{'en': 'My experience lately with the free freeyle sensor 2', 'es': 'Mi experiencia ultimamente con el sensor FreeStyle Libre2'} Image

My experience lately with the free freeyle sensor 2

cacharro's profile photo   10/08/2022 7:36 p.m.

Hello again.

Apart from this sensor I also have the one of before, a One Touch Verio to do the blood tests. Apart of the Freesyle, the endo also gave me two daily strips for the Verio.

These last night I have been doing tests with the two (I have many strips of Ants) and I see that blood controls are almost always between 30 and 50 higher than the sensor.

That is to say that if I lie with the sensor in 160, in Verio I will have 200.I(I have it in 85) And if that happens, I look at the Verio and even marks me 130 or 140.

After several days I get the conclusion that the sensor is not very reliable and I suppose that the good is in the tests of the Verio, that is, in blood.

I have also noticed that in blood is approaching the sensor if I have glucose in low measures, but as you have the highest glucose, in Sandre the difference also increases reaching 50 above the sensor.

A curious thing is that if I take something, the Verio in the blood rises to 5 minutes, but the sensor needs (in my case) about half an hour.

My conclusion that Tomè some days ago is: putting the low glucose alarm in 85, so it gives me time to take something before detecting a "low glucose event" that at the moment I had none.

That is to say: be with low levels in the sensor 110-130 and if by carelessness low glucose drink me something, (little according to the experience) and do not pay much attention to it. It is only at night that I try to be a little higher.

In short, the sensor is good for low glucose warnings and that you can test as many times as you want, but I think that more reliable is the verio in blood.

Any experience?

Thank you.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
10/08/2022 7:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning, I changed my sensor on Saturday and every night I skip the alarm for hiccups (I have 75).
I also have the verio and it gives me more or less the same differences as you.
On Saturday night I got with sensor 71 and I checked it and gave me 149.
It is my second sensor and with the first I did not have those problems.I checked it day, no day and the values ​​were more or less similar in capillary and freestyle sensor.
Maybe it has been defective, I don't know.As I said above I have been 10 days since I placed the first.
The truth is that these differences do not give you much confidence, although the truth that I prefer that small than default, right?

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/11/2022 9:41 a.m.

@Cacharro That is that the sensor is defective.They have to change it.That has happened to me in several since this summer and I have changed them.Put on a new one and try to see.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/11/2022 9:53 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello.
I have a few days left with this sensor and to see what happens with the next way I have to go to the endocrine in a month or so and see what he says. Mi "technical" is the following: I let the glucose fall tolevels of 100-120 or that I whistle with the sensor with low glucose alarm. Today I did a job at home and at 5 in the afternoon I whistle with low glucose alarm (if the glucose is low there is less noise with the capillary)Tomè a glass of milk with a little cola-cao and holy hand. As I have the low alarm in the sensor to 85 I never have low-down symptoms, in addition to the capillary test I gave me 120. For the night it is already anothersing and it is better as Sandman sinning for excess than by default, but always within a level that does not become dangerous in the long run. I always get up to the bathroom a couple of times and always look at her forIf this is the case, I think the hair results are always somewhat higher than in the sensor and as you know to "lift" a hypo is more rapid the capillary than the sensor.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
10/11/2022 7:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.