Glucometer and drinks

isabelbota's profile photo   10/11/2022 8:55 p.m.

Hello!
I have read here several times that there are people who say that to see if a drink, specifically talked about Coca Cola, wears sugar, they drop a glycometer strip and if it carries sugar comes out "hi" and if not, "IT".
The fact is that I tried it recently with tonic and although it seemed that I was going to leave, in the end my glucometer said "error."I tried several times and always gave error.It was the glucometer that gave me social security, One Touch Select Plus.
Then another day I tried with Coca Cola and also gave error but tried another glucometer that I have of Aliexpress and there did "Hi" there, but with Tonic it did not work.
My question is whether you have really tried it or it is more an urban legend.The question may seem silly but my brother invited me to a "good" restaurant, of which they put the Coca Cola served, very beautiful but you do not see the bottle.Total, that I was going to 70 and it was to drink the supposed Coca Cola Zero and put me at 200 ...
That is why I see the subject practical, but I have not just operated and that is why I want to know who has tried it, with what drinks and with what glucometers ...
Thank you!

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/11/2022 8:55 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello, I have not tried it but it sounds a little Chinese story.What I do in the restaurants that serve you drink without being in front of you, that is to tell you to take it and ask for water because I do not trust.

Sofia00's profile photo
Sofia00
10/13/2022 12:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I remember in the colonies of diabetics that the yolks of the fingers were rubbed with insulin to simulate declines and that they gave them cookies but I think it was false, I never really saw it that they did, those colonies were a gap, they gave us a breakfast aBol of chocopics with milk, which later you walked a lot of kilometers but I didn't see a left over to breakfast that, but what the pussy was 16 years old and took 2 bags and 0 problems

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
10/14/2022 8:01 p.m.

The reactive strips detect glucose in capillary blood, which comes out when permanently with a drink does not have to be related to their carbohydrate content, and of course they will never detect you sucrose which is what the normal cola carries.As says @sofia00 if they serve you a drink, you tell you that they are very elegant but you are very diabetic so less pamplins and bring the bottle uncompassed that I see it.Yes, that is cut, but that is better than having an avoidable climb.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
10/16/2022 7:32 p.m.

Juanluis1957 said:
reactive strips detect glucose in capillary blood, which comes out when imprisoning them with a drink does not have to be related to theirCarbohydrates contained, and of course they will never detect the sucrose which is what the normal cola carries.As says @sofia00 if they serve you a drink, you tell you that they are very elegant but you are very diabetic so less pamplins and bring the bottle uncompassed that I see it.Yes, that is cut, but that is better than having an avoidable rush.

No, if I don't cut me, it's not to fall.I was with my brothers whom I had not seen for 2 years and with emotion or fell.And I will always have the doubt because I distinguish perfectly the normal of the Zero and I knew Zero, but of course, the high to suddenly was very rare, that's why I had the doubt.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/16/2022 9:22 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.