New Help with Pump and Cateter obstructed

lolomovil's profile photo   10/10/2022 8:41 p.m.

Hi, my son has been put the Medtronic 780G bomb today and we have had problems with the first bolus.After trying to apply a message saying that the catheter had been obstructed.According to the bomb, 3 units of 6 had entered that were planned.As I did not trust, adjust the intake to those 3 units and waited for a prudential time.After this time I was already climbing the blood glucose so I click the 3 units with the ball and at the couple of hours the values ​​began to be normalized.

The question I ask myself is during the process of changing the catheter without changing the reservoir.I have tried to contact Medtronic and has been impossible (so the telephone service seems as bad as the application for smartphones).From what I see in the menu you would have to disconnect it from the body, rewind the pump, loosen the dove that connects the catheter to the reservoir, remove the catheter and from here follow the steps as if we put a new reservoir.Is that the process?

Thank you so much

Manuel.

lolomovil's profile photo
lolomovil
10/10/2022 8:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It's right.
For more information, read the book "Type X Diabetes", available on the "Advanced Diabetes" website in:
Link

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/29/2022 10:36 a.m.

Thank you very much for the links and the book.I like to know how things work and in the case of insulin bombs there is very little information.Both the book and the shared folder have helped me a lot of help.

Greetings.

lolomovil's profile photo
lolomovil
10/30/2022 6:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.