Type 1 diabetes and colds

MotherMom's profile photo   10/09/2022 12:21 a.m.

Good night!I am the mother of a 19 month old boy who debuted last month, and since lately he's a bit cold I am a bit worried.Does a cold affect you a lot to those who have type 1 diabetes?More than anything I am seeing that blood glucose uploads more than normal and until Monday I have no visit with your doctor ... it is so small that you still cannot tell me how it feels and I am in a 'without living'.Thanks for your help.

MotherMom's profile photo
MotherMom
10/09/2022 12:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Mothermom, yes, any infection or cold can raise glucose.I do not know if any dose will have given you the pediatrician to correct high values ​​or increase slow, in such young children it is very little insulin who need to correct.
But it will return to its values ​​when it is better.
Anyway, as they grow you will have to increase insulin doses, according to their values ​​when waking or after meals.
You will have to give guidelines on how to do it.
Ask your doctor or educator.
Little by little you will control it better and better, do not get overwhelmed that everything will go well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/09/2022 3:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina Thank you very much.Yes, every week they see the values ​​and correct depending on what is going out ... yes I have a table to correct depending on what comes out.Right right now, I see that very high values ​​come out and it sounded to me that viruses and others do that effect.Thank you again for the help.

MotherMom's profile photo
MotherMom
10/09/2022 8:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.