{'en': 'Divide slow insulin.Is insulin fattening?', 'es': 'Dividir la insulina lenta. ¿Engorda la insulina?'} Image

Divide slow insulin.Is insulin fattening?

GracielaM's profile photo   10/02/2022 5:29 p.m.

Hello.

I have been following the questions and answer of this beautiful group for several months.

I feel accompanied.I was diagnosed with diabetes 1 lada in August 2019.

I carry my glycosilada quite well but I am very disturbing the variables during the day.

Not like almost carbohydrates (except for a homemade bread of whole wheat flour, a slice per day) I fulfill 61 years in a few days and, for several weeks, I lift myself with the glucose in the clouds.

From the beginning I took metformin in addition to the slow (Basalgar or Lantus 18 U) and the rapid (novorapid 12 0 16 units during the day).My new diabetologist recommended me to leave metformin.

And there were no variants (except the first days).I am going through a bad mood and I know that also triggers glucose.

But it surprises me (here is the question) that I am getting up in the clouds !!!

Could it be that the slow is not lasting 24 hours?

I saw that there are people who divide slow in the morning and night.

Do you think it can be a good option?

I know that each one of us is a world but ...

And the second question is: does insulin fattening?

My doctor says no but, when they diagnosed me, I had dropped 20kg and then fattened 10.

It is incredible to gain weight without reason.As I said, not as hydrates, nothing with sugar, or light soda ... and I move by bicycle.

Can you tell me your experiences?

Thank you!!!!

GracielaM's profile photo
GracielaM
10/02/2022 5:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Gracielam.I am type I, for many years.About 4 years ago I started using Tresiba.I realized that I did not cover myself 24 h., So I opted, not to fraction, but to put several units at night.That assumes that he reduces some unity of the rapid of the mñana, but otherwise, I think it was a best success in all my diabetic years.
And as for whether I altered the weight, not at all.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
10/02/2022 7:28 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Thanks for your comment, surprised.I will take it into account.

GracielaM
10/02/2022 7:43 p.m.

@Gracielam, if you get up high, you surely need to increase slow.
It usually increases one by one unit, and wait two days ..
If that caused you hypoglycemia for the day, then you would have to unfold, but consult with the endo .. there are other insulins of longer duration, such as, Toujeo or Tresiba.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/03/2022 10:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Gracielam Lantus does not cover 24 hours, it is normal to put the dose at the usual time and a reinforcement of 2 units at 12 hours.I did it like this until I asked Toujeo to cover me 24 hours and save a puncture.

And fattening in very easy with insulins, despite lowering carbohydrate consumption, because they metabolize the carbohydrates and if we do not burn them in the day, they are stored in the reserve, that is, at the waist, gut, buttocks ....It is also true that when you recover normal glycemia values, your body returns to its usual weight.

I am also lada and I kept my weight for the first 2 years without problems, in the third I started to see how I needed more insulin and took weight little by little, about 3kg/year but did not reduce.In the end I changed to protein diet (without fat and without CH) and returned to my weight;But it is very sacrificed because we always fancy what we should not eat :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/03/2022 10:44 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello Ruthbia.Thank you, I'm living exactly the same as you.I will take into account the reinforcement and do some more exercise.My diet is very strict but apparently I am not burning what consumes.Your comment was very helpful.Thank you!!!

GracielaM
10/03/2022 1:16 p.m.

Thanks Regina

GracielaM
10/03/2022 1:16 p.m.

Good day.I think slow insulin is missing.Cdo put me Latuntus, there were 12 units at 11hs and 6 more at 7:30 p.m.I would believe that CDO normalizes the values ​​will begin to accommodate your body because as you say, your weight gain does not make sense if you do not consume HC or fats.

marcela's profile photo
marcela
10/13/2022 1:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.