{'en': 'Insulin sensitivity', 'es': 'Sensibilidad a la insulina'} Image

Insulin sensitivity

almuvaldes22's profile photo   09/27/2022 4:44 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I don't know if you can help me, I've been with type1 diabetes for two years 1 units and fiasp in las.comida.

Suddenly it would have changed the sensibility to insulin and tend to hypoglycemia at the time or an hour and a half after breakfast to eat and sometimes dinner ... but also between hours it tends rather down .. The only thingDifferent that I have changed is that I go out to walk 1 hour in the morning, I don't know if it will have had so much to do with that ...

Would you have to lower slow and fast?

I've been 5 days ...

Greetings and thanks!

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
09/27/2022 4:44 p.m.

Sugarsugar

@almovaldes22, if you wake up, you will have to lower the slow.
With exercise, less insulin is usually needed.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/27/2022 5:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks ... I think I will do that..si.frimo go down Ka and A.verThe slow one, and if you still go down after meals, go down the fast as well.
With exercise, less insulin is usually needed.

almuvaldes22
09/27/2022 5:31 p.m.

Sugarsugar

almovaldes22 said:
good afternoon I don't know if you can help me, I've been with type1 diabetes for two years1 I use three units and fiasp in Las.comida.Suddenly it is.And sometimes. Dennn ... but tbn between hours has rather a.the low ... the only different one that changed is that I go out to walk 1 hour in the morning, I don't know if it will have had so much to do with that ... I would haveWhat slow and fast?I have been 5 days ago .. greetings and thanks

Of course, walking changes.I walk every day and if one day I am not much higher that day and the next one (until I go out).As they tell you you will have to try to download insulin while exercising.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/27/2022 5:45 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The fiasp maximum action curve is 30 to 90 minutes when there is more insulin in blood and coincides with your hypos, the slow one goes up or down depending on how you get up, of course as Isabel says the walk reduces insulin resistance

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
09/27/2022 6:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Try to go out without active insulin.If breakfast and go out with fast insulin in an hour or less I have insured hypoglycemia.
I even go out to fast.I take a fruit and a protein bread sandwich and take it along the way when I go to 80.
These tricks work me, but each one is a world.I share it in case you want to try and see how you are doing.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/27/2022 10:06 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I am 100% agree that physical activity affects ... and a lot!Or at least in my case, the day I do sports, then I have to watch much more with insulin, or easy I do hypo ... the same if not, that in that case I tend to hyper.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/28/2022 3:01 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much for answering at the moment I have lowered 1 unity and I will see ... and the quick to see how such ... will have to adjust tbien.
As for not going out xon insulin.

almuvaldes22
09/28/2022 4:08 p.m.

Sugarsugar

It is clear that exercise eats glucose.
When muscles need energy, exercise is curious, but they cheat and eat glucose without insulin.
So if you have put yourself as always and have exercised you have put yourself more, hence the sugar goes down.
If you take for a habit, walk an hour a day you can talk to your doctor to adjust the medication, although in the end you are going to know better than anyone your body.
Everything to reduce medication is good, so go ahead on that path.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
10/02/2022 4:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.