{'en': 'How was your first moment?', 'es': '¿Cómo fue vuestro primer momento?'} Image

How was your first moment?

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo   09/26/2022 10:05 a.m.

@Colivenco, is that I had to have sent you to the hospital from the first moment. With those values, a dose of insulin to the eye .. and home ... a danger.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/02/2022 10:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, my case was different: looking for something else, I was detected several problems that I ignored what I had, and one was a tumor in the pancreas.I was not diabetic.But there was another more urgent problem that had to be solved and that was the first one that they addressed surgically, and then they took care of something else and the pancreas, they did different tests and decided to wait to operate while they were controlling it.

When they detected that the tumor grew they decided to operate immediately.I never had tumor -related symptoms, or pain, or anything.I became diabetics at the same time that 2/3 of pancreas took me away.The "diet" began, the punctures in the finger yolk several times a day, and insulin punctures only injected me quickly before each meal.

I have quoted "diet", because they gave me white bread, natural fruit, whole yogurts with sugar sachets, which I did not use because I do not like yogurt with sugar, in the suberens cookies Maria and fruit juices.

Things were complicated, and on the 4th day after the pancreas intervene, I was very bad, I could not eat, and about 23 hours they took me urgently to the operating room to return to operate, from something else, but even more serious, becauseIf they did not operate immediately they gave me loss.Two interventions of that caliber in 4 days left me dusty.I was intubated in the ICU for more than a week, without being able to speak, eating, or anything.When they finally got on me to eat me, but I couldn't, and they put me food again, they opened one at the left base of the neck, later they would open another on the right side, because things were complicated againWith very high fevers, a bombing of all kinds of antibiotics left my stomach twisting with pain.

To make it short, 3 blood transfusions later, and after thirty -first hospitalized days, the doctor gave me permission to go home, they were about 8:45 h.I was very weak and I had a lot of pain when moving, I had opened my abdomen by three different sites, huge scars they traveled and I also had an open hole with a bag that had to change.Mentally it was also destroyed, and knew that three months later I was going to return to the operating room to close that hole and remove the bag.

To all this, they continued to click with fast, they had focused on the second intervention, on all the complications that arose, and no one had explained anything about diabetes, insulins, diets ... Nothing.

A nurse came with the medical discharge papers and the medical report.My husband went to process my departure, and pay what I had spent on television at that time.I expected someone to explain what I had to do, to eat, how to put the insulin ... but in the documentation they brought me there was nothing, so I claimed it.I was claiming all day, until at night, they brought me a recipe for my husband to buy insulin in the pharmacy, and they told me to take time as soon as possible with my header.Nothing else.

I went home, and my husband went to buy insulin.What a surprise when a syringe and needles arrive and take out of the bag, and a box in which there was a glass jar with insulin!😳.In the hospital I saw that they punctured me with something like a pen, I never saw that they took the insulin from a bottle with a syringe and then injected it.In addition, a while before injected, with a puncture they took a drop of blood from the finger, which they deposited in a strip inserted in a reader.In the bag there was nothing like that, I did not know what to do with the insulin bottle How to know how many milliliters I had to inject myself?Well, I did nothing because I didn't know what to do.

The next morning I sent my husband to the ambulatory, I don'tI was in a position to leave home, to see a doctor who could serve him urgently, and see if they could help me.

A doctor made a slow insulin recipe, on a pen, he told him to be injected once a day 10 units, thus, by eye.He got a box with strips, a puncture, a glucometer, a handful of needles, and gave him an urgent visit with the header.As I could not go to the ambulatory, it would be Telefónica, Holy Week began, so it would be the next Tuesday (it was Thursday).

When my husband arrived with the new insulin in Boli, the glucometer, etc., he did not know how all that had to be used, or what glucose values ​​were the right ones, or anything.So I called the outpatient asking for someone to help me.Finally I got the nurse who touched me called me on the phone, and gave me some slogans that did not clarify everything, she told me that I could not go through my house because she left after eating on Easter holiday, and I was in a hurry.He gave me his mobile number in case he had any problem called ...

I immediately started looking online to learn how to use the glucometer, the nurse gave me some values, and told me that if the values ​​were upset on an empty stomach, the slow units increased by two by two….And when I was injected with insulin, count to 10 before removing the needle from my body.I remember that in the first reading I made I was 450, and more or less in that figure I was in the Holy Week, I was increasing the dose every two days.I did not eat sweet, but no one had told me anything about the hydrates, in the hospital they gave me white bread, and roasted with jam, etc., at home I did not eat jam, I have never had a habit of breakfast with butter and jam, but withA snack yes ...

Tuesday arrived and the DRA called me, a header who clarified some things, and knowing how my glucose readings were doing, he made a quick insulin recipe, and the slow one increased.

I looked for an endocrine, but since I was not in a position to leave home, I could not go until a month later, and I was not satisfied.I saw different endocrine, and nobody explained anything about meals and insulin doses, they just took a leaf with a diet, but not guidelines, and to tell me that people who have diabetes like mine have many difficulties in controllingThe glucose, and that what one day is doing well, stops working the next day.

Over time I have been seeking information, I have been learning.Here in the forum I have learned a lot.

By putting the sensor on my arm, the control has improved a bit.

And so they were my beginnings, with a lot of overwhelming and little help.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
10/03/2022 11:51 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

@Emily, often overwhelmed, thankfully everything ended.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/04/2022 2:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

emily said:
because my case was different: looking for something else they detected several problems that I ignored what I had, and one was a tumor in the pancreas.I was not diabetic.But there was another more urgent problem that had to be solved and that was the first one that they addressed surgically, and then they took care of something else and the pancreas, they did different tests and decided to wait to operate while they were controlling it.

When they detected that the tumor grew they decided to operate immediately.I never had tumor -related symptoms, or pain, or anything.I became diabetics at the same time that 2/3 of pancreas took me away.The "diet" began, the punctures in the finger yolk several times a day, and insulin punctures only injected me quickly before each meal.

I have quoted "diet", because they gave me white bread, natural fruit, whole yogurts with sugar sachets, which I did not use because I do not like yogurt with sugar, in the suberens cookies Maria and fruit juices.

Things were complicated, and on the 4th day after the pancreas intervene, I was very bad, I could not eat, and about 23 hours they took me urgently to the operating room to return to operate, from something else, but even more serious, becauseIf they did not operate immediately they gave me loss.Two interventions of that caliber in 4 days left me dusty.I was intubated in the ICU for more than a week, without being able to speak, eating, or anything.When they finally got on me to eat me, but I couldn't, and they put me food again, they opened one at the left base of the neck, later they would open another on the right side, because things were complicated againWith very high fevers, a bombing of all kinds of antibiotics left my stomach twisting with pain.

To make it short, 3 blood transfusions later, and after thirty -first hospitalized days, the doctor gave me permission to go home, they were about 8:45 h.I was very weak and I had a lot of pain when moving, I had opened my abdomen by three different sites, huge scars they traveled and I also had an open hole with a bag that had to change.Mentally it was also destroyed, and knew that three months later I was going to return to the operating room to close that hole and remove the bag.

To all this, they continued to click with fast, they had focused on the second intervention, on all the complications that arose, and no one had explained anything about diabetes, insulins, diets ... Nothing.

A nurse came with the medical discharge papers and the medical report.My husband went to process my departure, and pay what I had spent on television at that time.I expected someone to explain what I had to do, to eat, how to put the insulin ... but in the documentation they brought me there was nothing, so I claimed it.I was claiming all day, until at night, they brought me a recipe for my husband to buy insulin in the pharmacy, and they told me to take time as soon as possible with my header.Nothing else.

I went home, and my husband went to buy insulin.What a surprise when a syringe and needles arrive and take out of the bag, and a box in which there was a glass jar with insulin!😳.In the hospital I saw that they punctured me with something like a pen, I never saw that they took the insulin from a bottle with a syringe and then injected it.In addition, a while before injected, with a puncture they took a drop of blood from the finger, which they deposited in a strip inserted in a reader.In the bag there was nothing like that, I did not know what to do with the insulin bottle How to know how many milliliters I had to inject myself?Well, I did nothing because I didn't know what to do.

The next morningI sent my husband to the ambulatory, I was not in a position to leave home, to see a doctor who could serve him urgently, and see if they could help me.

A doctor made a slow insulin recipe, on a pen, he told him to be injected once a day 10 units, thus, by eye.He got a box with strips, a puncture, a glucometer, a handful of needles, and gave him an urgent visit with the header.As I could not go to the ambulatory, it would be Telefónica, Holy Week began, so it would be the next Tuesday (it was Thursday).

When my husband arrived with the new insulin in Boli, the glucometer, etc., he did not know how all that had to be used, or what glucose values ​​were the right ones, or anything.So I called the outpatient asking for someone to help me.Finally I got the nurse who touched me called me on the phone, and gave me some slogans that did not clarify everything, she told me that I could not go through my house because she left after eating on Easter holiday, and I was in a hurry.He gave me his mobile number in case he had any problem called ...

I immediately started looking online to learn how to use the glucometer, the nurse gave me some values, and told me that if the values ​​were upset on an empty stomach, the slow units increased by two by two….And when I was injected with insulin, count to 10 before removing the needle from my body.I remember that in the first reading I made I was 450, and more or less in that figure I was in the Holy Week, I was increasing the dose every two days.I did not eat sweet, but no one had told me anything about the hydrates, in the hospital they gave me white bread, and roasted with jam, etc., at home I did not eat jam, I have never had a habit of breakfast with butter and jam, but withA snack yes ...

Tuesday arrived and the DRA called me, a header who clarified some things, and knowing how my glucose readings were doing, he made a quick insulin recipe, and the slow one increased.

I looked for an endocrine, but since I was not in a position to leave home, I could not go until a month later, and I was not satisfied.I saw different endocrine, and nobody explained anything about meals and insulin doses, they just took a leaf with a diet, but not guidelines, and to tell me that people who have diabetes like mine have many difficulties in controllingThe glucose, and that what one day is doing well, stops working the next day.

Over time I have been seeking information, I have been learning.Here in the forum I have learned a lot.

By putting the sensor on my arm, the control has improved a bit.

And so they were my beginnings, with a lot of overwhelming and little help.

Bufff, Emily, poor, what history.Luckily everything went well.How sad the little help of doctors in your situation, is unforgivable.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/04/2022 6:53 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Emily I trust that you are already better of everything urgent that you have intervened.
You can see that you are strong and fighter.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/04/2022 8:21 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

By God that Calvary !!!And how are you now?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
10/04/2022 9:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@emily Mía, Emily!What nonsense!All wrong.I don't want to imagine the anguish to pass.
Nutrition is the pending subject of health care, they are very outdated and, to which we are insulin, they give us the open of hydrates, which I consider a garrafal error.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/04/2022 11:34 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Emily How brave you are !!What a shame has given me how much suffering you have had to happen ... I hope you are already more stable and calm.A hug.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/04/2022 3:33 p.m.

@Emily I have been speechless.I can't even imagine the burden and frustration you had to pass after everything.I hope you found a good doctor and that you are much better.You are a survivor!Not many people can count having faced pancreatic cancer.Congratulations!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
10/04/2022 6:59 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

I am more controlled and stable in terms of diabetes, but I have different annual controls (apart from those concerning diabetes) because I have the touched liver that must be monitored, and a blood problem that is not serious at the moment, but alsoYou have to monitor it, and of course, what remains of pancreas also look at it.

After several Endocrine of the private, Dr. de Cabecera told me to try with the endocrine of social security, who visits the ambulatory, told me that it was very attentive and professional, I did and I stayed with her.In fact it is thanks to her that I carry the freestyle, it takes me quite well compared to others.But I do not know what I am going to do, because in less than a year I moved from home, in the same city, but in another district, and I will no longer have this endocrine.I am afraid that the one who touches me will take away my freestyle, and that it does not take me as this one I have.

Well, all that was a nightmare, and I had anxiety attacks for a long time that I fought with different therapies, meditation, diazepam, a lot of willpower and patience.I still have a diazepam blister in my bag, in case I need it.Sometimes anxiety appears to me, but they are no longer attacks like the ones I suffered daily, they lasted me hours.

It is not that it is strong, I had no choice but to be.

Life is not easy, and that of diabetics is a bit more complicated, when I have any doubt here, to the forum and I look.I usually find an answer, and if not, I ask.

Thank you so much.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
10/04/2022 9:32 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

Thanks to you, for being an example of integrity and strength, much encouragement

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
10/04/2022 9:44 p.m.

emily said:
I am more controlled and stable in terms of diabetes, but I have different annual controls (apart from those concerning diabetes) because I have the touched liver that must be monitored, and aBlood problem that is not serious at the moment, but we must also monitor it, and of course, what remains of pancreas also looks at it.

After several Endocrine of the private, Dr. de Cabecera told me to try with the endocrine of social security, who visits the ambulatory, told me that it was very attentive and professional, I did and I stayed with her.In fact it is thanks to her that I carry the freestyle, it takes me quite well compared to others.But I do not know what I am going to do, because in less than a year I moved from home, in the same city, but in another district, and I will no longer have this endocrine.I am afraid that the one who touches me will take away my freestyle, and that it does not take me as this one I have.

Well, all that was a nightmare, and I had anxiety attacks for a long time that I fought with different therapies, meditation, diazepam, a lot of willpower and patience.I still have a diazepam blister in my bag, in case I need it.Sometimes anxiety appears to me, but they are no longer attacks like the ones I suffered daily, they lasted me hours.

Life is not easy, and that of diabetics is a bit more complicated, when I have any doubt here, to the forum and I look.I usually find an answer, and if not, I ask.

Thank you very much. & Lt;/blockquote

Well, I wish everything to you well from now on.Thank you for your testimony, you have left us impressed.And here you have us for whatever you need.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/04/2022 9:56 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Jolín @emily, the truth is that you had to spend some terrible moments ... so lost, still in recovery and without knowing what you had to do.You are a fighter.Much encouragement !!

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/05/2022 8:46 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Isabelbota said:
emily said:
I am more controlled and stable in terms of diabetes, but I have different annual controls (apart from those concerning diabetes) Because I have the touched liver that must be monitored, and a blood problem that is not serious at the moment, but we must also monitor it, and of course, what remains of pancreas looks at him too.

Thank you very much.

Thanks to everyone, you don't know, but you have helped me a lot, and you keep doing it with everything you comment in the forum.If possible I would give you a big hug.😘😘😘

Emily's profile photo
Emily
10/05/2022 11:27 a.m.

emily said:
I am more controlled and stable in terms of diabetes, but I have different annual controls (apart from those concerning diabetes) because I have the touched liver that must be monitored, and aBlood problem that is not serious at the moment, but we must also monitor it, and of course, what remains of pancreas also looks at it.

Thank you very much.

With anxiety I understand you totally.After the diagnosis I ended up with agoraphobia.It is very frustrating everything that anxiety entails, because you know where it comes from and you still can't control it.In the end it is what you say, all kinds of treatments and willpower.I finished all the treatments at 6 months although it cost me more time to recover at all and still today there are days that are very difficult, even if they are 1 time a year.And I feel very identified with taking Diazepam in my bag, I carry Lexatin although 3-4 years ago I have not taken any, but it continues to relieve knowing that if something happens and I cannot control it there they are.

All this ends up, but we must not give up.A lot of encouragement!And a hug for you too

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
10/09/2022 7:45 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.