{'en': 'Great difference between glucometers', 'es': 'Gran diferencia entre glucómetros'} Image

Great difference between glucometers

Sandman's profile photo   10/24/2022 11:30 a.m.

Good morning,

Yesterday I released the glucometer that they give you next to the sensors and it turns out that comparing with my old glucometer (a One Touch Verio Reflect) have a more than considerable difference, of the order of 30-40 between one and the other.

The sensor that I currently took it on Friday and nailed the stockings in the official app and Diabox.

In this case the One Touch marks quite above (this morning in capillary 138 and in ABBOTT brand also in capillary 110)
I had never had so much difference between glucometers from different brands.

To those who have taken more time ... Has something like this happened to you?

Thank you,

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/24/2022 11:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have never made comparisons between glucometer, I have used the one that supplies me in Social Security.If I have made two or three capillaries in a row to the non -quadrant the result.
They are not exact, and I think there will always be a difference between one brand and another.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/24/2022 3:24 p.m.

I have compared them tens of times and what happened to you is normal.

There are variations between glucometers, some tend to measure a little more and one less.

Still they are much more reliable than an interstitial sensor.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/24/2022 4:19 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hello, I also have the One Touch Verio and the sensor.
I have noticed that if the sensor the higher marks the more it is the difference with the verio, in "normal" results we say from 140 down, the difference in my case is usually 15-20 above the verio. In lower results,The difference is yet less.I have no problems with verio because there is a minimum above,
I have noticed that if I am sitting and I move my blood glucose, I upload something but expected that it is not real, I explain myI pis and scrub my teeth, I came to bed with 200.But if I wait about ten minutes lying down and I look at the glucose again in 160, then "not meneallo" I have also noticed that the heat or fresh (I sleep without pajamas and withThe arms outside) can also give false readings in the sensor, then I repeat reading at two minutes.Eye that the Verio is not infallible either.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
10/25/2022 5:57 p.m.

I take this thread to comment a question.

Normal general how long does the freestyle or other meters take to reflect the intake of CH?

Suppose what are medium/rapid absorption hydrates

Prother's profile photo
Prother
10/26/2022 9:57 p.m.

Varon de 28 años con diabetes tipo 1 desde 2015. Minimed 780G y Guardian 4 con Humalog

Hello.
Well, if I take something because I have low glucose, the freestyle takes about 20 minutes to reflect up, however the verio in blood already registers it at 5 minutes.
As I have said, I do not pay much attention to the sensor, only for descent alrmas that I have in 85 and when this happens, in Verio I have about 110 or 120, so I take something calm and I let the sensor go up when I give itWin,

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
10/27/2022 7:03 p.m.

prother said:
I take this thread to comment a question.

Normal general how long does the freestyle or other meters take to reflect the intake of CH?

Suppose what are medium/rapid absorption hydrates

It goes 15/20 minutes in everything (uploads, descents ...)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/27/2022 10:34 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

No, no ... it depends on the speed of your stomach to digest, once it passes to blood if they are 20 min.
In fact, look at what time you start having breakfast and when you see the arrow up, the same in the rest of the meals.
At breakfast it goes very fast and the dinner very, very slow, in fact you can enter hypoglycemia due to insulin that acts faster than digestion.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/27/2022 10:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.