{'en': 'School problem', 'es': 'Problema  en el colegio'} Image

School problem

susann's profile photo   10/22/2022 6:56 a.m.

Hello

I am the mother of an 11 -year -old boy with DT1 for 9 months, my son at school a partner has torn the sensor from the arm, a child who had been basshing to my son and many days and mine had been ignored untilThat day.

GiveAlthough my son says that he was touched and looked half a screen and could enter the applications ..

Given this fact, the father of the other party says that the iPad has been totally unusable and that it has no repair, decides to buy a new ipad 9na generation we are fully characteristic from an iPad purchased 4 or 3 years ago at least and obviously used everythingThat time.

Well now through school he sends me the new iPad bill of almost 400 euros.

Do I have to pay that?

Is my total responsibility?

The sensor that takes my son of the arm also has a cost is what I have told them since it seems unfair that only my son's action priority and that what makes my son the other child have passed him throughhigh.I know that my son's reaction is excessive, but in the end he is a child who has not taken his sensor for the control of his glucose and we know that in simple struggle it has not come out since he also carried aAdhesive dressing on the sensor.

Do you think I should pay that invoice?From the school he says, he only acts as a mediating part since according to them they have no responsibility in this case, they are pressing me that this is how I feel, to pay the other family the iPad and that my son has toLearn to be responsible for your actions.

I will appreciate your opinions or advice.

Thank you!

susann's profile photo
susann
10/22/2022 6:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What anger and also with one school through and some parents who have no consideration towards the sick and what the sensor represents for them.
But unfortunately there are worlds like that.
I believe in my opinion that both children must pay but that there has to be a mediation of the school to resolve the conflict.
.The children of the school must be clear that with the things that the diabetics carry is not played, it would be missing.
.I That anything that happens the child should tell the teacher and thus he would have avoided the second part that for that they are, in part.

evacf's profile photo
evacf
10/22/2022 7:39 a.m.

I would first talk to the other parents to make them see the importance of their child's bad attitude.And would reach an economic agreement.
First the € 60 of the sensor, of course you have to discount them.After they bring you the broken iPad and it is valued on that, not on the latest generation.
And finally, if it works, as you say, once the payment is agreed, you stay the old one, as insurance companies do.What should not be left with two that work ... that is, to benefit from history.
But I see basic a dialogue with the other parents, because it is very serious that your child has started the sensor into yours, we talk about health and that is priceless.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/22/2022 8:54 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I want to make it clear that my first intention were obvious to take charge of the ocacation by my son, at the time of the events the school calls me very worried to know what to do about it since my son did not have the sensor, I gathertranquility and I tell them to tell my son to continue controlling with the basics that the load in a fannyI collect at 20.00.

The next day I have a meeting with the tutor and head of study, so that from then on we work on the attacks of anger my son .. TAKE PUNTUAL AND CAUSED CLEX.
Since I did not make this something big they have subtracted total importance to the action of the other child.
I explain that the sensor has a cost since they told me that the other party would also have expenses and also that the iPad is school supplies in this case ... something that I knew very well and I thought that mediating this would be talked well and we would arriveTo a good solution.They told me that they would already tell me how the events were given ..
Without any apology either from the school or the other party, they attach an invoice of a new iPad plus the insurance for two years, when I question that solution and tell them the multiple solutions we had to this they tell me that I cannot impose on the otherpart to buy or decide.

So they can impose it on me.

I understand that the other party can buy what you want ... another thing is that your wishes are paid by others and the school only as a mediator and it is my feeling is positioned towards the other party ..

But I have had good will, until they have displayed their bad will .. Well, the school is insisting that I have to become aware and take responsibility for what touches me.

And only my son's bad reaction or action.

That is what totally enraged me.

susann's profile photo
susann
10/22/2022 9:25 a.m.

Well they are children, they fought and something broke, bad luck !! If the iPad belongs to the school, they should have material insurance or take care of the school, for that taxes are paid, if a table or a chair falls,They replenish them, because the equal iPad, surely they spend the money worse on other worse things, it is my opinion, they will surely tell you that what is broken must be paid, but the human condition tells me, that 90% would not pay

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
10/22/2022 10:55 a.m.

I would go to a lawyer, home insurance or car that now cover personal events, and see what advises me.

In my opinion, the fault is the tutor who is responsible for the classroom and what happens inside, in addition the school has civil liability.

But sometimes it is better to pay and the next change of school, because that child will continue to bother, especially if you pay.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/22/2022 11:04 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It is true, the same covers you to home insurance.Find out first.

isabelbota
10/22/2022 11:24 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The iPad are from the students, so the school says that they have no responsibility, I have told them that civil liability guilt in monitoring is them, according to the Civil Code, but they are in their thirteen to pay the new iPad and thatMy son learns the lesson, a situation that he did not cause, I fear that this will continue, thanks for your advice ..

susann's profile photo
susann
10/22/2022 3:04 p.m.

I cannot believe that children with iPad go to school and that they impose you pay everything.

Of course, if at the end he aware, he would discount what the sensor and the two -year insurance costs that they are optional, that they pay it.

And you tell both parents and the center that your child will have broken an iPad but that their son is a rude one who has taken away his sensor causing physical harm and putting his life at risk, so if he spends again next timeYou are not going to be so educated and you will take the subject to the educational inspection, telling your child not to take justice again by his hand but to see what the inspection decides on the subject because if the child is bothering him and is notThe first time maybe the center is making fun of functions because it does not open a bullying protocol.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
10/22/2022 3:20 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Neglect the sensor price plus damages for being medical material.The lesson should be taken by the other child, and not benefit from a better iPad.Talk to the home insurance lawyer, and present an invoice of the sensor and an endocrine report, where the danger of having taken it off.And while
Explain it to the director, the head of studies or better to the tutor, who brings together the parents of the two children and make a mediator at the meeting, so that they can be explained.Take the endocrine report to the meeting.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/22/2022 4:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is that everything is absurd because if they want to make you pay for insurance they would already have one, to claim it to insurance.It is also outrageous because your child acted so because of the other.Peel it and read to whoever is needed.

isabelbota
10/22/2022 9:10 p.m.

It seems outrageous.The issue is not that the sensor is worth 60 euros, is that your child's life and health depend on that device.His reaction is understandable, he is a child, he still does not know how to join conflicts.The other child has jeopardized the health of your child and your child has broken a device that, although it is more expensive than the sensor, is mere school material.
I would not only pay a single iPad euro, I would also demand that the other child be instructed on what it means to be diabetic and the sensor's need.
The other child has acted with alevosía, yours has reacted to an aggression.It goes beyond a thing costing 60 euros and Laotra 400, it goes that these people do not know what kind of person sleeps under their roof and, on top of that, the bill passes you.
It is all very unfortunate.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/23/2022 4:15 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.