{'en': 'Hyperglycemia at night', 'es': 'Hiperglucemia por la noche'} Image

Hyperglycemia at night

anabela's profile photo   10/02/2022 1:12 p.m.

Good morning.

I have been watching very high figures for several weeks at night.

I know that there is the phenomenon of dawn or dawn, but in my case the climb occurs between twelve at night and two in the morning, so it seems very early to me so that the climb occurs for that reason.

I am an insulin bomb user and I have already increased the basal dose during those sections and in the previous hours, but for now I have not seen results.

I also ruled out that it is the Somogy effect, because there is no rebound effect that justifies the subsequent hyperglycemia.

Nor is it due to food, because I have been reducing carbohydrates at dinner to the maximum.

And I also rule out incidents with the bomb, insertion zone, insulin in poor condition ... because for the day I am in correct values.

Any idea?

Just a month ago I had consult with my endocrine, but any of this still happened to me, so in a few months I did not see her again.

Thank you.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
10/02/2022 1:12 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
10/02/2022 1:18 p.m.

Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)

You have to be very careful with the proteins and the fats you eat for dinner since they raise blood glucose from 3 or 4 hours.If you no longer have active fast insulin, the peak is inevitable.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/02/2022 8:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Thank you @ricky21, I have also taken it into account.As I have been with this situation for several weeks, I have tried to go to bed almost without dinner, with a yogurt and voila, and even if I do not occur hyperglycemia.I have contacted my endocrine, to see if it "illuminates me", because I am very lost.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
10/03/2022 2:39 p.m.

Maybe this link helps you something: Link researchers%%20CREEN%20que%20LA, level%20de%20az%C3%Bacar%20en%20Sangre.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/03/2022 3:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Ah, he had ruled out that it was that phenomenon because where I read it, he talked about it later, around 6 or 7h in the morning.But in WL you send it can be from 2h.What I don't know is because that hormonal change is suddenly produced, I will talk to my endocrine.For now I have continued to increase night basal, to see if I get something.Thank you very much @ricky21.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
10/03/2022 9:37 p.m.

Exactly the same thing happens to me for three or four days.Even sleeping with 80 glycemia, at 12 the glass shoe falls and I climb the clouds.I have uploaded a slow unit and I have improved a little.Nor had it neglected the dinners, well light and well controlled.
Maybe it is the change of station and it happens to us when we adapt.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/04/2022 11:48 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Is the same thing about @ENSALADA?Well, I think I had thought about everything but the change of station 😂😂😂.After 24 years, this "unwanted" travel companion does not cease to surprise me.Hopefully with the increase in slow insulin you do well.I, when bombing, I will continue to increase the night basal, to see if I can stop spending the nights in the clouds.All the best.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
10/04/2022 7:46 p.m.

It happens to me in all the stations, at 3 in the morning it starts to climb.There are days that do not happen, but I am very few nights.I have tried everything to rise slowly, not to have dinner, to get lower after dinner, not to have proteins, and nothing I find the solution.
The only thing I have left to try is to change the slow schedule, to see if I find the moment and do it, but the changes and I do not make good crumbs;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/07/2022 9:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Anaisabel, I also try to be very cautious with the changes, hence my initial doubts to raise the basal ones.Regular, if I make adjustments, I go up or 0.05 or 0.1 units per sections.On this occasion I have ended up going up at night to 0.4 and 0.5, so it seems that I am controlling it.In your case, when using bolis, it can be a good idea to advance the time of the slow nighttime, to cover you the rise of the 3h at the time of greater action of insulin Good luck!

anabela's profile photo
anabela
10/08/2022 9:31 a.m.

No one has fallen into that that is solved by changing the target in the pump and if you use a sensor in the sensor

yolayol's profile photo
yolayol
10/09/2022 2:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

anabela said:
is the same thing happening to you?Well, I think I had thought about everything but the change of station 😂😂😂.After 24 years, this "unwanted" travel companion does not cease to surprise me.Hopefully with the increase in slow insulin you do well.I, when bombing, I will continue to increase the night basal, to see if I can stop spending the nights in the clouds.All the best.

It has already happened to me.It lasted three or four days.I have lower the slow and have more stable values ​​again.I'm getting used to files X of diabetes.Inexplicable, incomprehensible phenomena and, luckily, they leave as they came.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/09/2022 6:51 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.