{'en': "Don Sacarino's viral manual to take diabetes to the youngest", 'es': 'El manual viral de Don Sacarino para llevar la diabetes a los más jóvenes'} Image

Don Sacarino's viral manual to take diabetes to the youngest

fer's profile photo   10/11/2022 10:33 a.m.

The nurse Adrián Díaz has been disseminating over the disease for more than six years through its different social networks.

Adrián Díaz is a pediatric nurse, but on social networks everyone knows him as Don Sacarino.The reason?It is the name of the project in which it has been immersed for more than six years where it disseminates Diabetes, a disease that Diagnico diagnosed with fifteen years.Through its website and social networks, the nurse shares information and advises families about how to address this disease in the little ones.

"Two years after approving Eir Square, while I was specializing in Pediatrics in Lorca, I realized that there was no figure of an educator in diabetes that could guide families," explains the nurse, confessing that "you have to"Be luck even so that within the same country, depending on the area where you live, you have access to certain professionals or not. ”"There this absence was covered by the Lorca Diabetics Association itself," he admits.Precisely, at that time, it was when he first thought about "creating a space, oriented to children and relatives, where anyone could go and know more about diabetes."

At first Don Sacarino began as a web page, but with the boom of social networks, "it immediately expanded.""In fact, right now Instagram is the network where I receive more consultations, although it changes," he admits to this newspaper, ensuring that for him it is "the most comfortable platform and with which he can reach a greater volume of people."Meanwhile, currently on its website, it collects information, guides and infographics "so that they are filed there."

As a nurse and diabetic, is the disease different?

As a pediatric nurse and also as a diabetic, Díaz acknowledges that "both things help him to address the disease in the little ones.""It is true that there are a number of points when it comes to treating both a child and adult with diabetes in which I would never enter, because I consider that they are not my competitions," admits the nurse.However, he acknowledges that "with children and their families who write, at a private level, it works very diverse aspects.""Many times they just need to talk to someone who understands them, they make up with having a person to support them," he says, confessing that sometimes families with diabetic children "feel homeless."

"It seems incredible to me some basic questions that families ask me, related to products or foods, because it means that they would not want to be provided with minimum information about diabetes," says the nurse.Therefore, it affects, the importance of having channels to which much of the population can reach, such as social networks, and disseminate on it.And that, precisely for this reason, a project like Don Sacarino "never has an end point."

"Sometimes, families who have diabetic children just need someone to talk to and understand them"

However, Díaz states that you also have to be careful with the other hidden face of Instagram."Families have a tendency to always compare themselves with the one next door, or more on social networks, they think that others manage it better than them," he says, admitting that "he always makes it clear that if diabetes is a very complicated base disease, with children it is even more. ”"In the case of the little ones, for example, how insulin is distributed during the day is changing over time, they are cases full of particularities," he says.

"In the end with diabetes we all learn, I am the first one that in these six years being Don Sacarino I have learned a lot from other areas such as Nutrition," admits Díaz, who recognizes "never having lived a conflict in social networks withother colleagues by profession. ”However, he states that since the pandemic "such dissemination is not made as years ago, Covid has hurt not only from the medical point of view, it has also ended with the desire to spread from many professionals."

fer's profile photo
fer
10/11/2022 10:33 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Very good D. Sacarino.I am surprised that I have no more followers.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/12/2022 4:37 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.