{'en': 'Toujeo', 'es': 'Toujeo'} Image

Toujeo

Likor42's profile photo   11/04/2022 7:47 p.m.

Hello good,

I planned to change my toujeo to Lantus, I put 29 how I could change the and adjust the dose properly.

Thank you!

Likor42's profile photo
Likor42
11/04/2022 7:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What the endocrine tells you.
I changed starting with the same units and reducing until reaching 14 from Toujeo, used to use 16+2 reinforcement at 12 hours of Levemir.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/04/2022 8:46 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Likor42, more units of toujeo are usually needed than of Lantus, you will have to put less units of your., As 20%, less, and adjust later, but you have to indicate the endo.
Why do you want to change to Lantus?What problem do you have with Toujeo?
I ask you why my daughter wants to do the opposite and try Toujeo.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/04/2022 9:15 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is a rare change, yes, and as they tell you, on the one hand you have to guide the endocrine and on the other, you will need less units.Of course, not the whole world covers 24 hours.
For example, with Lantus I used 20 - 22, then I went to Tresiba and used the same thing but when changing Toujeo I had to climb to 32.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/04/2022 9:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

regina said:
@likor42, more toujeo units are usually needed than of lantus, you will have to put less units of your., As 20%, less, and adjust later, but youEndo has to indicate it.
Why do you want to change to Lantus?What problem do you have with Toujeo?
I ask you why my daughter wants to do the opposite and try Toujeo.

Before I used Lantus, I changed to Toujeo and I started well but now I don't spend one night without having to put me 2 or 3 times per early age, and I put me 25 and I go for 29. Then I want to change again

Likor42's profile photo
Likor42
11/04/2022 10:23 p.m.

@Likor42 If you are fine for the day, it is a problem of dinner, fats and protein go up to 4 or 5 hours.No slow absorbs it, it is based quickly.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/04/2022 11:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Like Ruthbia I think the problem is not in the slow, but in the rapid ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/04/2022 11:52 p.m.

I started in May with 35 UND of Toujeo, little by little I have been regulating two by two until I stayed in 20 und and I carry it quite well.

tollo's profile photo
tollo
11/05/2022 12:45 p.m.

DM1 Debut: Mayo 2022
FreeStyle Libre 2
Novorapid: 3ud desayuno + 3ud comida + 3ud cena.
Toujeo: 20 ud noche.
HbA1: Mayo22 11.6% Julio22 7.5% Sept22 6.5% Agost23 6.2%

Good afternoon,
I am type 1 diabetic since September 2013, from the beginning I was with Lantus and Novorapid with enough good control.You see 2 good pregnancies and births.
In October they changed my Lantus to Toujeo and I didn't finish taking the point.I got 15 units.From Lantus at noon.I was guided by the same time, and then I was adjusting.I am getting 12 toujeo but at night, because if I put it at noon I had hypos in the early morning.Even so, I get more or less on average at night ... They tell me that Toujeo is much flatter and better, but I do not finish understanding the controls.
I have thought about trying it in the morning ... but I wanted to know opinions and experiences.

In addition, I am not having a good time, I have a little anxiety.And lately, I look over by diabetes.

Sorry for the Tostón.Thank you

Dulce2012's profile photo
Dulce2012
12/03/2022 6:42 p.m.

DM1 2013

I put 12 from Toujeo in the morning (7:30 to 8:00Go up.That is usually my patron.The night can be due to dinner proteins as @ruthbia points out, noon does not worry me because I do not usually get to Hip and it seems great to me to eat with little sugar.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/03/2022 10:20 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Good afternoon,
I am a diabetic since April 2010, since the beginning I have been with Lantus and Novorapid and good.I had very good controls.
In June of this year I changed the endocrine to Toujeo.Since then it is an lack of control, I have not taken the point.I put it in the morning about 8:00 a.m., but in summer I tried to put it at night and very badly.I put it back in the morning.I put 12 toujeo, and spend the day between ups and downs, we go like a roller coaster.The problem I think is with the fast (novorapid) that I did not just adjust well with the toujeo.I think more insulin is needed.I get up well, with values ​​within normality, but after meals it is chaos, especially after the breakfast that or shoots me or I have descended.I this flat insulin at all, quite the opposite.In November with the educator, she told me that I was going to comment on the endocrine of changing the fast, in January to see what she says.I have greatly reduced hydrates, because I get a barbarity, this has been positive because I am eating much healthier.
This is my experience with the Toujeo, if you do not change the thing in January I will consider you to return to Lantus.

Greetings

anaardá's profile photo
anaardá
12/11/2022 8:13 p.m.

@anaardá, if the nights are good, the problem will be to find the fast dose, and eat low in hydrates.
My daughter has been given Toujeo and Fiasp, because with Lantus it goes well, but tends to go down at night.
He will start by changing only the slow one and then move on to Fiasp.At the moment the rapid one has is Humalog.
If you do not convince you, you will return to Lantus, which is the one you have been using 15 years.
The problem I see with these new slow ones is that you have to eat with very counted hydrates, because if you make heavier meals it is very difficult for the fast to control them, and these slow ones do not help to lower anything ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/12/2022 1:14 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Regina, the problem that with the rapid applying the counting by rations 1 units for 10 of hydrates is short.I think I have to get faster with this insulin, so it is costing me so much to calculate.To avoid the peaks I will try to put it 15 minutes before, although sometimes it is impossible for me.That is why in January I will ask the endocrine of using Fiasp.I already do the hydrates, as very few especially at night, and I think the same as with these insulins you have to eat the hits counted.With Lantus he ate everything, it is true that he abused hydrate, and now because in that better sense.But I am not having good control, I have a lot of up and down.Now the range I have is more uploads than down, to see if I manage to stabilize because I have never been so aware of diabetes, and the truth dislodged a lot

Greetings

anaardá's profile photo
anaardá
12/12/2022 1:33 a.m.

@"Anaardá", I think the same will happen to my daughter, who always ate everything.He tried Tresiba, but he went down a lot at night, and that was when he had to lower hydrates too, because he did not picos for the day.
With Lantus it tends to fall between meals, but metabolizes better hydrates and can even chop something between meals.
I don't know if you will adapt to these other insulins, but you will try to see if the nights stabilize more ..
And if not, he returns to Lantus, like the last time.
FIASP may avoid peaks .. Let's see ..
His endo proposes to try and stay with the one that Cponvenza most.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/12/2022 1:49 a.m.

@Regina if I try to see how it goes, but then there is time to return to Lantus.I with Lantus if I had nocturnal and with toujeo, in that sense the night drops I do not have them.The ups and downs that I have is because I have not adjusted the fast, it is costing me a lot.I am reading other threads and I have read that in the morning more fast insulin is needed.I will increase the insulin and put it 15 minutes before and see if I do not have those picos so pronounced.

Greetings

anaardá's profile photo
anaardá
12/12/2022 2:10 a.m.

It is a mess the changes and adjustments with the slow.I went from 10 from Lantus to 15 from Tresiva and thus, almost always, I managed to be in rank in the postpandriales.But the different stations also influence: in summer metabolize much better exogenous insulin, needing fewer units, and with cold the opposite.My needs increase with respect to the rapid.Also given the lack of control of the last weeks, I changed the night when I got up for the slow one.All this in order to minimize as much as possible the possible hypos of the night .... for now it seems that the thing is being controlled again.In short, this is not an exact science: it is diabets.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/12/2022 8:58 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

No, you don't have a fast sensitivity problem.
I changed Toujeo 4 years ago and it only cost me the traffic one month.From 18 of Levemir in 2 doses, to 14 in Toujeo.
Of course, the fast is on demand and it must be taken into account that Toujeo is very flat, any excess of hydrates does not absorb it, if you go to bed in 150, you get up between 145-155.The same for the day, any excess that does not cover novorapid, Toujeo does not metabolize him.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/12/2022 4:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.