{'en': 'Obligated reading for all of us.', 'es': 'Lectura obligada para todos nosotros.'} Image

Obligated reading for all of us.

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo   10/16/2022 12:23 p.m.

Dear companions,

A book has fallen into my hands that I found very interesting, so I share with pleasure with you.

"The glucose revolution"
Author: Jessie Inchauspé.
Editorial: Diana (Editorial Planeta)

If someone has read it, share your experience;If you have not read it, read it and comment.

Thank you very much!
Ismael.

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo
Ismael Forcada Bagant
10/16/2022 12:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I read it a few months ago, some things seemed interesting but others, it seems to me that it is aimed at the general population but of course, the DM type 1 have specific characteristics.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/16/2022 1:13 p.m.

Dear Meginer:
Thank you very much for your comment.

Ismael Forcada Bagant
10/16/2022 6:20 p.m.

I have it reserved in the library, tomorrow I will pick it up, I will tell when reading it Link "Style =" Max-Width: 300px;

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
10/16/2022 8:09 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

For those who have already read it ... can you say if you have any interesting content for people with type 1 or 2 diabetes?

fer's profile photo
fer
10/19/2022 9:54 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Estimated Fer:
It teaches you how to avoid glucose peaks and have controlled insulin needs.In diabetes 1 and 2 it explains how the order of food intake makes the difference in glucose levels and of course insulin needs: eating the same in different order affects blood glucose.

Ismael Forcada Bagant
10/19/2022 10:25 a.m.

fer said:
for those who have already read it ... Can you say if you have any interesting content for people with type 1 or 2 diabetes?

Yes, highly recommended.Especially to avoid glycemic spikes and on the other hand such as maintaining a flat glycemic curve.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
10/19/2022 11:45 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

fer said:
for those who have already read it ... Can you say if you have any interesting content for people with type 1 or 2 diabetes?

I don't know how you will be type 1, but I see it more focused on people with type 2 diabetes, pre diabetes and healthy people in general.Because I don't know, but I with my Modly3 that my pancreas is stopping working, if I eat some legumes I don't care that I first put a salad or vice versa, in the end in my case the secret is directly to eat half of the dishand twice salad.Or for example, give type advice that if you eat something type of a candy that you are going to walk or exercise a little while after this is my diabetes educator

The info is cool but in my opinion it reduces many diseases to glucose peaks and seems quite reductionist.It is recorded that I follow her in Insta and that's why I bought the book

Nila's profile photo
Nila
10/19/2022 2:40 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

In any talk with several diabetics on a terrace, taking something, you learn more.In my case the order of food does not affect me, if there is something with a greater glycemics index, it will rise to me if or if.
As several have already commented, I see it as an introduction to type two diabetes, more than type one.
With the information given by the endocrine, plus educating nurses, cover more practical aspects.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
10/23/2022 10:30 p.m.

_ tacker _ said:
In any talk with several diabetics on a terrace, taking something, you learn more.In my case the order of food does not affect me, if there is something with a greater glycemics index, it will rise to me if or if.
As several have already commented, I see it as an introduction to type two diabetes, more than type one.
With the information given by the endocrine, plus educating nurses, cover more practical aspects.

To which they give information.Because they have given me exactly zero ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/23/2022 10:45 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Well, if you give information @isabelbota, 20 years ago they only talked about peaks and curves, of hydrates nothing.
I had no diabetological education, I have gone to the endocrine every 3 or 4 months and that's it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/24/2022 9:13 a.m.

The book is interesting, I recommend Dr Bernstein's book, it is essential for those who have diabetes, if someone wants it, I can pass the PDF

AnibalJ's profile photo
AnibalJ
10/24/2022 11:37 a.m.

Estimated Aníbal:
Can you send me Dr. Bernstein's book, please?
My email is: elpais1984@gmail.com
Thanks a lot.

Ismael Forcada Bagant
10/24/2022 1:06 p.m.

anibalj said:
The book is interesting, I recommend the book of Dr Bernstein, it is essential for those who have diabetes, if someone wants it, I can pass it to you the PDF

Hla @anibalj you would be so kind to move it to this e-mail :: plaster
P.S.The Dr Bernstein, thanks again

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
10/24/2022 6:30 p.m.

Dear Anibal already offered in the past to send the book of Dr Bernstein and ask for it in the private without success.Please send it to me if you are so kind to the email: Javiergalldo1963@yahoo.com
Much obliged

javiergallardo1963's profile photo
javiergallardo1963
10/24/2022 10:01 p.m.

@Anibalj has already arrived, thank you very much and here we are, in what can help you,

All the best!!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
10/24/2022 10:55 p.m.

Thank you very much Anibal has also reached me

javiergallardo1963's profile photo
javiergallardo1963
10/25/2022 4:04 a.m.

Estimated Aníbal:
Book received, thank you very much.

Ismael Forcada Bagant
10/25/2022 2 p.m.

anibalj said:
The book is interesting, I recommend the book of Dr Bernstein, it is essential for those who have diabetes, if someone wants it, I can pass it to you the PDF

Good morning Aníbal, can you send it to this email?gmelerot@gmail.com
Thank you so much

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
10/30/2022 12:21 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

Andrespmat said:
@anibalj has already arrived, thank you very much and here we are, in what can help you,

Greetings !!

Good afternoon:
Could you forward it to me?Manueljosportillo@yahoo.es.
Thank you

manueljoseportillo's profile photo
manueljoseportillo
10/30/2022 12:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.