{'en': 'Big scare with Diabox', 'es': 'Susto grande con diabox'} Image

Big scare with Diabox

Sandman's profile photo   10/20/2022 5:37 p.m.

Good afternoon, I tell you what just happened to me half an hour ago.

But before to put ourselves in a situation I will tell you that the sensor that I have been carrying for +-10 days I was marking the free application (between 20-30-40 with respect to the capillary).With Diabox it did give me more approximate values.

In summary, I get to the car and go to work, and before arriving I skip the low glucose freelink alarm.How was not the first time I marked about 65-70 having a capillary over 100 because I stopped the alarm and continued so normal.
When I park the car and get off, I open Diabox and mark me 112 and think: "Another false alarm of LibreLink"

It gives the chance that I have at work a glucometer and I measure the capillary.Result: 52 of glycemia.
I stand and I start to dizzy, but of the nerves, because it is the first hypo that I have constancy and before seeing the glucometer I was so normal.

I go to a refrigerator that I share with other colleagues and take a can of Coca-Cola of a partner and I drink like half a can.As I did not satisfy, and for the doubts, I have also eaten 2 cookies of those chocolate stuffed.
Result: 159 capillary and up: o

Since I installed Diabox, a week ago something like that had happened to me.Diabox I have it calibrated, and every day I put him as 1 or 2 values ​​to try to make it more accurate.

What I think right now is that, if instead of going to work, it happens to my children in the car ...

Has anyone else had something like that with Diabox?

Forgive the sheet.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/20/2022 5:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It happens to all.Unfortunately, from time to time, both free 2 and Diabox go crazy.Faced with the doubt, always capillary before making decisions, either by hiccups or hyper.In those cases, I always use the rule of small numbers: glucose little by little and check, if it is hypo.In the case of hyper, little insulin and the same, checking.Thus, the roller mountains of subsequent ups and downs are much more manageable.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
10/20/2022 5:55 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

When the sensor has differences, even if you calibrate with Diabox, these things often happen

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
10/20/2022 6:11 p.m.

Javiertierno said:
When the sensor has differences, although caliber with diabox, these things often happen

I do not know where I have read that if you wear a new sensor without activating it a couple of days before removing the old one, when you active it gives much more real values ​​during the 14 days of use.
I have been 3 days left now.I am thinking about doing it.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/20/2022 6:18 p.m.

You can also fail glucometer.It has ever happened to me that it does not fit me, I have repeated the capillary and has given different.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/20/2022 6:39 p.m.

@Sandman that of putting it before was with free1, with free2 I have not noticed differences by taking it a few hours before.

The problem is not Diabox, it is the sensor that gives erratic values ​​and Diabox only take the last 3 to predict .There are two calculation algorithms: Savitzky-Golay or Noise Estimation Correction.You can see the line of trend and the degree of approximation or slope (only) in the graph;It also gives you the deviation that calculates against the value it receives (offset).
I always make a capillary when I see 58 (today I was in 35 in capillary ....) It happens to everyone.The bad thing is that I do not notice, I have no symptoms.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/20/2022 7:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

anaisabel said:
can also fail the glucometer.It has ever happened to me that it does not fit me, I have repeated the capillary and has given different.

It is not the case.I got 52 the first time and repeated it on another finger and gave me 54, so I discarded glucometer failure.
As a rule I have a habit of repeating if any "weird" result comes out

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/20/2022 7:10 p.m.

The sensor that I carry has a couple of days left.What I will do with the next one to put me is not to put it every day 2 or 3 corrections as I did.
Let's see if I'm going crazy: D

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/20/2022 7:13 p.m.

I have had sensors with differences that I put 24 hours before active and others that without putting them hours earlier have done very well therefore I think the errors depend on how the sensor comes out and nothing more.
And yes, I think you do calibrate, you don't have to put values ​​daily.Anyway, something of difference will have

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
10/20/2022 7:59 p.m.

I am the last three putting them 24 hours before activating them and they nail it, now, I do not know if it will be a coincidence or that really makes them work better.
I do not use any app, nor LibreLink, only use the freestyle reader, that they have also told me that it can influence ...
In general, I always nail the readings with the capillaries, with the exception of the last months that several defective followed and that is that for me, that marks 40 above, it is defective, it does not use me, I get rid of it.
Greetings and encouragement with scare, something similar has ever happened to us.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/20/2022 8:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

It has happened to me lately, that I notice the hypos perfectly (at first I did not find out) to find me fatal and the sensor say 100. And in those cases, that I have checked with glucometer that was 50/60, at 15/20 minutesThe sensor has marked me 50/60.That must be taken into account.The sensor goes late and if the descent is fast, it is late to let you know.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/20/2022 9:16 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you all.I cannot understand very well what each algorithm means but Diabox has come to give me differences of having 70 with free and with a meter and 50 with Diabox and that x the night is a roll because the alarms sound to me.

I wear a new 2 or 3 hours before the other ends.They explained that this is because when putting it a slight inflammation in the area and affects the stability of the glycemia.Either that or not in general they work very well.After 28 years without a sensor and now 2 with the I have greatly improved

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
05/14/2023 1:52 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

@Sandman, do not scare yourself even if you have 50., It gives you time to react to plenty.As soon as you drink sugars, it goes up quickly.
I remember to measure me with glucometer and give me 54, and I am not diabetic .. although the glucometers can also have their mistake.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/14/2023 10:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Once I marked 59 and I didn't notice anything and I did it with the capillary and I gave me 90, in favor of the sensor, I had just started after the corresponding 60 minutes and sometimes until it is calibrated it takes a little time

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
05/15/2023 8:30 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.