{'en': 'I am new in the forum', 'es': 'Soy nuevo en el foro'} Image

I am new in the forum

Sandman's profile photo   10/11/2022 10:04 a.m.

Good morning,

I just joined this forum.I am type 1 diabetic, diagnosed on Christmas Eve 2019, and I couldn't believe it because in my circle I didn't know anyone with diabetes, or family, or friends.

Until September 30 I have remained from honeymoon and state making practically normal life.I only put me 17 slowly at night and controlling the hydrates had glycos these years between 5.7 and 6.1.The last one has already been 6.9

From the 30th I already started with Novorapid at meals.At the moment little, 2-3-2, and until the end of this month I do not see the nurse to explain the count of rations and others.

For me, even if he debuted almost 3 years ago, it is as if he debuted again.

Greetings to all the members of the forum and thank you very much for what you help those we started.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/11/2022 10:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the @sandman forum I hope we can help you, share what you know and ask what you need.

On the honeymoon, if you have lasted 3 years, it seems to me a lot, I think that in that sense you have been very lucky.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/11/2022 10:06 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer Well, it seemed too little to me: D

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/11/2022 10:15 a.m.

@Sandman, welcome by the forum.I think as @Fer: Three years are a lot to endure on a honeymoon.And what they have told you, here we are for what you need.Surely you can also contribute a lot.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/11/2022 2:41 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Welcome!

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/11/2022 4:20 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

sandman said:
good morning, I just joined this forum.I am type 1 diabetic, diagnosed on Christmas Eve 2019, and I couldn't believe it because in my circle I didn't know anyone with diabetes, or family, or friends.
Until September 30 I have remained from honeymoon and state making practically normal life.I only put me 17 slowly at night and controlling the hydrates had glycos these years between 5.7 and 6.1.The last one has already been 6.9
From the 30th I already started with Novorapid at meals.At the moment little, 2-3-2, and until the end of this month I do not see the nurse to explain the count of rations and others.
Greetings to all the members of the forum and thank you very much for what you help those we start.

Hello!!!I wanted to ask you if from the beginning you used slow or not.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
10/19/2022 3:42 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Welcome.Any questions that arise do not hesitate to ask.

Prother's profile photo
Prother
10/19/2022 4:59 p.m.

Varon de 28 años con diabetes tipo 1 desde 2015. Minimed 780G y Guardian 4 con Humalog

smartinez said:
sandman said:
good morning, I just joined this forum.I am type 1 diabetic, diagnosed on Christmas Eve 2019, and I couldn't believe it because in my circle I didn't know anyone with diabetes, or family, or friends.
Greetings to all the members of the forum and thank you very much for what you help those we start.

Hello!!!I wanted to ask you if from the beginning you used slow or not.

Good afternoon, @Smartinez, I debuted on December 24, 2019 in the morning and on the 26th I went to see my doctor who prescribed the lantus (in principle only 10 units at night) explained how to prick and until mid -Februarythat the endocrine saw me I had to look for life to assimilate and understand what I had touched.
As I said, I have been making a practically normal life until a month ago, even drinking something on weekends, and eating more or less.I have only varying the slow (Abasaglar) to about 17 units that was putting me lately.
The truth is that I have had "luck", if you can say so, because since this cross has touched me, at least I have had almost 3 years of honeymoon to gradually assimilate everything.I have been able to continue living as before the debut.
Now that I just started with the fast, I am beginning to discover other facets of the disease, such as hypos (I never had any).Last night at 4 in the morning I was still awake because I corrected something after dinner and then began to go down, he stayed at 70 and did not even go to the three: D
The next day I go to the educator to count hydrates and others, which in those 3 years have not yet explained anything on the subject.
A question to the community: the endocrine has put me 14 of Abasaglar at night and 2/3/2 of Novorapid.I notice that I am quite short at almost all meals (I have quite pronounced peaks, especially at breakfast and dinner) can I change these guidelines or should I wait to see it again in mid -January?

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/19/2022 6:56 p.m.

@Sandman, the breakfast peaks can be corrected by waiting time, 15 min, for example.If you see that you are still high two hours later, then you would have to upload the quick.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/19/2022 7:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Sandman breakfast always peak, to avoid or soften them, you have to put the rapid between 20 and 30 min before as @regina says depending on the sensitivity of each one.
If you stay high in meals, it is because you need fast units since between hours only the slow one acts and if you upload it, you may have nocturnal hypoglycemia.As you are very sensitive, it rectifies with 1 units above 180 or more, but will give you hypoglycemia
When you learn to count rations, you will have to keep in mind that for each meal there are different sensibilities for the same portions (grams of HC);The educator will set the sensitivity by ration, for example: 1 ration (10 g of HC) = 1.5 insulin unit at breakfast (ratio 1: 1.5), the same to eat can be 1: 1 and forSwaper 1: 0.5.There are applications for this, you put the values ​​that the educator sets you and when you put what you are going to eat and tell you how many insulin units are needed.(In my case it was with a glucometer)
Over time you will do it by eye, they take a week to control but with the sensor you will have it easy.
Over the years, viruses, bacteria, etc.the ratios change.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/19/2022 7:21 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.