{'en': 'Basal insulin hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Hipoglucemias Insulina basal'} Image

Basal insulin hypoglycemia

madmax's profile photo   10/27/2022 7:12 p.m.

Hello,

My name is Angel and I am 40 years old, a couple of weeks ago I debuted as type 1 diabetic.

I went directly to the emergency department and when I glymia di 500 and peak, so I spent 4 days admitted by doing the relevant tests and analysis

The results of the tests were good, taking into account that I have the typical values ​​of a diabetic 1, that if glycosilada triggered (11) although the most detailed results of antibodies are still pending ...

I have already gone to the endocrine and changed the insulin guideline with which I left the Hospital Novorapid (4-4-4) and Lantus (20)
A (3-3-3) and 19 because when I made the capillary measurements after a couple of hours after meals I was in relatively low values ​​100 and little and in the morning I also woke up between 60 and peak and 80 and peak.

I wish yesterday I have the free freestyle sensor 2, I also called on the phone because I had a couple of hypoglycemia the night before and told me that I would have to go down the basal insulin, I changed the guideline A (3-3-1)And 18 and told me that if I saw that it arrived just below 70 to the meals better than I did not put insulin, now that I am starting.

Tonight I had a very unpleasant evening a hypoglycemia at 3 and peak in the morning, I got up to take a juice a kiwi yogurt grapes and a little oatmeal ... but at 6:38 I hit me again another good descentVery beastly, I do not faint from a miracle and I have the day very dusty, I still have recovering.

Today I have not been able to get in touch with my endocrine, although the day before he told me that if I continued a couple of days, two units were the basal insulin again ... the truth is only to think another night ...
You who have experience better I wait another day to lower basal insulin?I understand that such fast changes can be made, but I don't feel like being another day so echoed.

I am a bit of the issue of weight, I am of a thin complexion of a lifetime 1.87 and about 80 kilos, but I continue in the weight of a week ago when 74.5 kg enters the emergency room, I don't know if that will also have to do with hypoglycemia.

These days that I am in low values ​​I notice Jaqueca headache just above my nose and extends on the forehead, I understand that it is normal, I have also noticed, something that I did not happen before I cannot focus closely and I get tired of my eyes,I have consult with the ophthalmologist in a couple of weeks ...

Anyway, I hope the thing is going better, thanks for reading, greetings and encouragement for everyone

madmax's profile photo
madmax
10/27/2022 7:12 p.m.

Woody Allen: “Sé que no merezco el Príncipe de Asturias, pero tampoco la diabetes que padezco”.

@Madmax Welcome to the forum !!!

I recommend that you read posts, like yours and with more doubts that can help you learn.

Lantus is an insulin that has a peak of action between 4-5 hours and then stabilizes, hence at about 3:00 am they give you hypoglycemia if you put it at night.You may also find yourself in honeymoon and your pancreas have insulin in reserve, that makes you have excess circulating insulin.

The trick is to change Lantus in the morning so that when you give you the peak you are awake and you can act, and do not give those scares;In addition to reducing the amount.
Come on, I debut at your age and the same thing happened to me, I left the hospital with 14 units of Lantus and at 2 weeks I was at 8 units and without fast for my pancreatic reserve for approximately a year and a half.

The general guideline to lower basal insulin is to reduce 2 units and wait 3 days to see what value it gives in the morning, if it is still low, go down to 4 other units, so until it reaches the optimal value (80-140, according toEach one, there are endocrine that hurries more and can tell you 90-120);The same to climb if one rises above the reference threshold.

The view is normal, it is called diabetic presbyopia, it takes a bit, it is not seen even closely or far, just in the middle.:) :) :) A disgust!3 weeks I was like that.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/27/2022 7:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for your answer and for the information.

You are right, I should have looked at other posts, I started reading those of the free freestyle 2 and their failures and I already wanted to continue investigating, for the moment I am delighted with the pot, especially because of the fact of not having to have toClick 8 or 10 times a day, which seems more cumbersome to prick the insulin in addition, for me the fingers are very important because I play the guitar :)

I have always passionate about the issue of healthy eating, before I had a low diet in HC, I did not eat ultra-processed, or simple carbohydrates (refined flours, breads, industrial cereals) many days had intermittent fasting and went out to do sports and myBody responded well, I did, rather than by diet, for a topic of convictions and food style and because I sat well.

Although I understand that each organism is a world and that what one person suits another does not, so each one has to assess it based on their own experience.

I realized in the endocrine consultCarbohydrates (bread, cereals) and I didn't want to insist.

Right now and by medical prescription I follow their advice and I am eating in all the PAN meals, because I think that is what it touches, but I am clear that when my situation is stabilized I will try to return to my power style whenever my body allows me.

I think I have read in this forum on the subject of the Low Carb diet and people who followed it and that had reached 5.5 glycosylated levels;As I understand a diabetic, that index usually has a bit above a normal person, apparently the doctor had told him that it was because he did not eat: D

I thank you a lot of your advice and your wise words Ruth.
all the best

madmax's profile photo
madmax
10/27/2022 8:54 p.m.

Woody Allen: “Sé que no merezco el Príncipe de Asturias, pero tampoco la diabetes que padezco”.

@Madmax Hello!I debut in February so I can't help you as much as others but I can tell you a little what I have been learning these months.With respect to the issue of carbohydrates I try to be mostly fruits and vegetables, one day a week as rice, legumes, oats%.My endo told me that they were very good values ​​and that I continued doing what I was doing.
On the other hand, I had quite constant headache for a few months as well as changes in the view, they told me that it was normal and it is true that the couple of months passed.
Here people are very nice so ask everything you need and there is a lot of information in the forum that always helps and more at the beginning.
Finally, they will always tell you but it is true, each person is different and manages the glucose differently, be attentive to how each meal affects you, the peaks that give you each food and little by little you will discover that it is better.
Many luck and encouragement

ely88's profile photo
ely88
10/27/2022 9:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for your contribution and for your spirits, I'm glad that the view is passenger thought that this was already forever: S

I'm glad you have that adequate level of glycosilada, that means you have done things very well in a very fast time, congratulations.

All the best

madmax's profile photo
madmax
10/27/2022 9:41 p.m.

@madmax your endo tells you the diet to be able to give you guidelines in relation to rapid insulin, it is normal.
The best is low diet in HC but there are many endos of the "old school", 5 meals/day and minimum 130g of HC.

As you control a lot of feeding, it is quite easy for you to "independence" of your guidelines.
Every 10g of HC is a ration of HC, we calculate the insulin at the rate of the number of portions we eat and the sensitivity to insulin, that is, if to eat I like 6 rations of HC and I put 3 units, and at 2 hoursI am in Normaglycemia, my sensitivity is 3/6 = 0.5, that is, 1 ud of insulin metabolizes me 2 rations of HC.
This ratio changes with the intake time and the exercise.
The normal thing is that at breakfast the ratio is higher and lower at dinner.
If you exercise, insulin needs lower and glycemia is also better controlled.

Put your accounts 😉

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/27/2022 9:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@madmax your endo tells you the diet to be able to give you guidelines in relation to rapid insulin, it is normal.
The best is low diet in HC but there are many endos of the "old school", 5 meals/day and minimum 130g of HC.

As you control a lot of feeding, it is quite easy for you to "independence" of your guidelines.
Every 10g of HC is a ration of HC, we calculate the insulin at the rate of the number of portions we eat and the sensitivity to insulin, that is, if to eat I like 6 rations of HC and I put 3 units, and at 2 hoursI am in Normaglycemia, my sensitivity is 3/6 = 0.5, that is, 1 ud of insulin metabolizes me 2 rations of HC.
This ratio changes with the intake time and the exercise.
The normal thing is that at breakfast the ratio is higher and lower at dinner.
If you exercise, insulin needs lower and glycemia is also better controlled.

Put your accounts 😉

Just what I was looking for ... the issue of insulin sensitivity to be able to calculate my ratio ,,, I am already looking and weighing the HC rations to calculate based on the units that click me, but I did not know how to do that calculation, when I go to the endocrine I will have all the duties done thanks to you: blush:

I am lucky, my endocrine is a very professional and above all pleasant and empathic girl.

Thank you very much again and good night for everyone

madmax's profile photo
madmax
10/27/2022 10:01 p.m.

Madmax said:
Thank you very much for your contribution and for your mood, I'm glad that the view is passenger thought that this was already forever: S

I'm glad you have that adequate level of glycosilada, that means you have done things very well in a very fast time, congratulations.

GREETING

Do not worry about the view.The explanation is that the lens take shape according to the level of glucose (curious, the truth), therefore if you have been climbing little by little it is accustomed, but when the diabetes and low the very quick glucose level are detectedadapt to the new level and take the proper form.
In my case I was almost 2 months to see as before.It is also true that in 3 months I lowered the glyc of 15.9 to 5.9 and the crystalline cost to adapt to that radical change.
That is why it is also normal to see blurry in hypos and hyper.
Regarding food, as Ruthbia told you, nobody better than you know how you have to feed yourself.I do not see sense to eat hydrates in all meals to have to get more insulin.Insulin must adapt to food and not vice versa.
But as you see that you know and you like food you will end up regulating the food you consider timely and without so much insulin.Before the doubt, always put up until you control well and avoid the hypos.
This is rehearsal-error but he ends up taking the trick.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/27/2022 10:29 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you Isabel, very interesting and curious the explanation of the lens and the curvature ... when I go to the ophthalmológo and explain it ... I will be thinking ... I know this 😆 and all thanks to you I sign up your advice ..
I am very grateful for your help
All the best

madmax's profile photo
madmax
10/27/2022 10:44 p.m.

@Madmax As for the slow adjustments, my nurse advised me to lower the dose the same day that I had a nocturnal hypo and that I upload it if for three consecutive days I lifted me high.
When leaving the hospital they put a guideline that normally does not fit your way of life but to the hospital's meals and your rest state there, I mean you are overpaid.
When you reach your own balance you will see that it is not definitive either;By H or B, we spend our lives by adjusting the doses, you have to have this clear to avoid overwhelms and doubts about whether you are failing your disease control.
I also make lowcarb diet (it seems very logical to limit HC to the maximum if our pancreas cannot handle them) intermittent fasting, 10,000 daily steps and force exercise.They are the pillars of my personal care.I do not mention the dream because I do not sleep very there, from before diabetes, they say that a repairing dream is also fundamental in this disease.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
11/01/2022 3:50 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

It seems to me because of my experience that what happens to you is the so -called "honeymoon", look for information on the Internet, basically is that insulin needs go down when starting insulin treatment and can practically do not have you or to injectOr need very low doses but unfortunately in a variable time they will increase again, this do not usually inform the patient and you can have some important hypoglycemia if you do not reduce the doses,
Greetings

ref666's profile photo
ref666
11/01/2022 6:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

salad said:
@Madmax As for the slow adjustments, my nurse advised me to lower the dose the same day that I had a nocturnal hypo and that I upload it if for three consecutive days IHe raised high.
When leaving the hospital they put a guideline that normally does not fit your way of life but to the hospital's meals and your rest state there, I mean you are overpaid.
When you reach your own balance you will see that it is not definitive either;By H or B, we spend our lives by adjusting the doses, you have to have this clear to avoid overwhelms and doubts about whether you are failing your disease control.
I also make lowcarb diet (it seems very logical to limit HC to the maximum if our pancreas cannot handle them) intermittent fasting, 10,000 daily steps and force exercise.They are the pillars of my personal care.I do not mention the dream because I do not sleep very there, from before diabetes, they say that a repair dream is also fundamental in this disease.

Hello :
I already speak with the endocrine and told me what you are exposing, I have to go ahead of hypoglycemia and regulate the basal;The last two nights with 10u of Lantus was stable, with just a slight hiccskewer in slow areas, that I didn't know before;ass (deltoid zone) or leg.

Of course, I have changed the time of slow insulin, instead of at 7:00 p.m.From 5 hours, which makes its maximum effect when I get up in the morning and allows me to have breakfast about 30 gr of carbohydrates and not prick insulin in the morning (3500-4000 steps) and at two hours I usuallyBelow 120. (My Ratio HC: insulin is 3/5) also with oat100 and above 80.

Like you, I will also walk a minimum of 10,000 steps up;In meals I punctuate the insulin corresponding to the rations and my ratio, I am glad that I have a ratio of 3: 5 and no 1: 1 and normally I arrive stable and in low values ​​(below 100) that allow me to make a dinnerLow in HC and not click, before going to bed is usually 110-130 ..... If I am in the range under 110 a fruit and to bed without shocks.

I am also very bad "bedroom" but at least yesterday the times I woke up was not for hypos.
It goes without saying that what works for one does not have to go well for another, my partner (also with type 1 diabetes) with a low diet in HC is lazy.

Luckily I already had very healthy eating habits and I have no sacrifice assumed.
Sugar is like any other drugs, when you get unleashed you do not miss it, just like ultra -processed, when I go for the supermarket and I see them ,,, it simply does not attract my attention.

Anyway, life is also a play of funbulism in which you always have to be constantly doing balance exercises to adapt to the moment/situation, so I assume that what today is doing well for tomorrow not, there is the ability of beinghuman resile to adapt and overcome adverse situations and problems.

Thanks for your comments and encouragement for everyone.

"If you want to go fast walking alone, if you want to go far, see"

madmax's profile photo
madmax
11/02/2022 11:43 a.m.

ref666 said:
It seems to me because of my experience that what happens to you is the so -called "honeymoon", look for information on the Internet, basically it is that insulin needs go down when starting treatment withInsulin and can practically do not have to inject or need very low doses but unfortunately in a variable time they will increase again, this do not usually inform the patient and you can have some important hypoglycemia if you do not reduce the doses,
Greetings

Yes, my partner also had the "happy" honeymoon, the truth that what a shit of denomination: p
A certain salts with very little information in the first consultations with the endocrine, he told me not to worry about what he ate and that now nothing happened to be high .. It is also true that the first week I was getting rid and that theBody has to adapt, that we would already calculate my HC ratio: insulin.

It is well to be informed, but it is no less true that many times we suffer from envelope, such as in the pandemic and that makes us suffer;I am in favor of seeing the news as possible because they are any source of misfortunes: murders, violations, deaths, crisis, environmental disasters ... I prefer not to feed my "I" of misfortunes.
I have been investigating a lot about diabetes and there have been moments that I have stopped looking for the burden of so many things you read.:(

Thanks for your comment, greetings

madmax's profile photo
madmax
11/02/2022 11:52 a.m.

@madmax congratulations !!It seems surprising how fast you have controlled and well scheduled.
I am very happy for you.
Every day of diabetes is different, we must accept that it is not 100% controllable there will be good days and others not so many, but what matters is that the average is as positive as possible.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/02/2022 12:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@madmax congratulations !!It seems surprising how fast you have controlled and well scheduled.
I am very happy for you.
Every day of diabetes is different, you have to accept that it is not 100% controllable there will be good days and others not so many, but what matters is that the average is as positive as possible.

Well, it does not have much merit, before having diabetes, orthorexia was already on the edge, so now with more reason, I am also an enthusiastic (if not obsessive) of the data and control so these days I have been doing aVery thorough control

madmax's profile photo
madmax
11/02/2022 1:05 p.m.

Pufff ... That is my cross .... Data and control ... a endo told me when he debuted ... that he was going wrong, but it is "professional deformation" ... I under the dataFrom Diabox to Excel and I make my own accounts, curves, we have, gvi, standard, prediction, etc ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/02/2022 4:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
pufff ... that is my cross .... data and control ... a endo told me when he debuted .... that there was wrong there,But it is "professional deformation" ... I under Diabox's data to Excel and I make my own accounts, curves, we have, gvi, standard medium, prediction, etc ... I was weighing time to spend it to Power BI:D & lt;/blockquot

Don't tell me anymore ... Data analyst right?At the house of the blacksmith's black knife😆

madmax's profile photo
madmax
11/02/2022 4:53 p.m.

Not that it goes ..... Process and Control Engineer ... even worse ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/02/2022 7:24 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.