{'en': 'I continue with the diabetes and paracetamol rat', 'es': 'Sigo con la matraca de diabetes y paracetamol'} Image

I continue with the diabetes and paracetamol rat

cacharro's profile photo   08/30/2022 5:34 p.m.

Well, as I am with Covid Ando looking at this of the reason for my high glucose results, I think, because I take Paraceta.

A while ago I looked at me with the sensor and I gave me 116 going down rapid.

But since I know the score, I look at 5 minutes and give me 149 changing slowly ...... ??? ...

To know if the sensor is drunk or it is a thing of the virus I look at it in the blood strip with the verio and give me ....... 150 .... they coincide.

But my concern as I explain in another post is the glucose so high that I have and I have to double insulin to have acceptable values ​​and, do many tests. I was in some parameters of my shots, I decided that indeed, the paraceta raises the glucose.

I say up !!Because this read in a page that I copy and hit:

---------
Therefore, there may be many diabetic patients, who become the self -control of blood glucose and also take paracetamol.

A work has just been published that alerts the fact that paracetamol interferes with the measurement of blood glucose levels in most glucometers, giving false values ​​much higher, which can condition the dose of the antidiabetic in an inadequate way andTherefore, cause very harmful consequences for patients
---------

I do not argue that they give higher values ​​but I disagree that they are false (at least in my case) because, if an assume gives me for example.250 and I supplement with 3 or 4 units, later it can give me around 150 or so. (In my case).

Now, if my 250 test were high and false, with that amount of supplement, I would have hypoglycemia! And it is not so.

Therefore and in view of my tests, I disagree that the measures are false upwards, I do not know if it is understood, what do you think?Thank you

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
08/30/2022 5:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Cacharro, the paracetamol do you take it because you have a fever?
Maybe you can stop taking it.., Or you can fix with something else for cough or throat.
If the dose is not very high and you have no symptoms of hypoglycemia, it does not seem to influence glycemia.
Get well soon.
The truth is that I had Covid and how I thought it was a cold I only took a couldina and lizipain and I had no cough.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/30/2022 7:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Each body is a world.Surely the study is based on real data.
I take paintamol for pain from time to time and I have not noticed alterations in glucose.
The Covid did not affect me at all the first time and the second was only tired the first day and with discomfort, no fever.A little cough and chubby ganglia, but I didn't test any, I thought I had caught cold in Ireland or on the return flight.At 3 days I saw on TV that the new strain was in a cold with those same symptoms.

Now I have a virus in my eye and if it is altering glycemia;In addition to pain and one appearance .... what are we going .... could already be October 31 because it was going to be authentic.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/31/2022 8:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, thank you very much again. As each body is a world, in my case I think it is the happy virus!Because today I make 5 days (6 counting the same day that the stop gave me), so I think I am defeating the bug. My woman I already had one day or two before me, a test was done this morning and alreadyI am negative. I hope that tomorrow is already "clean." to finish the task, my son also has it since yesterday ..

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
08/31/2022 12:20 p.m.

There I read that paracetamol can affect glucometer readings.In other words, it is not that glycemia raises you but that the device measures badly.

marine's profile photo
marine
08/31/2022 2:15 p.m.

@Cacharro Covid affects glucose normally, I spent a week needing much more insulin.Do not overwhelm, when the virus leaves your glycemia will return to normal.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/31/2022 5:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.