04/2022 12:18 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

emily said:
idirak said:
to see, in my case.Alcohol practically I take almost anything.At most some beers with friends sporadically.Alcohol is a great enemy of diabetics.

The LSD innocuous?!

Innocuous regarding blood glucose.

idirak's profile photo
idirak
10/04/2022 12:42 p.m.

I will try to be sincere, without wanting to harm you.
I do not believe that either is good, by my well and controlled that you have the disease, and especially in the long term.Since both generate dependence and in the face of a disease they will make it get worse.
My father usually drinks and smoking tobacco, despite having diagnosed diabetes.He has not already given some scare and the doctors have told him (and we also) to leave him or reduce his consumption, but he does it in secret and the situation is not pleasant.

marivi's profile photo
marivi
01/12/2023 5:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.