{'en': 'FIASP doubt', 'es': 'Duda Fiasp'} Image

FIASP doubt

Prother's profile photo   10/16/2022 1:44 a.m.

Good to all.

I have been with Fiasp for about a year (I changed a novorapid because at work I could not do the waiting times), but lately it is lacking me too much.

This morning (120 glucose) I have breakfast 100 grams of whole wheat bread (5 rations) Well, I put 3 units of FIASP just when I make the intake.The problem is that at the time it was in 70 and descending trend (as if I had not eaten anything).I took a zumito and bounced at two hours of 300.

It gives me the feeling that Fiasp takes effect before my body has digested breakfast.In the afternoon I notice that it only takes effect two hours, because after a lunch it keeps me only at two hours, then it shoots up to 250 and I have to spend the whole afternoon correcting.

Do you advise me to return to novorapid or inject fiasp after meals?

Thank you so much!!!

Prother's profile photo
Prother
10/16/2022 1:44 a.m.

Varon de 28 años con diabetes tipo 1 desde 2015. Minimed 780G y Guardian 4 con Humalog

@Prother, I don't know the FIASP, but it seems that it does not cover the food ..., if it always happens to you, you can try to put it after eating, and if it is not fixed, it returns to the novorapid or the Humalog, thanThey last more than three hours.
What slow do you use?Some slow ones are so flat that they notice the rise of heavy meals when the rapid is finished and better low meals in hydrates.
But if you were better the novorapid, try it again.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/16/2022 3:56 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The FIASP action curve has a maximum peak between 30 and 90 minutes from there begins to descend, what I do when I am going to drink hydrates is to put half before eating and the other half at the end, Iworks.

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
10/16/2022 10:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Prother: I returned to Novorapid because the same thing happened to me.I was very overwhelmed to be with the food in my mouth and the whistling sensor went down.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/16/2022 11:06 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

regina said:
@prother, I don't know the fiasp, but it seems that the food does not cover you .., if it always happens to you, you can try to put it after eating, and ifIt does not fix, it returns to the novorapid or the Humalog, which lasts more than three hours.
What slow do you use?Some slow ones are so flat that they notice the rise of heavy meals when the rapid is finished and better low meals in hydrates.
But if you were better the novorapid, try it again.

Hi Regina, currently you use Tresiba.

Prother's profile photo
Prother
10/16/2022 11:35 a.m.

Varon de 28 años con diabetes tipo 1 desde 2015. Minimed 780G y Guardian 4 con Humalog

ricki21 said:
@prother: I returned to novorapid because the same thing happened to me.I was very overwhelmed to be with the food in my mouth and the whistling sensor went down.

How much waiting time do you normally do with Novorapid?

Prother's profile photo
Prother
10/16/2022 11:38 a.m.

Before breakfast, 15/20 minutes;Food: 10 minutes;Dinner: 5 minutes.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/16/2022 12:17 p.m.

I turned to Novorapid because Fiast at breakfast had an effect at 60 min, just like novorapid and lasted me 2 hours, I didn't cover the digestions.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/16/2022 11:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I returned to novorapid because fiast at breakfast took effect at 60 min, just like novorapid and lasted me 2 hours, I didn't cover the digestions.

How curious.To me lately it makes the opposite effect, it seems that my digestion has slowed down and is going to hypoglycemia when having breakfast and then bounces.

Prother's profile photo
Prother
10/17/2022 9:21 a.m.

@Prother I asked for fiasp to try, I still have it in the electronic recipe, but a month I discarded it.I gave the vials for missions, some nuns.
I wanted to avoid breakfast peaks and did not get it because it took me a lot to take effect, so I had breakfast at 40 min (before I went to work) and saw a great 250, when I had an effect I did not go down to Normoglycemia, "I had spent the action time "and then in meals and dinners it was high because my digestion was longer and Fiasp had exhausted a little before 2 hours.

I talked to the endocrine and told me not to all go well.Over time the metabolism changes.
I stayed with Novorapid, I have more action and get better glycems.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/17/2022 11:39 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Prother: If at the time of having eaten you are in hicc, you may have the FIASP.Another inconvenience of Fiasp for me is that the hypos cost more about removing and ends very easily in the "stratosphere."

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/17/2022 1:49 p.m.

My fiasp had a good time, at first I just put it on breakfast, but now I no longer use Novorapid.
Well now I have been breakfast and at the time or an hour and a half, the glycemia chopped and of course I have to put insulin in the middle of the morning.What can it be?It had never happened to me even someday ate something mid -morning without insulin.
I am trying to find out what it can be.I have not changed anything.
I put threeiba at 2pm, can it not last 24h?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/17/2022 3:18 p.m.

@Anaisabel, you can try what happens if you don't have breakfast .., so you can see if it is breakfast or that falls short three ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/17/2022 4:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

It seems very good idea @regina, now that I'm going to have a mini vacation, I will try it.
Thank you so much

Anaisabel
10/17/2022 5:01 p.m.

@regina, reviewing the Diabox calendar, just happens to me since I take a pill for cholesterol.Could that be?

Anaisabel
10/17/2022 6:19 p.m.

@Anaisabel, some statins can increase fasting glucose a bit ..., try to see if you don't take it one day ... and maybe they can change it for another.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/17/2022 7:39 p.m.

The Fiasp seems to me, I am super happy with her.They have put it in pregnancy but I will not return to Novorapid.
What surely will be to return to the Tresiba because I have to inject many more units from Toujeo.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/18/2022 10:19 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.