{'en': 'Kelly Osbourne is diagnosed with gestational diabetes', 'es': 'Kelly Osbourne es diagnosticada con diabetes gestacional'} Image

Kelly Osbourne is diagnosed with gestational diabetes

fer's profile photo   10/03/2022 10:18 a.m.

Last May, Kelly released the news that she was pregnant with her first son of her boyfriend Sid Wilson, a famous member of the rock band Slipknot.

Kelly Osbourne knew that something was not going well when she entered her third trimester of pregnancy.After urging her doctor to examine more closely some of her symptoms, such as rapid weight gain, unusual fatigue and swelling of the ankles, the singer received a diagnosis she did not expect to receive.

"First of all, gestational diabetes is not your fault," Osbourne said in an interview with People magazine, before commemorating the first national day without sugar, on October 3, in the United States.

"I was diagnosed by entering the third quarter, so I did not developed it as some people who have it from the beginning when they are pregnant. I got it in the third quarter and, basically, I thought it was something that had done wrong," Kelly described.

According to CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), gestational diabetes occurs when the body of a pregnant woman cannot produce enough insulin, a hormone created by the pancreas that allows the entry of blood sugar.Although all women have some insulin resistance, gestational diabetes only affects 2% -10% of pregnancies.

After analyzing its diet in depth, the British star decided to make some changes and began to eliminate sugar and monitor its carbohydrate consumption."Throughout pregnancy, I have not had any craving, except sugar, something I had never had before," said the singer who expects her first baby with Slipknot musician, Sid Wilson."I wasn't eating well."

Once her new meal plan began to continue her course, the future mom noticed several changes almost instantly."I have lost 5 kilos during pregnancy," the London shared."As soon as I eliminated the sugar, I had a little headache for a while. I will not lie. It is a little shock for your system," he added.

As the end of his pregnancy is approaching, Kelly, who says "feels very good," wants the new moms around the world not to worry if they receive the same diagnosis.

"I wish I would have had this type of incentive before, because I have never been able to fulfill anything one hundred percent as I have done because I do not do it for me," said the artist."I do it for my baby. But I've learned."

As a first -time mom, it is somewhat logical that Kelly Osbourne feels some fears related to motherhood -and everything she wraps -but above all, for how the welcome of a new being will affect her mental health, which for years has beencontroversial object.Therefore, the singer and presenter revealed her decision not to breastfeed her son once she gives birth.

During his passage through the 'Red Table Talk' program, conducted by Jada Pinkett Smith, the most famous daughter of the Osbourne said: "I have decided that I will continue with my medication instead of breastfeeding my baby and the trials I have received from myFriends and also from the political family have been wild. "

But despite criticism, the actress is aware that the best thing for her will inevitably be the best for her baby, so she has ignored the opinion of others.Confundent, Kelly said: "The best thing for me will be the best for my baby."

For the British star, pregnancy has been another "hardest, most wild and most wild" experiences, since since then he has been the victim of his own hormones.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/03/2022 10:18 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.